~

I Will Find You Again

I came trudging back, sweating and breathing raggedly. Seona trailed behind me as the next group got ready to go on stage. 

"That... Was... AWESOME!" Lay ran up to me and hugged me. 

"Ugh... I am so sweaty, Lay get off me." Lay let go and laughed to himself. 

"Oops... Sorry. Oh! Seona you did really well too!" Lay looked at Seona and gave a high five. Seona grinned and smiled.

"You should've given me hug!" Seona complained. 

"Oh! Did you want one?"

"No. It's ohkay. I wouldn't want to force it." She flashed her famous 'eye-smile'. 

"Awehh nooo... I feel bad, here come in for a hug." His long arms reached out for Seona and pulled her in with a tight embrace. Seona looked at me and gave a devillish smile. What...? I looked away uncomfortable and began walking to the back. It's time to pat away the sweat. It feels like they are hugging for a really long time... Why is that bothering me?

"Wow, you are sweating a lot!" Beora leaned against the wall as I started ripping out paper towel after paper towel to get rid of the sweat.

"Yeah... I know. It feels icky, but I gave my best shot and the audience was just... It felt so right, y'know? It felt like with the support of them, I feel like I want to do this for them because maybe they've have a hard days at work and just need us to give them a little something to be excited for." 

"Yeah... That's true." She sighed happily but stopped her breath. "How long are they going to hug?" I looked over to where Beora was nudging her chin towards and just at that moment they broke apart. 

"Well... It just ended, how 'bout that?" I looked back to the mirror, yet my eyes still fixated on Lay.

"Are you jealous?" I scoffed.

"No. Why?"

"Well... you guys have been getting really, really close lately. Even the students are saying that you guys are probably on the next base if you know what I'm saying." 

"We're not. We just happen to be childhood friends."

"Childhood friends? Huh. That's funny."

"Why is that so funny?"

"It's just that you said you were going to find that boy that you had lost your memories of... and yet you don't seem so attached to the idea. You seem like you want to just reject it or keep it on the downlow. Maybe even forget that it ever existed."

"Oh... Well, I don't know, I just want to let things flow." I stared into the mirror watching Seona and Lay converse then Seona waved good-bye and Lay waved back. After Seona turned around to hang out with the Senior kids, Lay stuffed his hands into his pocket and began looking around. He looked left and right and finally caught my eyes. 

"Oh look, pretty boy is coming over. I'll leave." Beora waved good-bye and I gave a small wave back. 

"Hey... I was looking for you." 

"Oh. You were? I thought you would have liked some alone time with my sister." I felt myself speak with a little bit of poison. 

"Are you...?"

"What? If you want to hang around my sister too, that's fine. I'm not holding you back."

"What are you talking about? I just gave her a hug and talked to her a little bit."

"Mhm..." I finished patting my neck and threw the paper towel into the trash bin. "Well, I'm going to go now, we have to bow a farewell to the audience." I gave a fake smile and walked away leaving him behind. Maybe I shouldn't have acted so cold towards him. I mean, he was just talking to her and it's not like Lay and me are something more than friends. I gave out a breath and stood beside Beora. 

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Why are you so concerned?"

"Because I don't want to bring a Ms. Grumpy to the party."

"Well, I'm sorry, maybe I won't go to the party then." After we had bowed to the audience we all clapped and walked back into the curtains. I'll just go home or the dance studio to cool off. I grabbed my duffle bag and walked down the hallway to the dance studio. Usually the dance studio, singing, and music room is open at all times. I saw Hyoyeon stepping out, closing the door behind her. 

"Oh? You're not going to the party Seohi?"

"No... I thought I should practice some dancing and choreography for our next presentation. The dancing one." I raised my eyebrows and pursed my lips together. 

"Are you sure? The party was for the performing arts students." She wrinkled her brows together slightly. 

"It's fine." I shook my head and gave a wry smile. 

"Ohkay... Well, we're going to be partying all night. So come in any time. It's Friday night." 

"Ohkay. Have fun and please be safe."

"You too." She nodded her head and walked away joining with the other kids. Along the kids, Lay and Beora was there. Of course I met eyes with Beora and walked into the dance studio without hesitation. I closed the door behind me... What's wrong with me? I should be joining them and going to the party. I sighed and slid myself down against the door. After a little bit I got up and dropped the duffle bag onto a spare chair and got out my iPod. Maybe I should try dancing to EXO's songs. I just recently downloaded them, their music was good, I could try using one of them for the dance presentation. I connected the iPod and turned up the volume enough that I couldn't hear anything else. I started with their first released album and moved on from there. I definitely liked Two Moons. Maybe I will use that for the presentation. I can be bad- while dancing to it. But before I put Two Moons on repeat, I thought I had to dance to the other songs first. 

After what seemed like a good round, I walked over to the speakers and tapped the iPod and put Two Moons on repeat. I looked into the mirror, my cheeks were really flushed, maybe even my whole face. Sweat was soaking my back, neck, and face. I took off my shirt and threw it to the side where my duffle bag was leaving me in my black sports bra. I was wearing my Adidas training pants with grey converse high tops. I threw my hair up in a tight ponytail and shook my arms, bouncing on my toes as if I were about to perform on stage again. I breathed in and out calmly as I waited for the song to start again. 

I was in the mood after listening to the song once beforehand and just as the music began, I got into position. I moved my body along to the beat, doing big moves to match with their slow rapping or during the chorus, then doing small quick moves whenever they rapped fast, and followed the small ticking with my hips or my arms glitching (freezing in small movements). I felt satisfied every time and kept dancing. Mentally creating a choreography the more I listened and danced to the song, sometimes when I came back around to certain parts of the song I had figured out a certain routine to do. I made mental notes of how I would do it and how I should lead up to it, how powerful and big or small I would do the moves, maybe some times I would miss doing some of the routines I had roughly thought of only because I was too into the song. 

The door bursted open while I was in the middle of my dancing and saw Lay walk in, his chest rising and falling so fast. He looked at me and stomped towards me. 

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?!" He grabbed my shoulders and shook me, his voice somehow louder than the music blaring out the speakers. I pushed his hands away and walked to the speakers pausing the music.

"I was here all along. Why do you care?" I turned around and stared at him. He stared right back while he panted desparately. 

"WHY?" 

"Why are you yelling? Look, I just wanted to get some dancing done. Didn't you notice when you came in or maybe heard the music?" 

"Well, everyone was wondering where you were!"

"Who is everyone? Because I thought Beora or Hyoyeon would have at least told the people who cared about my disappearance, which is probably just... oh, no one."

"Your parents. Hyoyeon was busy with her group, SNSD and Beora was hanging out with Seona and the others on the other side of the club and she kept moving around so it was hard to catch her." 

"Oh. So it's just my parents..." 

"What is going on with you?" 

"What? I'm just being me, doing me. What else?" 

"You're acting really snobby." Snobby. I hated being called that. I hated that word the most. 

"I'M SORRY. MAYBE I JUST WANTED TO HAVE SOME TIME TO MYSELF SINCE EVERYONE IS BETTER OFF HANGING OUT WITH MY SISTER THAN ME." I shouted and my vision began to blur from the brim of my eyes. Lay stopped and stared at me, astonished at my loud, cracked voice. I turned away harshly wiping a tear that had rolled down my cheek. I sniffed. I don't want to cry in front of him. A memory flashed through my mind...

I stared at the boy and hid behind my mom... I don't want to cry in front of him. He walked towards me and grabbed my hand. 

"I will come back to marry you. Promise me that! I will come back, so don't you forget about me." Yixing gave me a hug and I felt myself burst into uncontrollable tears. Yixing let go and walked to the car, he sat slumped. "DON'T YOU FORGET SEOHI!" Yixing yelled through the car window as it slowly began driving away. No... Don't go just yet... I felt my heart throbbing and I ran out into the middle of the road and screamed, 

"I WON'T YIXING!" And next thing I knew I was hit by the car. 

"Yixing..." I breathed. I stumbled and fell back. Lay ran up to me and awkwardly tried holding me up as I grabbed a hold of his toned arms. 

"Are you ohkay? Your face is red, you danced too much." 

"No..." I looked up at Lay and stared into his darker than chocolate eyes. "I remember." He widened his eyes.

"Remember? What do you remember?"

"The promise."

"You mean..."

"I just remember you leaving though. You promised me you would come back and marry me. That's all." He sighed a disappointed 'oh' and sat down loosening his awkward grip on me. "I... was in a car crash afterwards. The car... The car didn't stop." My hands began shaking and Lay pulled me in, my back. 

"It's ohkay. I'm sorry." He held me as I molded myself into his body comfortably. He paused before speaking again. "I'm sorry... I didn't know you felt inferior to your sister." 

"I... I know popularity isn't everything, but I just wish there was someone out there who understood me and for once tried to know how I felt."

"I'm here now... I'm here for you." 

"But I still don't know if I love you." I said bitterly. I felt him tighten and relax.

"That's ohkay... You can't love someone right on the spot... It's going to have to take some time." His voice was gentle and made me want to fall asleep. "So..." I opened my eyes.

"What?"

"Dancing to Two Moons huh?" 

"Shut up." I pouted and punched his stomach ever so lightly. He over-reacted and held his stomach with his free hand. 

"Ah! Ow! It hurts!"

"Stop faking it!" I sat up across from him as he broke out into laughter. 

"You're so cute when you're mad." He giggled while poking my puffed out cheeks. I crossed my arms over my chest and turned away. "Ohkay fine, fine. Go call your parents. They were worried, because you didn't go to the party and didn't go home." I sighed and searched through my duffle bag for my phone. I sat on the floor with the phone to my ear, talking to my mom, apologizing and informing her that I will be staying at the dance studio a little longer. I hung up and exhaled. 

"What now?"

"Let's dance. I want to see what you've got so far with our song." 

"Ah... But..."

"No buts. Show me. This song is my favourite out of the first album so you better not ruin it for me." He winked. I widened my eyes and tensed up.

"That just adds more pressure!"

"Haha, life is full of pressure... Plus, having a bit of pressure might turn you into a diamond..." I raised an eyebrow at the awkward phrase he tried to flirt with.

"You mean, even if I were to be under pressure, in the end, I will become a diamond in your eyes?"

"Uh... yes." He laughed nervously and bit his lips. I walked to the middle of the room and stared into one of the mirror walls. 

"Can you play the music for me?" He nodded his head and I breathed waiting for the song. 

We spent the night dancing and fooling around, we would seriously work on the song, but played around once in a while making fun of each others' bad- impressions. The night lasted forever yet... it went by so fast. If only this night could go on forever...


Uhh... Idunno about this chapter. I should start getting into the juicy stuff yeah? 

This story is getting kinda dragged so YEHHHH LEGGO LEGGO.