Chapter 11

It Is What It Is

 

At last I was allowed to leave this dreaded hospital! Luckily, I was fully healed so I didn’t need any crutches or slings to help my healing when I left. I looked around the room once and smiled to myself. Finally, after what seemed like a lifetime I can leave this hell. White walls, white bed, white chairs. I never want to come back here again.

In my arms I carried my duffle bag filled with everything the boys brought me, they are all such sweethearts. If you told me a year ago on this day that I would be close with EXO I would’ve laughed at you and told you that nothing like this would ever happen to a useless girl like me. I would’ve walked off in my long black hoodie and black skinny jeans. I would’ve had puffy eyes from crying every night. Not anymore.

Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around my back. I smiled to myself.

“Jongdae~~”I whined as I turned around so I could hug him back.

“Nana~~” He replied back in the same tone. “Ready to leave this hell hole and see your new home?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be,” I smiled back. He just stood there looking at my face. It was like he was examining every part of my face as if he wanted to keep it in his memory forever.

“Ya! What are you staring at?” I asked stepping back and crossing my arms.

“You smile more nowadays, it’s nice.” He said simply as he took my hand and dragged me out. Pabo.

When we exited the room I was bombarded by hugs and shouts of excitement.

“Shhhh, you’re going to wake up the whole hospital. Pabos.” I shouted. I then heard a chorus of ‘Sorry Nina’. Despite me being the youngest they all listened to me pretty well. The advantages of being the only girl are somewhat amazing. However, there are some minor setbacks like-

“Nina, you’re going to have to sit on one of our laps there aren’t enough seats,” Kai said cheekily.

“Ani, Why me? Why can’t one of you guys do that?”

“Because one, you’re the youngest and two I’m not letting one of these blockheads sit on my lap.” Xiumin said in his ‘I’m old I can tell you what to do voice’.

“Who wants me to sit on their lap then?” I said cheekily. Funnily enough, most of them put their hands up. I laughed so much that I got tears in my eyes. “Okay, I have this tennis ball for some reason so I’ll turn around and throw it and the person who catches it will have to deal all my weight until we get home. Does that seem fair?” They all nodded eagerly. I turned around after setting my duffle bag onto the concrete floor and had the tennis ball in hand ready to through. I could hear lots of shuffling and shoving. “Ya! Why are you fighting over me? I’m a heavy lump. Why do you want me to sit on your lap? Pabos.”

“Nina, you’re as light as a feather, sometimes it worries me.” Sehun said.

“ahaha whatever you say Sehun,” I laughed and got ready to through the ball.

“3, 2, 1!” And at one I threw the ball. I spun around seeing who had caught it.

To my surprise Jongdae was the only one standing in the middle holding the ball while the others stood around him with evil looks on their faces.

“Huh? Did you set this up?” I looked around at them with my death glare until I locked eyes with Suho. “Yes Suho I’m looking at you, you are the leader.”

“Ani, it wasn’t my idea to have Chen catch the ball and to get you two to rea-“

“Shut up Suho, even I know when to keep my mouth shut and I can never keep secrets.” I hear Chanyeol whisper to him.

“Aww Nana you don’t want to sit with me,” Jongdae pouted at me.

“A-Ani, i-it’s just that- u-urm.” My cheeks started to turn a bright red colour so I hid my face with my hands. Why does he do this to me?

“Enough of that lets head home” Luhan said. Trying to be all manly yet his face always fails him.

A/N

I’m so sorry that I haven’t updated in a long time.

In other news Luhan’s leaving :(

It’s really upsetting but good for him. I respect them (Kris and Luhan) for knowing what to do when they know that they aren’t comfortable with what they’re doing.

If you’re doing something that really has stopped giving you happiness then you need to stop. Don’t carry on doing it just because someone tells you that you have to. But just because there isn’t any happiness now there are always options for it to happen later.

The thing is, you have to try. You have to work for happiness sometimes. Sometimes happiness doesn’t come easy. You need to work for it.

Don’t give up, it always gets worse before it can get better.

Stay True :)

~TheHaniniPanini