Running Away

Moonlight: Undying Love (Sequel to Moonlight: First Love)

Naeri didn’t bother him almost for a week long after the incident, and Baekhyun didn’t know if he should be cautious or to felt relieved that Naeri didn’t even showing herself in front of him and you.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!!”

Baekhyun was surprise when he entered his house one day, he sees his parents waiting for him at the living room. It was bizarre since his parents never cared about him. Byun Baekhyun would never being the first of their priority, and seeing they’re waiting for him and actually have a talk to HIM was able to make his eyes rounded in surprise.

The question that lingering in his mind vanished in an instant when he saw Naeri was there, with a puffy eyes and tears that still can be seen in her eyes.

You’re still didn’t the fact I already over you, Lee Naeri?

Naeri’s eyes glistened after she saw him walking towards the living room. “Baek—“

“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun says while glaring at her, a rather cold tone comes out from his mouth.

“What are you thinking by dating another girl while YOUR fiancée is here, crying like there’s no tomorrow for a whole week, because of you! We don’t expect our only son to have such a spoil attitude!”

Really?

He scoffed and smirked by hearing his dad statement. “How do you know anything about me when you don’t even mind speaking and spending your freaking time for me?”

He spat back, and that makes both of them froze in shock after hearing what he had say. Mr. Byun stares back with a slightly trembling voice, taken aback with the statement.  “You-you little ungrateful—“

“For your information, I wasn’t even agreed with this stupid arrangement of yours from the start. I won’t marry Naeri, EVER.”

Naeri’s voice shrieking and gasps, when she quickly buried her face onto her palm.

“How could you, Baek? I love you so much. What is my weakness that you didn’t even look at me all this time?” She sobbed again, and this time Baekhyun can feel a tiny bit of guilty inside him.

Almost.

He sighs.

“Did I say that I don’t love you before? It’s the reality that I already love someone else so let’s just forget me—“

“What do you say?! We can’t let you marry any other girl except for Naeri!! It’s our final decision.” Mr. Byun said firmly to his son, who seems like he was going to go murder someone by his glare after hearing what his father says.

“I won’t marry her.”

“WE SAID NO!”

“You think I will obey your words this time? Well, I’m not surprised to see you insisted to sell your own son for the sake of your wealth—“

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!!”

PANGG!!!

Baekhyun feel his left cheek sting in pain after being slapped by his father. He chuckle in return by his father’s reaction, and his behavior freaked out both of his parents.

“If you dare to cancel off this wedding, I’ll make you never stepping your foot inside this house ever again, Byun Baekhyun!” His father dared him with an angry and threatening glare. He just can stare back at his father and mother with a stern face, before landed on Naeri, who now peeking her eyes on the whole situation between her fingers.

“You can’t do anything to threaten me this time. I’m still not going to marry her.”

“You stubborn little brat! Then get out now!!!”

“I was thinking to leave this meaningless house anyway. I was always alone, stay lifelessly in this house like a walking corpse. Thanks for kicking me out, Dad.”

With that, Baekhyun flew out from the house without even looking back.

“BAEKHYUN!! COME BACK HERE—“

He could hear his mom and Naeri’s voice calling out for him, but it was too late. He’s freaking done with his unsettled family matter, and he decided to running away from the problems he faced starting from today.

 

 

 

“WHAT?! Ran away?!”

I unknowingly shouted when I heard Kris’s shocking news through the phone. Luckily Kris’s ears were able to avoid your high pitched scream, before he replied back with a scowl.

“Yah, don’t yell through my precious ears—“

“Where’s Baekhyun now, oppa?”I ignored his not-so-important whining about his ears, and immediately asked with a worried tone.

“He’s on Kyungsoo’s.”

My eyes furrowed in curiosity. “But isn’t he supposed to at least staying at your house if he really is running away from his house? no—I don’t mean to saying that you should let him staying to troubling you, but Kyungsoo’s house is far from the college—“

“He’s the one deciding to stay there. Since Naeri already knows my place..”

That suddenly clicks on my mind, “She won’t be able to know where Baekhyun staying for now, and his parents won’t expect him to go to Kyungsoo’s.”

I sighed in relief after hearing that Baekhyun has a place to stay for a while. “But he shouldn’t make a rash decision by ran away like that.”

I could hear Kris sighs from the line.

“You’re the first one I tell this news after he told me to not telling anyone. I think you should know..that he actually being kicked out when he denies to marry Naeri.”

My heart twinge in guilt again. Baek..

“I’ll talk to him, Kris oppa. Leave this to me.”

“No, Don’t—“

I ended the call as soon as I can. Kris oppa was good enough to tell me the things I shouldn’t know and I feel that I should thank him afterwards.

But this time, I need to talk to Baekhyun.

 

 

 

I eyed Baekhyun from afar as he walking towards me with a stupid grin plastered on his face while waving at me cheerfully. My anger softened as soon as I saw the beautiful smile of his once again.

Why do you acting like nothing happen? Why can you still showing this happy smile to me?

Baekhyun settles down on the swing besides me. “Hey jagi. Are you missed me so badly that you can’t get enough of me tonight too?” He joked, but I remained poker faced and in the end he pouted at my reaction.

“Why are you coming from the opposite direction of your house? Did something happen?” I asked and find he’s rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably and starts to move the swing.

“Err..I was just going back from meeting Kris hyung earlier.”

His answer make me shook my head, disappointed. “Baekhyun, don’t lie to me, I know. Kris oppa told me everything and I was thankful to him.”

“You’re staying at Kyungsoo’s house, and not minding telling me.” My voice turned out shakily.

Baekhyun’s eyes rounded as he saw my hurtful stare to him. He stopped the swing his right away with his right foot. The happy face he tried to maintain from the start turned panic immediately.

“I don’t want to make you worry.”

“You already did. Why you make a rash decision by running away like that? You should at least try to talk—“

“You don’t know my father. He never agrees anything I said, and he would NEVER going to agree if this involving to his status. Sometimes I have wondered if they really are my parents.” I could see the sad look on his face and my hand automatically met his, giving him a light squeeze on his hand.

“Baek, you know that’s not true. They are your parents, and they would always want to make their child happy, deep inside their heart.” I smiled bitterly. *How can I able to console him, when I’m also stuck on the same situation as him?*

He stares at me intently without saying a word, and I started to get panic wondering if I had say something wrong to him. I move my hand which still entangle with his, only to being held back by him.

“Baekhyun—“

“Let’s ran away, far from here with me. Only both of us.”

Baekhyun stated, and his face still remained unchanged, convincing me that he’s serious with the statement.

“We..can’t.”

I sighed and remove my hand away from him. His shoulders shrunk in disappointment when I rejecting his idea. The hurtful look on his eyes caught me off guard and I know I already hurt his feelings.

“No, Baekhyun. I’ve already try to ran away from you a year ago, and there it is, we meet again. Reality hit us over and over again, and this time we should face it.” I sat up and wrapped my arms to him, giving him a warm hug, I smiled a bit when I feel his body tense from the shock.

“I trust you.”

“…alright, I wouldn’t do reckless thing again.”

Baekhyun softened with my touch, and return back the hug. His mind suddenly clicks, and he decided that he should change the heavy atmosphere by cheering you up. He hated it when you’re troubled by his problems.

“You know, I would reconsider going back to my house and have a talk to my father.”

I pulled away from the hug and give him a disbelief look.

“Really? You would?”

“Depends, if you showed me your best aegyo.” His cheeky grin shows up once again and that time I had the urge to slap his beautiful face. I mentally facepalmed.

“No way!”

“Please, for me!” He begged with a puppy eyes, and I know I couldn’t resist that.

“But I don’t know—fine.”I exhaled, and continued. My eyes wander around elsewhere except him, who was staring at me expectantly.

“Buing~” I blushed while putting my fist on my right cheek and give my best to look cute, only to be a laughing stock by him.

I frowned. Is it that bad? I don’t look cute to him?

“Yah, you’re supposed to look cute and adorable, not funny.” He says while wiping away his tears due to laughing so much.

“Are you mocking me?” My face heated in embarrassment.

“No!”

“You’re so mean. I don’t want to care about you anymore.” I sulked and about to walk away, before he caught my wrist and spun me around in a swift movement. I gasp when his face just a few inches from me, and he was staring at me with his freaking irresistible eye smile.

“Y-yah what are you doing? Let go of me!”

“I’m just joking, are you mad?” I rolled my eyes when he’s sending me a mischievous smile once again. I try to pry his hand but he wrapped his hands on my waist and pulled me closer instead, causing me to blush like crazy. “You should be the one cheering me up, now it’s the other way around.”

“You’re the one asked for it, and you laughed at me.”

Baekhyun noticed my sulky tone and poking my cheek. “I’m just kidding, you’re cute.”

“Don’t flatter me, liar.” I rolled my eyes, and he laughed at my stubbornness. He leaning much closer that I could feel his breath ghosting on my neck, and it sends down shiver to my spine.

“That’s why I love you. You make me this so badly, even though you had a bad aegyo.” He whispered seductively to my ears.

What??

“YAH, YOU BYUNTAE!!”

My cheeks tinted red by his husky tone and that makes me struggling on his embrace, trying to freeing myself from him immediately. Baekhyun release me after seeing my red face, before he laughed hysterically again.

“You should see your face!”

Maybe I shouldn’t talk to him in the first place. What a prankster.

“Now you’re already being entertained by me. Now go away, ert.”

I huffed and running towards my house, didn’t want him to see my pouting face. I turned around and saw him waving his hand cheerfully to me. *That pabo, he doesn’t know how to being serious? He’s being kicked out from his house and he still can joke around like this.*

“BYE—“

“Shut up! I hate you!” I yelled back, and his grin turned even wider.

“I love you too, wifey.

I stopped in my track when I heard he said something from behind, and I try my best to not smiling back. That’s cheesy, but that’s Byun Baekhyun for you.

“You’re cheesy and obnoxious, Baek.”

“That’s why you love me!” He yelled back from afar with a wide grin on his face, and I just shook my head, giving up my anger for him. I can’t keep mad at him any longer.

“Yeah, I love you too, idiot.” I blurted, and it seems like he heard it.

“YESS!!”

I could see he did a small, silly victory dance on the empty streets alone after hearing my confession. I chuckled before entering my house, didn’t aware there was someone who was watching both of you from the start.

 

 

 

 

“Yes miss, I’m currently watching them.”

“Tell me, did something happen.”

“Like usual, they will usually meet each other near her house thrice in a week at the night time and that guy will leave soon after they met up—“

“Nah, boring. I know that already so I get another job for you. Today I want you to follow him and investigate where exactly that guy currently living, and tell me as soon as possible. Do lose him and you know what’ll happen.”

“Y-yes I got it, miss.”

She could hear the voice on the other line stuttering in fear, and she smirked.

“Good.” Naeri ended the call and an evil smile curled up onto her lips.

I got you, Byun Baekhyun. If I can’t get you, no one else can.

 

 

 

 

A/N : Hello!! It’s been a long time since my last update.. Honestly, I’m not quite satisfied on this chapter but I’ll try my best to keep updating this story without fail and of course, finishing this story as fast as I could so thanks for the support!!^^

p/s : Not proof-read so pardon me for the grammar mistakes.