The Truth About Lee Naeri

Moonlight: Undying Love (Sequel to Moonlight: First Love)

“I’m Lee Naeri, Baekhyun’s fiancée.”

I try my best to cover my surprised face and my sadness when I heard what the girl has said. Baekhyun keep stealing glance at me for a few times and sending Naeri a dissatisfy look.

“Naeri, please. We promise not to tell anyone about this, am I?” Baekhyun said as he pulled away Naeri’s hand which is clinging onto his arm. Naeri pouted in return by Baekhyun’s coldness.

“Eh? But I feel threatened by her. Who wouldn’t be easily fall for her if she had such a beautiful face?” She torted and flashed me a friendly smile.

I faked smiled and take a single look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun notice my curious stare and turning his head at Naeri with a serious look.

“Naeri. Don’t you have a class right now?”

“Aww Baekhyun you’re always avoiding me now. We’re gonna get married soon so don’t acting so shy to me!” She state cheerfully and held Baekhyun’s arm again make him growled again.

“I’m serious.”

Naeri released his hand with a frowning face, disappointed with his Baekhyun’s cold reaction to her.

“Hmfh!! Alright, whatever! You’re so bad I hate you! Well ~~~~-ah we’ll meet again later! BYE!” She huffed, sticking her tongue at Baekhyun and give me a last wave before she’s disappearing in side the campus.

Baekhyun rubbed his neck nervously as he noticed my piercing stare at him.

“Well, I will explain it to you later—“

“NOW.” I snapped while gaining my right mind back. *Looks like I’m not gonna be with him again after all this year.*

“She’s Lee Naeri, my childhood friend. My parents arranged it for me since I was little..and now it turned out to be like this.” He explained and takes a look at me to see my reaction. I give a small smile.

“She seems to be a good girl, Baek. I’m happy for you.” I swallow my tears away by the word that comes from my mouth.

“No. I don’t want this marriage. Don’t you dare saying that I’ll be happy with this matter.” He throws a piercing stare, make me turned quiet immediately.

“But she seems to love you back. You..don’t have any feelings for her?” I asked honestly, wanting to hear his answer. * If you had a same feeling I feel towards you, Byun Baekhyun.*

He sighed.

“To be honest, I had sort of crush for her when I was little. At that time, she hates me because of my nerdy appearance. Yeah, I was sort of ugly that time. But now, I don’t have any feeling towards her anymore. After she first saw my face when we met a few months ago, she starts to cling towards me when she heard about this arranged engagement.” He fixed his bangs that slightly covered his eyes, make me adoring his flawless face for a moment.

*Who wouldn’t fall for you after saw your beautiful face, Baekhyun? I also fall in love with you in our first met.*

“She’s already fall in love with you! Maybe you would try to like her back like before.” I said the words even thought the words will shredded my heart into pieces.

“I’m afraid not.” He replied curtly.

“Why?”

“I don’t want to love her back. I want to be loved by someone else.”

Baekhyun staring intently at me for a few seconds makes me try to hide my blush.

“I have a class later. See you Baekhyun.” I want to leave when he held my wrist again like before, make me abruptly stops.

“Don’t avoiding me after this. I want to walk together with you later.” He says while staring right into my eyes. My heart starts beating like crazy by his stare.

“Okay.” I said shortly, and he flashed his signature smile to me, makes butterflies in my stomach.

He let go of my hands and walked towards the opposite direction from me as he’s having his History class. I finally make my way to my class with a saddened expression. *If she loves him, then it would be good then. She’s beautiful and seems like a nice person, too.*

Suddenly, my hand is pulled roughly, make my back collides hardly onto the wall. My books scattered on the floor by the sudden action.

PANG!!

I wasn’t able to think straight anymore as my left cheek being slapped by someone so hard. I stood in shock while holding my cheek, and literally surprise seeing the culprit who did it.

It was Naeri.

Naeri was glaring at me with a murderous aura and sending me a y smirk, which was really beyond my imagination about how I thought she is. She stepping closer to me, makes me unconsciously shivering as a slight fear obviously shown on my face.

“Hey . You think I don’t know about what you do with my Baekkie in the class earlier? How dare you hugging him in the public like you were his girlfriend. HEY LISTEN! Baekhyun is mine, and don’t you dare to steal him from me!” She spat while giving me a threatening look.

“This is the last warning. Or else you’ll see what I will do to eliminate you. Arasseo?” With a last sly smile, she walked away, only gave me more pain physically and mentally. I slowly squat down to take my book back while a tear suddenly rolled down.

*Why does it’s so hard to love you, Byun Baekhyun?*

 

 

 

“Hey ~~~~~-ah! KRIS HYUNG CHEN HYUNG I MISS YOU!!” Baekhyun hollored from afar with Naeri standing besides him, clinging closer to him. I stiffened and I scoot closer to my brother and Kris. My brother’s face changing when he saw Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun! You’re studying here too? What a coincidence!” He gave the younger a hi-five and look at Naeri with a questioning face.

“Who’s the girl besides you?” I timidly look up and find Naeri was staring at me with a mysterious smile. I look down instantly. *She just pretended to be nice with me because Baekhyun was besides her.*

“I’m Lee Naeri. Baekhyun’s—“

“Friend.” Baekhyun cut off her words, make her expression change. Chen nodded, and Kris unknowingly shifted his eyes at me.

“Wanna join us? I want to have a meal with Baekhyun later.” She chimed. Baekhyun face frowning after hearing that.

“But I want to walk with—“

“It’s okay. You two go ahead. I can walk with the oppas. Sorry for interrupting you two.” I said and grabbing my brother’s sleeve. Chen and Kris just nodded in return. Even if my brother just saw Naeri today, he knows that she was a rival for me.

“Good bye.”

I turned away without looking at Baekhyun. Chen just staring at me when he realized that I stay silent all the time. He looks at Kris, wanting for a clear explaination.

“Duizhang. You tell me. I know you know.”

“Naeri. Baekhyun’s fiancée arranged by his parents. But he didn’t tell anyone but I think she knows about that as she tries to leave those two alone.”

I listening their conversation quietly. Chen finally understands the situation. Grabbing my hand, he whispered quietly to my ear.

“Did that girl say something to you? I saw your left cheek slightly turn red. You can’t hide it from me. We’ll talk about it later.”

I shut my eyes. My brother always knows everything.

 

 

 

 

“Son!” Mr.Oh gave his son a fatherly hug to his son as he saw his wife and his only son arrives at the departure at the Incheon Airport.

“How’s France?”

“It’s okay dad. I think mom enjoys it too much.” Sehun let out a small smile and slung his long and slender hand to his mom’s shoulder.

“It’s like Sehun becomes my personal assistant, dear. He’s stubbornly insisting to carry all my shopping bag.” Mrs. Oh slung her arm to her son’s waist. Sehun just smile in return by his mother’s affection.

“Let’s go. You missed your first day in university so you will be terribly busy tonight, son.” Mr. Oh take his wife’s luggage and Sehun taking responsibility by carrying his own luggage and his mother’s which contains all sorts of souvenirs from France.

“Did my application get accepted to Seoul University?” Sehun ask his father as he walk in pace with his father.

“I just send your application to Kyungbok University instead.” Sehun’s face changed a bit after hearing the statement.

“Kyungbok? That’s Baekhyun hyung’s university. But why—“

“Trust me, son. It would be convenient for you if you study there.” Mr. Oh replied with a mysterious smile. Sehun just said nothing. “I will explain more when we get home later.”

Sehun doesn’t know that his life will change afterwards after this.

 

 

 

 

A/N : Hello! So here is my 6th chapter! This chapter is quite long for me but I enjoyed writing it^^

          Do enjoy and leave some comments for my silent readers :D