~

I Will Find You Again

"Here are your reports and comments on your solo performance. Some got an exceptional report and I thank you for working hard, others who got... a pretty decent mark, let's see a better, more hardworking you in the next performance." Hyoyeon handed us each a piece of paper telling us how we did during the show. "I want to mention that there's also a vacation trip for all Performing Arts students coming up soon." Everyone gasped and looked at each other for a moment before a raid of cheers were screamed throughout the room. Probably disturbing other classes, but oh well. 

"Where are we going Hyoyeon?" A student asked. Hyoyeon took a moment and hesitated.

"Hmm... A nice getaway at an island would be nice..." Scattered whispers of 'yeahs' were thrown around. "You guys like that?"

"YEAH! Why not?" 

"Hmm... Or maybe we can just camp here." Everyone exchanged disgusted looks and stuck their tongues out in disgust. "Just kidding, we'll be going to Jeju Island." They all cheered and began planning out ideas of where to go and what to do. "HEY HEY HOLD ON." Surprised, they went dead silent. "I personally think that you guys can only go to Jeju Island when and only when, you have written your essay that grades to at least 80% and above." Everyone groaned. 

"Not everyone can write the essay that good Hyoyeon." The students began complaining, but Hyoyeon stood firm. 

"I will not hear your whining. It's either you guys get me that 80% or no trip." They held their breaths and exhaled. "Alright, so the topic of the essay will be on the other side of your reports, it'll tell you everything you need to write in your essay. Each and every one of you have different topics, if you guys want to trade topics come to me and talk to me about it. But I specifically chose each topic for you guys because I think it most applies to you guys and on top of that, is something you guys are personally familiar with. OK CLASS DISMISSED!" We all got up from where we sat and went home for the day. 

"What's your topic?" Beora asked.

"Hmm... Deep talks."

"What the heck does that mean?"

"Oh... Uhm, kinda like religion and stuff like that." 

"Oh I see."

"What did you get?"

"You know what I got. The experience of being away from family."

"Oh yeah... Well, it's for Hyoyeon and the upper big guys to know about you."

"That's true. The essay is literally just an inside look on who you are."

"What time does our shift start again?" Beora checked her phone. 

"Like, around 3-ish?" 

"Hmm.. Well, it's 2. Maybe we can just get there early and drink bubble tea and talk about our essay?" I suggested. 

"Yeah sure! That would be pretty relaxing for once." We smiled and walked towards the Bubble Tea Cafe.

"HELLO!" We both opened the door bowing and greeting our Manager with a smile. 

"Hello! You guys are here early. Why?"

"Oh... Well, we got dismissed early and we just thought we could just sit down, drink bubble tea, and talk about our homework just before we get into work." 

"Oh! Well, I'll go brew your regulars, you can go sit and I'll just bring it to you guys." Our manager smiled and he walked off into the back.

"Thanks oppa~" Beora said. 

"No problem!" He yelled over the counter. The Bubble Tea Cafe was a wonderful place to relax in. To be honest, it was probably the best place to get away from everyone and everywhere. If Beora and I needed to chill, but away from our house, this was the place to go. Plus, we worked here so we got free bubble tea's and crepes and egg puffs. Mmm... Egg puffs. Now I was hungry.

"Can I get egg puffs too Dae-Ho?" 

"Yeah totally! Just let me throw up a fresh batch for you. It's kinda empty anyways so I'll just take my time." 

"THANKS!" We both sat down and took off our jackets and got comfortable. We took out some paper and pencils. Pens are never a good utensil to use for browsing. Pens are for fixing rough drafts.

"I am never good with topic sentences and introduction."

"Me neither." I whined. We both sighed as two cups of our favourite flavour of bubble tea was set down on the table. "Mm! Yum! Thanks Dae-Ho." 

"Your egg puffs will be coming right up. Oh hey! What's this? Essay? Maybe I can help if you guys are in such a slump."

"Wow really oppa? Thank you!" Beora sipped onto her bubble tea and moaned at how delicious the bubble tea was.

"No problem. You know I am a major in literature and business... and everything else practically, I am a god." Dae-Ho grinned and took a seat beside us. "Oh wait." He stood back up and chuckled. "I have to get your egg puffs first." He walked back to the counter and came back with freshly made egg puffs. "Alright, let's get down to business."

"To defeat... the hans..." I sang. Dae-Ho gave me a look then to Beora and we all just bursted out laughing. 

"Geez, sometimes I wonder if you're really in high school. Can't believe you're only few years younger than me too." He shook his and then started scribbling down some words. And for the next 45 minutes, he helped us with our introduction and our three strong arguments and a little bit of the conclusion. "Alright kiddos. It's time to hit the counter. Get working. Around this time is rush hour, since you guys are like the reason why guys come into this cafe. You guys." Dae-Ho looked at his watched then stared at us giving a sarcastic glare. 

"Are you jealous girls don't come in for you?" I asked. 

"No. Pfft. I ain't about that life. If anything, I got a girl on my mind already." He crossed his arms and pouted. 

"OOOH! Who?! I want to know!" I jumped in my seat and scooted near him. 

"No one you will ever meet." He pinched my cheeks and walked to the back. "C'mon kiddies, I need customers and I ain't going to be handling them all by myself!"

"YES SIR!" Boera and I yelled giggling. We packed our things and put it into the back room and went out to the counter. Suddenly, the hand ticked 3PM. And just like every Friday, customers were coming in one after the other. 

After the night of hussling around, Beora, Dae-Ho and I all sat down. 

"It was a pretty busy day today. A really good day." Dae-Ho nodded at us. 

"Dae-Ho..." 

"Hm?"

"We're having a trip in Jeju Island soon, if you want, would you like to come also?" I tilted my head hoping that maybe he would like to come, since his parents lived there and it's been years since he went to visit them. 

"Uhh are you sure? Who are you going on the trip with?"

"Well, it's a Performing Arts classes trip, but we have free days and we're just enjoying ourselves, plus I thought it would be a good idea to visit your parents since you are working so hard in University. Maybe you should get a break y'know?" Dae-Ho scratched his head and hissed. 

"Ahhh... I don't know Seohi. I mean it's very nice of you, but I don't think I should just go with you guys to the trip, especially with students."

"No. It won't be like that, if anything, the students are also bringing their friends along, I think it's going to end up being a whole school party with some parents." 

"For real?" Both Beora and I nodded. "Alright... When is it?"

"Like... I don't know a few weeks from now? You can close the shop for the weekend right? Thursday night to Monday?"

"Yeah I can do that."

"The thing is..." Beora leaned in, "We have to get 80% or above on this essay to go." Dae-Ho widened his eyes. 

"Yeah... So if you help us maybe we can all go together and have a great time at the beach and eat delicious expensive food?" I included in. Dae-Ho sighed smiling. 

"Yeah yeah yeah I'll help you. Do you guys want to come here tomorrow in the morning before we open and maybe I'll help you guys start writing out the rough draft?"

"YEAH TOTALLY!" Beora and I high-fived and wiggled in our seats. 

"Haha, alright well, it's getting late so you two head on home and I'll see you guys in the morning." We grabbed our things and bowed saying good-bye to Dae-Ho. Jeju Island is definitely going to be fun.


"Morning..." I pushed open the door yawning and scratching my head. 

"Cover your mou-" Dae-Ho yawned before he could finish his sentence. 

"Hahah, you caught the contagious yaw-" Beora ended up yawning also behind me. 

"Dude, yawning is so contagious." I laughed. 

"Yeah, anyways, it's way before the opening time so how about we get started with your essays?" Beora and I both nodded and settled ourselves down at a nearby table. "Ohkay so, Seohi, your topic is your opinion and thought on the school board's approach on teaching students. You said you felt negative towards their approach and you practically got pretty much the basics already yesterday, so what you need to do is give examples and personal experiences. That's your only way of convincing the reader that what you are saying can persuade them to take your side and agree with your argument. Same with you Beora, but yours is on your personal experiences on being away from family."

"Yes and I said that it was beneficial."

"Yeah, so you've also got your basics, you need to focus on how being away from the family helped you. Your subject is a bit different only because there have been some outcomes of being away from family not benefitting youngsters like you. And what you're saying is that it is, so I'll be working with you on that, develop powerfully from your introduction. Yours is difficult to approach."

"Ohkay cool. Seohi, you're going to be ohkay?" Beora tapped my arm and tilted her head to the side.

"Yeah why? My topic is more easier, if I have anything, I'll just ask Dae-Ho or you." I flashed a smile and went straight into my rough draft. Time felt so short but without knowing it, it was time for us to open the store. So once again, we packed up and got on our poop-coloured apron with a white "Bubble Tea Cafe" sewed onto the chest area. I was working on the cashier today while Beora and Dae-Ho were making bubble tea.

"Ugh... I am really feeling for a Jasmine Green Tea right now."

"I can make it for you."

"Oh really? Thanks Dae-Ho." He smiled and went to make my favourite bubble tea. The bell rang and I greeted the first customer of the day.

"Hello! Welcome to Bubble Tea Cafe. What would you like to order?"

"1 Choco, 2 Taro, 1 Strawberry, 2 Almond Milk Tea, 3 Mango, 1 Cafe Mocha and 1 Red Bean." I blinked trying to tell myself this was real.

"Lay?" 

"Hey Seohi. I kinda didn't know you worked here." He teased. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"Buying bubble tea what else? Anyways, did you get all that down or do I need to repeat myself?"

"No no, I got it. The total comes to $48. Dae-Ho!"

"Yeah here's your Jasmine Green T- WOAH! That's a lot!"

"Thanks and yeah. Hahah. You're going to break your arms since you're so old." I giggled and of course before I could sip the yummy drink he bumped my cheek and took a sip. "Heyy! The first sip is always mine you buttwipe."

"Too bad." Dae-Ho ruffled my head and grabbed the piece of paper listed with all eleven bubble teas. 


LAY'S POV


"Lay?"

"Hey Seohi. I kinda didn't know you worked here." I shyly teased Seohi. I actually knew that she worked at a Bubble Tea place, but I didn't think it was this place. Guess going to all those bubble tea places was worth it. 

"What are you doing here?" That was a pretty obvious 'didn't-need-to-ask-that' question.

"Buying bubble tea what else? Anyways, did you get all that down or do I need to repeat myself?" Seohi shook her head and smiled. I loved her smile, it's gotten more softer and gentle since she was a child. She was becoming a lady. Hopefully my lady...

"No no, I got it. The total comes to $48. Dae-Ho!" Who was Dae-Ho? I saw a guy just about my age coming towards Seohi with a drink in his hands.

"Yeah here's your Jasmine Green T- WOAH! That's a lot!"

"Thanks and yeah. Hahah. You're going to break your arms since you're so old." Seohi giggled that melodic laugh of hers and was about to take a sip when the guy rushed in and took a sip. "Heyy! The first sip is always mine you buttwipe." Seohi pouted and wrinkled her brows together.

"Too bad." The guy ruffled her hair and took the order and went on his way. They seemed close, too close. They're sharing drinks, isn't that an indirect kiss? Even I haven't had that with her yet. What? This ticks me off. 

"Mm... Lay? Lay...?" Seohi waved a hand in front of me snapping me out of my thoughts and pointed to the side. "You can wait for your drinks over there." 

"Oh thanks." I'm jealous. I'm not even half as close to Seohi as that guy and I knew her first. She was my lady first. I wanted to crumple the receipt in my hands but I composed myself. No, I have no right to be jealous, I mean, Seohi and I will be together after she... remembers... if she ever does. I should be patient... but... I've waited for so long already. I sighed and took a seat on a nearby chair. 

"Sorry, you ordered a lot, so it might take a while."

"Huh?"

"You sighed? Is it taking took long?"

"Oh no! I was just thinking about some stuff."

"Oh I see." See? Seohi probably doesn't feel as close to me as I am to her so she can't even let me confide in her. I feel like crap now. I like Seohi so much, no, I love her so much and yet somehow... we're just distancing the more I try to get close to her. I sighed again and propped my elbows onto the table and rested my chin in my hands. I should stop thinking like this, but I don't know how much longer I can wait. Seohi doesn't have any sign that she is remembering. 

DING!

"Lay... Your order is ready. Would you like some help to bring it out?" I looked over to Seohi with two full trays of bubble tea with one cup on the side. 

"I think I am good." I walked over and took the two trays and extra cup. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Thank you for your service."

"Ah! Yeah no problem! Have a great day!" I bowed my head and struggled trying to not drop a single bubble tea. I'll wait and see if she will remember things when we get to Jeju Island... Since that was where we had our wedding day.


Hey guys, so sorry I am time-skipping a lot, but I just don't wanna be slow, yet too rushed at the same time y'know?? I feel like I'm just making you guys read filler BS. So I think there's gonna be some time skipping...? I just wanna get with the story and start focusing on parts of their reincarnated past. I mean of course there's gonna be bits of it here and there scattered but a full thing of the reincarnated past is not gonna be til later.

But yehh. (: OH UHM. WELCOME NEW READERS. LIKE. HI. (: Pretty great you guys came this far- please continue to support me and I'll be sure to keep pumping out these awesome chapters for you guys. 

GOT LOVE FOR YOU BRUH. /pounds chest twice and peaces out/