~

I Will Find You Again

Time was flying by so fast, everyday was full of sweat and practice. I managed to finish my Two Moons Choreography without much help from Lay. Which is intended since he's supposed to not help think up ideas, but just give advice and criticize us. Beora had chosen to do Growl by EXO. Of course we weren't supposed to show our full dances to other students, but Beora and I couldn't help it and showed our dances to each other in my basement. This really helped though, we gave each other some ideas and judged each other, what we needed to change or what we needed to take out, we just helped each other along the way. But now, the next performance was coming up and we weren't going to be doing a solo presentation in class, we just had to perform it in front of the whole crowd hoping that maybe we could make the whole audience shout and cheer. 

"Tonight's the night. Are you ready?" 

"No." I puffed out my cheeks while Beora pinched them. 

"C'mon, your dance is REALLY good. I mean, I've always wanted to be a dancer, but dayum, you just got the natural talent for it. On top of that, singing and rapping." 

"Hey stop it. It's not like you're not good either. You're going to rock the stage. Your parents are in the crowd I heard..." Beora giggled. 

"Yeah, they are. They thought that it was better off I do something I want to do. That's the only happiness I'll get. Plus, I can just get married to some dude and he can take over the company. But I better love that dude." Beora pursed her lips together but smiled. 

"I think that life is a long ways to go. Should focus on the now." 

"Psht. Oh hey! I heard your parents are coming to watch too aren't they?" 

"Yeah... They couldn't make it to any of the performances previously... not even last years' because they were busy with work." 

"Well, it's a solo performance, it'll be the best performance they'll ever see." Beora flashed a grin. 

"Yeah! For sure!" I looked around me.

"Who are you looking for?"

"Just wondering where the EXO Members are..."

"Oh! They're sitting in with the audience." Beora smirked. "You're looking for Lay aren't you?" 

"NO! No. No... No! No. No nononono. No! No way. No. Nope." 

"Dude... You could've said just one 'no'. You said too many." 

"Leave me alone. Go get your costume on." I walked away into my change room. I stripped myself leaving me in my undergarments and put on a white graphic crop top pairing it with a pair of black baggy but fitting pants, leaving one leg fully covered and the other just at the knee. I stared into the mirror in front of me wondering whether or not I should wear a jacket on top or not. I shook my head, not. I slipped on my zebra print high tops and went out to the makeup area. I wasn't going to go crazy with the makeup since I didn't want to sweat with heavy makeup. I put on a thin line on the lash line that pulled out into a wing for the eyeliner, curled my lashes and combed them with my favourite mascara, I applied a little bit of blush, but not too much that I had Clown cheeks, then applied a red tinted balm on my lips. I popped my lips a few times before I leaned back and was satisfied with the look. 

"Ready?" Beora stepped up beside me. 

"Yes." Beora went out of the makeup area with me following behind and we stood by the curtains once again. All the students in the singing and rapping group went first. The singing group was amazing, Seona was amazing, her voice was so angelic yet powerful. The rapping group definitely brought down the house though, each and every one of them gave off a very strong presence on stage. Everyone who sang and rapped did not hold back, which meant I should have no reason to hold back, none of us should be holding back. 

"Good luck Seohi and Beora. You guys are the most talented of the class. But don't tell the other students I told you that." Hyoyeon stood tall beside us and winked. We smiled in return and accepted her compliment. "Ohkay Beora. You're up next. I will see what you have done for the past month." Hyoyeon gave a strong pat and sent her off with a light, lethargic push. 

"When I ask when I will be going?"

"Last." Hyoyeon spoke bluntly without taking her eyes off of Beora's solo. 

"Last?"

"Yes. You and Beora are my star dancing students, I will start with the best and end with the best. This show is meant for you guys to prosper. Judges will clearly remember the first and last of each category most likely. So this is your chance and Beora's." 

"Oh." I breathed looking down, but lifted my head to watch Beora's performance. I gasped for a moment and Hyoyeon looked over at me. 

"What is it?"

"Nothing... Just thought that move was really cool." I gave a fake grin to Hyoyeon and she looked away back at Beora. ! Beora messed up, thank goodness she managed to play it off and throw a random move. To an untrained eye of dance, you wouldn't have thought she messed it up, you would've thought she had just meant it from the beginning, but if you've seen the dance so many times in the basement and you helped her with the dance, you can see she totally messed up. I can see it on her face, even she knows she messed up badly. Hopefully the judges can look past it, if they ever noticed it. 

"Good job Beora! You did very well, I am sure the judges will be pleased with your performance. Now we will see how Seohi will do after the other dancers." Beora looked at me, ignoring Hyoyeon's comment, worry and fear was present in her eyes. 

"Thank you Hyoyeon, we will go and be right back." Hyoyeon nodded as I bowed to her to excuse ourselves. We fast walked past the other dancers lined up and straight into on of the change rooms. 

"I messed up so bad!!!!" She breathed heavily. 

"Hey hey hey..." I held her tightly in my embrace. "No matter what, to the audiences' eyes, it most certainly didn't look like a mess up, only I knew how your routine went, so only I can decide whether or not you messed up. Even Hyoyeon didn't even notice and she's a dancer herself. You may have slipped, but you played it off really good, like really good, I'm not even joking." Beora laughed into my neck and sniffed. "I know you want this dream to be pursued, but you can't let this little thing get to you ohkay? Be a strong girl. You've went through a lot for this moment and your parents are here to see you succeed. Not fall." Beora pulled away from my embrace and patted away her tears, since she couldn't mess up her makeup now. 

"Thank you." I smiled. 

"No problem." 

"SEOHI! You're up in three!"

"! I'm next. Come watch and support me after you clean up ohkay?" Beora nodded and ushered me to go. 

"Are you going to blow the roof top?" I looked Hyoyeon directly in the eye and spoke determined.

"I'll knock the judges off their seats." Hyoyeon widened her eyes for a second but softened. 

"I know you'll do good." Hyoyeon gave me the same push as Beora and sent me walking into the big space of darkness. The moment for me to show everyone and my only friend, that I, alone, will be the one to spark fire in their hearts. 


"Oh my goodness Seohi! You did so well!" Mother ran up to me and gave me a big tight hug. 

"Oh! Mom! I can't breathe! YAH!" Mother let go and giggled. She ran a finger down my jaw line and just sighed happily as she stared at my face. 

"You're beautiful... You've got your fathers' high cheekbones and nose and my lips and eyes." Father coughed. Mother snapped out of her little world and looked over at father and giggled. "Ah! Sorry darling." 

"Honey..." Father stepped up to me and for the first time I've ever felt like the world was on me, he held me and whispered, "I am so proud of you, I wish I had come to your other performances." I felt myself choke with a burning sensation. 

"Oh. Seona!" Mother waved over at my sister and she skipped to us with a grin. 

"Mom! Dad! How was it?"

"It was fantastic! You are a beautiful singer as always! Maybe that's why you were always with grandma right? You guys were singing all day weren't you?" Seona giggled and shrugged. 

"Maybe." Dad smiled at her. 

"Good job Seona. You make me proud." Seona jumped and hugged dad. 

"Thanks! You guys should come to our other performances too!"

"Well... Sorry girly, we have work, might be hard to come by. We were lucky enough to swing by this one." Although dad had a hard time to speak his feelings, he knew how to be realistic with everyone. He was a logical thinker, like me. 

"Awehhh... well that's ohkay dad! You've probably watched the best performance of this year yet!" Seona grinned then turned away since her group of friends called out to her. 

"Where's your friend Seohi?" Mother looked over to me expecting me to say that they were the big group by the dance/change room. 

"Mmm... I think Beora will be with us soon, we are meeting her parents here right?" Mother nodded and smiled. 

"HEY SEOHI!" I looked over at the loud voice and saw Beora, I waved to her and just as she was a few steps away, her parents met up with my parents and gave a usual greeting of "long-time friends". 

"Beora!" Beora's mom hesitantly reached out for Beora, but I put away the wall and hugged her daughter. "You truly live up to the name of your dream. You are a dancer and from now on, we have no right to stop you." Beora's mother let go and stared into Beora with tears b her eyes. And to lighten the mood she added in a joke, "But you better marry me a good man to take over the company." We all laughed and Beora nodded, too choked from her mother's approval to speak. 

"Beora..." Beora looked over to her father and for a moment, the silence was unbroken yet showed the lost bond between her and her father. "You deserve our full support and I can see you becoming the dream you've always been dreaming about. I know we harshly locked you away, but..." He sighed and gulped before speaking again, "I don't ever want to disbelieve that you are strong enough to uphold yourself in this world and I thank Seohi's parents for taking care of you for the past five years." Beora tilted her head. 

"Wait... So..."

"We knew." Her mother confided. Beora looked at her parents surprised and shocked. 

"How? How did you guys know?" 

"Well, the night you came to Seohi's house, her parents informed us of your whereabouts. Every time we came, we wanted to take you back, but you kept hiding in the basement and we couldn't tell whether or not you wanted us to take you back or not..." Beora's father explained. "While we visited, Seohi's parents would show us pictures of you, it hurt enough we couldn't be there to see you grow, we could only see you grow through pictures. See you smile without us being there, know that some where, some time in that basement you were crying with heart ache and we couldn't be there for you. You've grown so much and I am burdened that I couldn't take you back earlier." Beora's dad coughed and his eyes reddened. 

"Hey, let's not cry, c'mon your daughter did a fantastic job of dancing, let's cry about this past story when there is nobody else around." Father patted Beora's dad on the back and chuckled. "Let's go get some dinner."

"YAY!" I squealed and linked my arms with Beora giggling, Beora was probably going to burst into tears and I wasn't going to let her do that until she was alone with me. "Oh! What about Seona?"

"She's going to go out with the members tonight. So it'll just be the four of us." Mother said. 

"Ohkay I see." We turned heading towards for the door before I heard his familiar voice call out to me. 

"SEOHI!" We all turned around and looked at the boy running up to us. "Seohi..." He breathed heavily. "I finally found you. I just wanted to say..." He swallowed before he spoke more, "I just wanted to tell you did amazing tonight, I was very amazed. I mean, it was much more better than when I first saw you dancing to it that night." 

"That night? Seohi, you were with Yixing that night?" Father stepped up and gave a judging look to Lay. 

"Dad... He didn't do anything, plus we were in the dance room dancing around. Stop embarrassing me and you know Lay."

"Boys will be boys." Dad stared Lay down then laughed. "HAHAH! The look on your face! Lay, it's alright, I'm joking with you." Dad wrapped his arms around Lay's shoulder and shook him. Lay bowed repeatedly and laughed nervously biting his lip.

"Lay... Would you like to join us for dinner tonight?" Mother asked softly. Lay bowed politely and shook his head. 

"I would love to but I am having dinner with the others. Maybe next time. Thank you for your offer." Mother nodded understanding the situation. "Ohkay, well, Seohi, you did an awesome job, Seohi's parents, thank you for the offer, I am sorry to reject, Beora's parents, I hope to introduce myself properly to you, but right now isn't a really good time. Thank you and please have a safe night and nice dinner." Lay bowed to us and waved to us watching us walk out the door. 

"That boy is very nice. How about you marry him Beora?" Beora's mother sighed happily. Beora looked over at me with eyes widened. 


HEY HEY HEY. So yay (: They all good, yeah, I was about to tear up at the dad's speech. ANYWAYS. Upvote, subscribe, or comment. All up to you (: 

You guys don't need to buahah. Uhhhh... yeah... So idunno bye. Gonna go out HAHAH. I'll be updating another chapter soon (: