~

I Will Find You Again

It was 5AM, still dark, but it was still 'morning'. Lay had walked me home and ruffled my hair before watching me go inside the house. 

"Bye..." I whispered. 

"Bye." He whispered back waving. I closed the door and walked up the stairs. I turned back around to look through the window that was above our door. I saw him walking away, but then I saw another figure stumbling around towards him, Seona... She was definitely not drunk. She was giggling and waved to Lay. Lay held onto Seona steadily as she whipped her arms around, Lay struggled, trying not to get punched in the face by her flailing arms. They were at the front and Seona yelled into the door.

"OPEN THE DOOR! YAH!" Seona was banging on the door very loudly. Mom and dad were probably sleeping so I ran down the stairs and opened the door. I was suddenly slapped by Seona. She gasped and held her hands to . Lay looked at me surprised, he let his grip go and walked up to me. 

"Seohi... Are you ohkay?" It stung, but it was just an accident... 

"I'm fine, Seona is drunk."

"Haha! I slapped Seohi." Seona started giggling and Lay glared at her, a dark aura surrounding him. 

"Say sorry Seona. You say sorry and mean it sincerely." He seethed. Seona looked at Lay seriously then laughed.

"Seohi's fine! Look! And it was an accident ohkay? Let it gooooo." She did an aegyo and pushed past us towards the stairs. 

"Seo-!"

"Lay... It's ohkay. She's young. She must've been offered drinks. It's good enough that she came home without something bad happen to her." Lay ran his fingers through his hair and looked down at me.

"You're ohkay though? Is your cheek stinging?" He reached for it and I flinched at his touch. He pulled his hand back with a worried expression. 

"Lay it's ohkay, go. I'll be fine in the morning. You should go home. It's really late. It was nice dancing with you." I pushed him lightly away and closed the door. I looked up and saw Seona lean against the stair pole. 

"Wow... He fell for it. I'm sorry did it hurt? Don't answer, I never cared. Haha. Have a good night." Seona walked away with her heels in her hands. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bag of frozen peas and put it to my cheek. I walked up the stairs and flopped onto the bed groaning. That slap really is starting to hurt a lot. The frozen bag of peas was easing the pain and lulled me to sleep. 

I woke up with pain on my cheek and I groaned. The peas are thawed now, past thawing, they are practically squished. I took a deep breath in and grabbed fresh clothes from the drawers and took a morning shower. I walked into the kitchen, Seona was already sitting at the table eating her breakfast. I sat down as mom put a plate of bacon and eggs with bread onto the table. 

"What happened to your cheek?!" Mom grabbed my chin and made me face her. My eyes glanced over to Seona and she looked up from the plate and raised an eyebrow. I glanced back to mom and gave a smile. 

"I was dancing too hard last night and punched myself in the face." Mom sighed and carressed my cheek, she leaned down and kissed my forehead. 

"You can be so crazy some times. Hurry up and eat ohkay? You'll be late." 

"Yes mom." I wolfed down the breakfast despite the pain the cheek gave me. After finishing I dropped the plate into the sink and grabbed my backpack and made my way to the school. Just as I arrived to the gates Beora had arrived too. We were across from each other and I slowly walked towards her. "Beora..."

"What?"

"I..." I fidgeted around, "I'm really sorry about last night." Beora relaxed and smiled.

"It's ohkay. It seemed like you weren't yourself... the grumpy you. But I forgive you." She linked my arm with hers and walked with me into the school.

"What did you last night?"

"I hung out with Seona, prevented her from getting drunk. How did she get home? Oh yeah, and what's with the bruise?"

"Hmm... You did a good job, thanks for taking care of her for me. Seona got home fine, pretended to act drunk. So I ended up getting slapped."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah... Maybe because she saw Lay drop me off." She looked at me and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Lay dropped you off? What did you two do last night?" She couldn't hold back the smile that was creeping onto her face. 

"We just danced together." 

"Mhm..." She gave a look as if saying 'you're-hiding-something-from-me'. 

"It's true... Plus, how about we focus on how the party went hm?" 

"Ahh... Alright. I got over the incident between me and Seona."

"You did? How?" I looked at Beora astonished. 

"Well, I shouldn't hold a grudge... And plus, we got a little bit closer last night since I was kinda by her side the whole night." I nodded my head. 

"Oh. I see. But are you sure?"

"Sure about what?"

"What if she pulls something like that again? On you."

"No... I would doubt it. I mean, I know it was a huge impact on me, but I should try to get along with her. She ruined our relationship, but it's not like I don't have a second chance with them..." I saw hope in her eyes, but hope for what? A new, fresh start with Seona, or the hope of getting back together with the family she had lost? "You know, I could try talking to them today."

"Your parents?"

"Yeah. I didn't really voice out anything and just kinda let it happen. Sorta." She was really going let it go? After all that Seona had caused her? Beora had been barely living on her expenses for five years because of what happened. I couldn't understand her logic. If Beora had just lost something less drastic, letting it go would've been fine, but what Seona did to Beora was nothing to be forgiven of so easily. "I know my parents weren't very responsive in letting me explain myself thinking that I have dishonoured them... But I just hope that there is a sliver of forgiveness in them and that they are willing to give me a second chance. It's been 5 years..." Beora began to tighten a grip on my arm, biting her bottom lip to hold back the tears that dared to brim her glossy eyes. 

"Do you want to skip today?"

"No. I think if I skip, all I'm going to do is cry about it, which isn't really helpful. We're starting on the solo-dancing presentation so I think that will get a lot off my chest. And I don't want to keep you from Lay." Beora looked over at me and winked. 

"Dude... Stop. It's not like that... And maybe never will be." 

"What? Why? What are you talking about? He's like, so... perfect. DO YOU LIKE SOMEONE ELSE?" 

"Yeah." I spoke out bluntly. 

"WAIT. WHAT?" Beora stopped in her tracks and stared at me. 

"Yeah, I kinda like someone."

"WHO?!"

"I'll tell you another day. I don't think I've spent enough time with him just yet to say I like him."

"Ohh... Is it another one of the EXO members?" 

"Yeah...." I looked down and scuffed my toes against the cement. 

"Well, I guess I'm going to have to wait."

"I was joking." Beora gave me a murderous look and punched my arm.

"OW."

"I swear to Buddha I would be beating the out of you right now if we weren't at school. Are you seriously tripping me like that?"

"Well, you need to know that I don't know if I'm ever going to fall in love with Lay. On top of that, I barely know him. You know that I am not in any stage of finding a relationship too."

"Yeah, because all you care about is getting at least a decent amount of good done in school and dancing. That's it."

"Well, that's still ohkay right?" We slid open the door and walked into the classroom, settling in just as the bell rang.

"I don't know. But if that's how you think spending high school like is worth it then I guess I can't help you."

"Mm..." I stopped talking and we both focused in class, writing notes.


"YAY. Time for daaaaaaaance." I stretched myself while walking down the hallway with Beora. 

"Nice belly button." She poked my stomach and I squealed covering my stomach with my arms. 

"Ugh... Anyways what song are you thinking of doing?" Beora hummed tapping a finger on her chin.

"Hmm... I was thinking one of EXO's songs since they came in to help, just wanted to reward them haha, I don't know." Beora shrugged. "How about you? You usually figure out what song you're going to use just like that." Beora snapped her fingers then pointed a finger at me.

"I was thinking of doing Two Moons by EXO." 

"Oh really? So you're going to dance bad- for us huh? You're very boyish, I can definitely see you're going to amaze everyone with that kind of concept."

"Haha yeah. I want to end up in a boy-girl group. Like, not mix gender, but more like boyish girl group concept. Something like 2NE1 but more bad- and boy-like. Y'know?" 

"Yeah. That would definitely suit you. Last year you just started dancing so I think if you really showed off that side of you here for the presentation, it will really get the judges to place you in a spot." Beora nodded her head giving approval of my concept idea. 

"Ohkay class. So the next performance is just focused on the solo's. So dancing group does their solo to a song, show your full potential." Hyoyeon shot me a look then looked away to other students. "Singing students do a singing solo of course, same goes with the rapping group. For those that are in the double group, I believe it is preferred you guys choose one thing out of the two. Or if you would like, you may do both. Ohkay, now scatter. Oh! And you guys will not be having a member of EXO to stay with you to help out throughout the whole way, just only to look and give tips." Hyoyeon dismissed us and everyone scattered to their little circle of friends talking about what song they should do. I had already figured it out and walked up to Hyoyeon. 

"Hyoyeon, I was wondering if I can work outside in the hallways where the windows are from now on?" There were windows in the hallway- it acted like a mirror since it was just another classroom that had its curtains closed at all times, plus classes aren't often inside. Hyoyeon nodded her head and gave me an 'OK'. I bowed to her and excitedly walked out the door. I connected the mini-speakers I had brought from home to my iPod and chose the Two Moons song. I had remembered most of what the routine I did with Lay last night and took position. 

"You're working out here?" I looked over and saw a face I was unfamiliar with. 

"Uh..." I was dumbfounded and couldn't utter a proper sentence. I don't know this dude!

"It's ohkay, my name is Kai. I am the main dancer for EXO-K. Lay is the main dancer of EXO-M." My mouth molded into an 'O' shape and I nodded.

"My name is Seohi." I smiled and held out a hand. He shook my hand in return and gave a smile. 

"What song are you thinking of doing?"

"I was going to do Two Moons, by you guys." I said sheepishly. 

"Oh! Me and Lay danced to it for a video. Have you seen it?" I shook my head. "Oh. Well, you should check it out. But hey, let me see what you've got." 

"Oh! Uhm... I don't know if..."

"It's ohkay. Freestyling is good enough." 

"Uhm... Then can you play the music?"

"Yeah sure." He walked over to the speakers and waited for me to settle down and tapped the play button. I felt my heart beating rapidly from showing this boyish side of me to a stranger. I wouldn't mind the audience, but someone like an Idol and alone. But I wasn't going to hold myself back from freestyling this song to my fullest. When I finished Kai was clapping his hands and was very content with the dance.

"Wow! That was really good!" I found myself comparing him to Lay, Kai reacted very positively, Lay was more critical when he saw me freestyle. 

"Thank you." I bowed. 

"You don't need to be so formal. We're dancers here." 

"Ah..." I bowed again instinctively and stopped myself. "Oh."

"Hahah!" Kai laughed, his eyes shaping into down side crescent moons. I started laughing too at my silly move. I saw Lay peek his head out the door and walked towards us.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Lay asked curiously. 

"Hahah, nothing. Don't worry about it. You should watch her dance to our song. It's really good." Kai winked at me as if we had just created a little inside joke between us and walked back into the classroom. Lay looked back to me and tilted his head.

"What?" 

"What were you guys laughing about?"

"Nothing." I cleared my throat and turned away facing the 'window-mirror'. 

"Ohkaayyy... Show me the dance... Again." Lay smirked. He must've felt prideful knowing that he already saw me dance. 

"You already saw it."

"Shh... Nobody knows, plus, let's see how much you remember."

"Most of it." I hissed back jokingly. 

"Oh? Let's see." I danced to the song and stuck my tongue out.

"SEE?" 

"I see I see. You're getting better. I better see it improved beyond my expectations at the performance though." Lay ruffled my hair again and walked into the class. I pouted to his back and turned back to the 'window-mirror'. I'll show you a dance so bad-, I'll be the ruler of bad- people. 


COOOOOOOOOOL. I mean, not so much was really thrown out there. I mean, only a wee bit of the incident- so idunno, maybe I'll explain the incident a little more in the next chapter (: