~

I Will Find You Again

"Hey..." I breathed opening the front door. Beora stood there with an expression unreadable to me.

"I talked to them." I widened my eyes and ushered for her to come inside. 

"How did it go?" I asked her the moment we went into my room. Beora sat on my bed and gave a small smile.

"They listened to me." 

"And?" I sat down beside her expecting her to stop stalling. 

"Well, they are willing to take me back home." I pulled her in for a tight embrace squealing. 

"REALLY? THEY REALLY DID?" I was so happy for Beora and she hugged me back. "So they're not as bothered about the idea anymore? What made them change their minds?"

"Well... I explained to them about it very carefully, I didn't want to sound like I was blaming Seona harshly, but I just eased into it slowly. After I left that night to your house, they had realized that all that Seona said to them... they should've just waited until I told them myself rather than just up and getting mad about it. They don't hate you though by the way. They just don't like Seona." Beora reassured me and continued. "I guess it would've been believable since Seona did have a recording of our conversation that day. You know how youngin's are like, dreamers."

"I'm so happy for you... Are they going to take you back home?"

"Yeah, I'm moving back in with them soon, it might be awkward, but I think we just need to spend some time together to re-bond again." I squeezed Beora's hand. I remembered that incident five years ago like it just happened yesterday. 


We were just playing in Beora's room, we had gone shopping that day and spread out all the clothes we had bought. 

"I am so excited to wear this floral dress on Monday. You bought so much boy clothes Seohi..."

"Because that's my style, don't be crumping it." I teased. "Your clothes are girly."

"Because I am a girl and I should dress feminine."

"Doesn't mean girls HAVE to dress feminine." I stuck out my tongue and we both started laughing. 

"Fine fine you have a point." Only a few minutes have passed and her dad barged in with a face so red, I knew it was time for me to go.

"Beora, come down stairs right this instant. Seohi, go home." I looked at Beora and wondered what was going on. Her dad left and I stuffed my things into the shopping bags.

"I wonder... what made him so mad..." I felt shivers run up and down my spine.

"I really don't know... Does it have to do with school? I've been trying, honestly, all these tutors teaching me and having to come home with 100% for the career path my parents set for me..." Beora was starting to worry and her voice was shaking from fear. Her parents were very strict with her schooling. If she had come home even with a 99%, she would be isolated from everybody and got a beating. 

"Yeah... I hope you'll be ohkay. If it's really bad, my house is just at the other end of the block open for you ohkay?" 

"Thanks." I left her room and crept down the stairs while Beora followed behind within five steps. I looked into the living room and saw Seona sitting at the coffee table with Beora's parents. I squinted my eyes to see what was on the table, but I couldn't make out what it was. I walked out the door with a strange feeling that something really bad was going to happen. 


Seona had come home in about half an hour after I came home. I was concerned as to why she was at the house. 

"Seona... Why were you at Beora's house?" Seona turned around on her toes and stared at me.

"Why do you want to know? It's none of your concern."

"It is! She's my best friend!" 

"Hmm... Fine, I'll tell you. I told her parents about her dream on becoming a dancer." I felt rage boil in me.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Now I know a lot of people would have thought this was just a small mishap out of all the other problems in life, but Beora's parents were CEO's of the biggest hotel company, Four Seasons. Beora was supposedly an heir to all that fortune, but Beora never wanted any of that, her passion and drive was dancing. She kept it a secret from her parents and was going to talk to her parents about it after graduating from junior high... But, all that waiting and planning on how to approach her parents and talk to her parents about choosing her own career path, it had all went down the drain because of Seona. As much as Beora loved dancing, she loved her parents the most. I was worried as to what could have happened to her. But I was pissed at Seona for saying something that wasn't for her to say. I slapped Seona across the face. 

"SEOHI! WHAT DID YOU JUST DO TO YOUR SISTER?!" Mother stomped towards us, her anger made my heart palpitate. 

"Seona deserved this slap." I was so pissed, mother grabbed my arm but I ripped it away from her grip. "BEORA WAITED FOR THE PERFECT TIME TO TELL HER PARENTS AND YOU JUST UP AND ING SAID IT LIKE IT WAS NO BIG DEAL. YOU'RE A ING DISGRACE!"

"SEOHI!" Father's voice shook the house. I glared murderously at father. "You dare give me that look?" I looked away at the ground. I ran up into my room and grabbed a few things and packed it, thank goodness I had plenty of money from the Bubble Tea Cafe Beora and I worked at. Just when I came down to the front door and both of my parents were about to scream at me with anger, the door bell rang. I ran to the door and opened it. Beora was standing before me, her eyes puffed up and she had her backpack, duffle bag, and large suitcase with her. 

"Beora..." I gasped. I turned around to look at my parents one last time. "If you guys are going to stay mad, I will be going somewhere else to sleep tonight... With Beora. Unless you guys are willing to let Beora stay for the time being and I'll explain why I slapped Seona." My parents looked at each other and sighed. 

"Fine. You guys can stay in the basement. I want to hear the explanation tomorrow morning Seohi." Father said sternly. I relaxed my body and grabbed Beora, dragging her into the basement. We dropped our things onto the spare bed. Beora was crying and harshly rubbing at her eyes. 

"Stop rubbing at your eyes... Beora... tell-"

"MY PARENTS DISOWNED ME!!" Beora bursted, tears uncontrollable, her eyes were beginning to redden, her nose was covered in snot, and streams of tears were falling one after the other. Instinctively though, I pulled her in for a hug. 

"What... happened?" Why did I ask that? I practically already knew what happened... But just for Beora, from her perspective, I want to know the story.

"S-Seona... she, she... told my p-parents that I-I-I wanted to b-b-become a dancer." Beora hiccupped every few words and I rubbed her back. 

"Take your time." She took a moment to stop hiccupping and took a few deep breaths. 

"You know how strict my parents are with school... Plus, they had my career life all set, to be the heir and take over the Four Seasons company. My parents worked so hard to become CEO's. I love them so much that I was willing to push away my passion for dancing. I mean, I thought maybe I could sit down with them and talk to them like I told you before, but I was going to tell them that if they weren't ever going to let my passion be a career, like, it's never going to be considered, I wouldn't mind just taking over the company like they want me to. But..." Beora melted away from my arms and laid down onto the bed. 

"Seona... didn't let you have that chance to say what you wanted..."

"No... After hearing that I dreamed to be a dancer from Seona, they didn't even let me explain myself even once and told me I needed to pack up and leave... They said they didn't ever want to see my face... they didn't want to see the face of a child they didn't raise it to be." I couldn't relate to her pain... and I felt useless as a friend. I couldn't say anything to comfort her, all I could utter were four words.

"I'm so sorry Beora." She kept silent. "W... What do you plan to do now?"

"Is it ohkay if I stay with you guys for the next two-three years? 'Til I graduate junior high? We work now so I thought I would save up the money and get myself a place by the time I get into high school. And I don't have anywhere else to go." I didn't want to reject her and I was pretty sure that if I explained everything to my parents tomorrow, they would understand. 

"Yes you can. I'll have to ask my parents first though... I know they'll let you stay. But it's getting late, you should wash up and go to bed. I'll bring some snacks and drinks down for you ohkay?" Beora nodded her head and hugged me.

"Thank you. You're the bestest friend anyone could ever have." 

It was morning now and I heard my parents shuffling around in the kitchen upstairs. It was time for me to go and talk to them. But of course, I needed to do my usual morning routine, even if it was just a Saturday. I washed up and went into kitchen, sat myself comfortably and waited for my parents to settle in. Of course Seona was still having her ''beauty sleep". So it was more relaxing to talk with my parents.

"So?" My mother raised an eyebrow waiting for my explanation. I took a deep breath before I could find the right words to begin.

"You know how Beora's parents are CEO's of Four Seasons?" They nodded. "You know how Beora is the heir to Four Seasons?" They nodded again. "And you know how Beora has to do REALLY REALLY well in school so she can take over the company? Well, she has another passion, another career path she wants to go down and that's dancing. Actually both of us." My parents were taken aback, but didn't say anything and let me continue. "Beora was waiting, planning to tell her parents when the right time came. Beora loves her parents so much that she was willing to give up the dream of becoming a dancer. But of course it all went down the drain when Seona told her parents unexpectedly." I breathed trying to calm myself from getting pissed again. "So Beora's parents disowned her... because they didn't want to have a dreamer for a daughter. They wanted an heir." I heard mom gasp a little bit. 

"Beora..." Mom was speechless and her eyes looked down searching the table. 

"That's why I slapped Seona." Father was silent the whole time, letting me speak. But he finally spoke.

"So what now?" 

"Can Beora stay with us for the next two-three years?" My parents looked at each other. As if conversing to each other through their eyes, they turned to me and nodded their head.

"Yes." I sighed and walked over to my parents hugging them both tightly. "Thank you. I'm sorry I yelled at you guys last night. Beora is the only best friend I've got." Mother patted my arm with her fragile hands. 

"Go wake up Beora, let's have breakfast and welcome the new family member." I kissed both my parents on the cheek and ran off downstairs.

From that day on to the day we graduated junior high, Beora stayed with us, of course Beora stayed in the basement when her parents visited us. Beora would cry each time, since all she could hear was her parents laughing and having a great time. Beora always wondered if her parents were looking for her or wondered if she would ever come home. But she finally realized that it was time for her to reach out to the dream she had. To become a dancer. Since our graduation was well before the exams, we had taken our exams at the end of the year to get into all sorts of high schools that specialized in talents, but also had normal classes. Luckily, SM High School picked us, both of us. My parents were ohkay with me being an Idol, I did say before I didn't want to be an Idol, but I only went to the school for Beora. 


Beora was really going to let it go. Beora went through so much for those two-three years. Now, she's living happier than she was when she first left that home. But... I was worried. I didn't want to see her cry like that day. 

"If... If you go through something unbearable, come to me. I will always open my door for you." Beora's nose reddened and her eyes became glossy. 

"I know you will because you are someone very special to me."


YAY GUYS. SO HERE'S WHY THEY HATED HER. I kinda had a writers' block because I couldn't figure out what would have been a decent enough reason for Beora to get disowned by her parents. As I was looking through google for ideas, it was useless... Like, so useless. But then I think I saw one point where it said parents disown children for not going through a career path they've created for the child. So I thought that was a really good idea. (: 

OH AND SORRY FOR THROWING THE F-BOMB TWICE. ANGER MANAGEMENT. 

Anways. I'll be working on the next chapter for you guys (: THE RISING ACTION IS ABOUT TO GET TWISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY SISTAH!