Chapter 4

It Is What It Is

As I walked home I felt a buzzing come from my pocket. I checked it and smiled even more when I saw it was a message from Chen, who seems to have saved his name as ‘Chen Chen oppa <3’ I laughed out loud. I seem to have done a lot of laughing and smiling today. It felt nice. Maybe, just maybe I could win. I felt something that I hadn’t in a long time, I felt strong. I shook my head and got back to checking my text from Chen.

Chen Chen oppa <3 ~ Ninaaaaaaaaa don’t change my name I will find out :3 And I was wondering if you wanted to come round our hotel tomorrow?

Nina ~ haha I won’t Chen Chen :P and yeah sure just text me the address and time I might not reply though cos I’m knackered.

Chen Chen Oppa <3 ~ okay Nana ß that’s my nickname for you no one else can use it the address is ******************* and time 1:00pm. Have a lovely sleep my princess Nana

I smiled at his messages and checked the rest of my messages. I had one from my mum telling me that my brother is out and so is my Dad. So I guessed Mum would be the only one home… I tucked my phone back in my pocket realising that I was home. I had the biggest smile on my face as I walked through the front door. However, that changed as soon as I stepped in. Something wasn’t right. None of the lights in the house were on. So I decided I would call out for my Mum. I walked around our eerily quiet house. I made it to the kitchen. I screamed. Then I stopped. I just looked at my mother. Pale and hanging from a noose. All colour was drained from her body, her head was in a bad position and a stool was toppled over. I couldn’t even cry. I just stood there, staring at my now dead mother. I looked around and saw a piece of paper on the counter. It was my mother’s suicide note.

Dear Nina,

My lovely daughter, I know you will be the one to find me. Let me just tell you I’m sorry for leaving you I was too weak to carry on with your father and your brother. I know sometimes I have told you things that believe me I never meant. I told you things that have brought your confidence down considerably. I am sorry for that.  Don’t ever let anyone walk all over you. Don’t marry a horrible man. Don’t be me.

My poor baby I love you so much. I never got to tell you that but I do. I will always love you. My baby girl, I will watch over you and I will forever be in your heart.

Stay strong Nana Banana. I love you forever.

Love Mum xxx

I cringed at the name. I hated bananas but it was the nickname my mother gave me when I was little. So I smiled at that but then I frantically looked for more but I couldn’t find anymore. I just sat there and cried I didn’t know what to do. I checked the time and I saw that I have now been crying for a few hours, reading my mother’s note over and over again. It was now 2:00am. I looked through my phone at my short list of contacts.

Dad

Idiot brother who never picks up

Chen Chen Oppa <3

Mum <3

I knew my Dad is somewhere on the other side of the world so I couldn’t call him. My older brother is a complete who never ever picks up to me. And my mother well you know what’s happened with her. My only choice left was Chen. So I rang him.

(A/N Chen= C Nina=N)

It rang out twice and he picked up.

C ~ Hey Nana what’s wrong?

N ~ Chen, it’s my Mum I came home and s-s-she-

C ~ Nina calm down I’m here what happened to your mum?

N ~ She commited suicide she hung herself I-I can’t handle it I can’t I’m sorry It’s all my fault I knew something wasn-

C ~ shhh Nana It’s okay it’s not your fault, do you want to sleep here tonight?

N ~ yes please

So I told him my address and he said that he would be here in 5 minutes. I decided to try call my brother but of course he didn’t pick up so I texted him.

Hey just to let you know that I came home today to find mum. She committed suicide. I’m just about to tell the police so they can take her away and I don’t think I’m going to be at home anymore.

1 minute later I got a reply.

Haha that should rot in hell. I don’t care if she’s dead and I’m glad you’re gone means I don’t have to help your sorry out. Bye Nina, delete my number would ya?

I gasped at his words. How could he say something like that? I shook my head as I packed some stuff in a bag. Leggings, T-shirts, sweats, toothbrush, tooth paste, comb and some more clothes and necessities.

I heard a horn honking and assumed that it was Chen waiting outside for me.

I ran down and looked at my mum. I got some fresh tears in my mind as I kept the piece of paper in my necklace along with a picture of my Mum. I walk out the front door to the car waiting in front of this house with so many horrible memories. I’m finally leaving. I got in and looked at Chen. He took off his seat belt and he made his way over to hug me. I just cried and cried. I let all my feelings out. At that point I realised. I haven’t heard any voices for a while. I wonder what they’re planning. Then I stopped wondering as Chen whispered in my ear that we were at the hotel.

Chen lead me to his room and I saw that was a double bed. I couldn’t care at the moment because I was in comfy clothes so I just slipped off my boots and slid into his bed.

“Nana, You sleep there, I’ll sleep on the sofa beside the bed,” Chen told me. I shook my head and replied

“No just come in the double bed it’s not like we’re going to do anything,” I yawned and closed my eyes. Today had been a long day. I felt the bed dip on the other side and something warm enters the bed. I felt really cold so I decided to get as close to the warmth as I could then I fell into a deep sleep. The best sleep I’ve had in years in fact.

A/N Okay so now Nina has nicknames and her mother has sadly passed away into another life.

What do you think will happen next?

Will Chen be able to save Nina from herself or will she go the same way as her mother?

What will happen in the morning?

These questions will probably be answered in the next chapter.

Stay true :)

~ TheHaniniPanini