~

I Will Find You Again

"It seems that the impact were minor thankfully and since she's still young and growing she will be able to recover quickly. She's had a broken arm and her head was hit pretty badly, but it's a miracle because we've run scans and she's perfectly fine. We'll need her to come in often for check ups though." I heard the doctor speaking affirmatively as I whimpered and breathed heavily. There was a heavy, bothersome weight on my arm and my head hurt. 

"Seohi! You're awake!" Mom rushed to my side and held my hand tightly in hers. I managed to weakly smile at her, "I don't know what to do now... I failed as a mother letting my daughter experience such an accident..." 

"NaNa... It's ohkay. We can do better." Father tried reassuring mother but she seemed to ignore his comforting words and focused on me. 

"I feel horrible. My daughter just got into an accident and I thought today was going to be the day to annouce the news." Father looked down at mom's back curiously. I stared into mom's deep brown eyes, weakly, with a hoarse voice... I whispered, 

"Tell the news mom. It's ohkay." Mom in a cold, sharp breath and shook her head. But I squeezed her hand and nodded my head. She was hesitant but then sighed, looked at father then me. 

"Seohi's little sister will be coming back home after the four years she's been living with grandma... Just so that she can attend schooling here in the city." I smiled happily for mom. I wonder how Seona is doing, it's been so long since I've seen my younger sister. It seemed like forever until I got discharged and I couldn't wait to get out of that weird-smelling hospital. Even though the scans and everything seemed to be perfectly fine, I felt like I was missing something. I shrugged off my gut feeling and held onto mom's and dad's hands. 

When we came home, there were tons of pictures of our family and another family. That's weird... Why do I see two happy couples and in between is me and this unfamiliar figure?

"Who is this?" I pointed at the little boy. Mom looked at me with shock and slowly wrapped her slender fingers around dad's arm. She tried hard not to show any other emotions... but I could feel like there really was something missing. 

"You were best friends with that boy. Don't you remember? You guys even promised to marry..." I stuck my tongue out in disgust.

"Marry? Ew." I shook my head and walked towards my room. There was one wall filled with photos. I looked at the photos with curiosity and saw the same boy again. It was like a timeline, each polaroid hung on a thread that stretched from one end to the other. The first photo of me was a baby sitting on the boy's lap. Then it continued on to just recently, the date written... It was just yesterday night. Even below each polaroid, there were captions. It felt like the captions were the only keys to my missing memory. But at the very top it was titled, 

"Rebuilding Our Reincarnated Love"

My head began to spin and hurt so I turned away and jumped onto my bed... I'll keep that wall for the empty feeling in me. I'm going to have to continue my life without his presence but just his existence. 

Seona came home, I never knew the reason why Seona was sent away while I stayed back. It was not until I got older that I realized it was because of Seona herself, she wanted to live with grandma and mom needed the help since mom was having trouble with taking care of Seona. But it was great to have her back, of course Seona visited during the previous four years but she always missed grandma and went back after a full day at home. I always wondered what always kept her from staying with us, what was back at grandma's that Seona loved so much?

Like always, I had to get to know her since we barely had any sister bonding time during the younger years, this time more deeply because she was now going to live with us, permanently. Since we were kids we played around and never thought much into the big gap in our relationship as siblings. 

The school life vs. home life. 

School and home was always different, there was fun every day. But that was because I was young.

Seona and I attended school together like always and as cliche as it sounds, she was the popular kid and I was the sorta popular kid. She would always have a groupie surrounding her thoughout all the school days, while I just had one or two close friends and then the other kids knew me through my little sister. Of course, during that time we didn't really think much of popularity, we only thought of it as, "Oh! So many people like her." It wasn't a big bother until I graduated from grade six continuing on into junior high school. 

Junior high began to take a major change. Everyone was different and more emotional, classes were a struggle due to short amounts of time in class to finish projects. There was homework every night and I couldn't sleep til 3 AM. Everyone was hitting puberty at this age. Boys were stupid and erted, every action was a hassle to the class when learning time was intact. Girls were becoming more curvier and began wearing make up to the utmost extreme, some knew how to use make up though, went for the natural look, while others went for the "clown" look. For some reason the "clowns" were more popular with boys than those who chose to be more natural and themselves. Including me. 

My sister wore the almost "clown" look. Red lips, eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow, did her hair in a very feminine way, whether it was straight or curly. Of course it wasn't actually clown, because I can tell you, she was beautiful. Even I wonder if I'm really her sister, since all I do is wear mascara, tinted lip balm, maybe blush and put my hair up into a messy bun and wear my glasses. 

Mom and dad weren't very focused on school which was relaxing for both of us, but because of who I was, I was hard on myself on grades and work until high school arrived. The high school life was boring and I managed to get accepted into a school that was only for upcoming KPOP Idols. Funny though how I didn't want to be an Idol but I guess they accepted me because of my grades and my "exceptional dancing talent" and "minor singing skills". 

During high school was the high time for getting into KPOP and the girls especially would squeal over their "biases". Don't get me wrong, I was in the group of listening to KPOP, having biases but I wasn't much of a squealer or overly concerned with dedicating every fibre of my being to be about KPOP. The only thing that was dedicated was listening to the music since the music was best for dancing. I was going to become a KPOP Idol sooner or later, why freak out over biases now? 

Throughout all the years of school, I was straddling the fence between being popular and lonely. I knew so many people, but I never belonged to any of the groups and my closest friends that I hung out with changed every semester. Except for one, my one and only true friend Beora. She danced too, that's why we stuck by each other's side for so long. 

I sighed for the ninth time on the first day of second semester. 

"Why are you sighing so much today?" My one and only best friend asked. 

"I don't know. School is boring." 

"Well, of course! All you do is stick your head in a textbook and study nonstop til 3 in the morning. Gotta live a bit. Your parents are even care free with you going out but you don't even take that chance." I glanced over to look at my friend. 

"I got into a car accident and my mom was scared ohkay? I don't want to go out late at night or put myself at risk and worry my parents." Beora sighed. 

"I know, but you're 16 now..." We were silent for a while before she gasped, "Oh yeah! You've been getting messages from somebody. How's that going?" 

"Oh... that is just some random anonymous person sending little inappropriate remarks. But once in a while they are decent, whatever." This time, I sighed, again. 

"Let's change the subject, how's your sister? Is she going to get into that prestigious singing high school?" I dropped my head onto my hands and pouted. 

"She's transferring here. They noticed her "exceptional singing talent"." I quoted with my fingers. Beora rolled her eyes and slumped down in the chair next to me. 

"Ah! Beooooraaaaaaaaaaaa..." I stretched her name with a cute voice. 

"What cutie pig?"

"YAH!"

"What?"

"Nevermind... Apparently some older graduates are coming to watch us perform... Might even help out for tips sake. So the teachers are gonna be pushing practices harder and more regularly." Beora just dropped her head onto the desk and groaned. 

"Seohi!" I turned around to the familiar voice and my sister was standing at the door waving at me. As much as she's a blood related sister, her presence can be really bothersome sometimes. 

The pretty, innocent, talented, confident child of the family, Seona. 


OHKAY HOPEFULLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THIS WAS A LITTLE LONGER AND WORTH IT??? IDANNNNNNNNNNNNNA. Oh yeah, if you guys would like me to change a little bit here and there just comment it down below. ANYHOWOWWOWOW. IMMA DIP NOW IT'S... OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. It's 1:37. Wow I took an hour to type this out. DO I NOT TYPE FAST ENOUGH FOR YOU? Just kidding... Something is definitely wrong with me. Gotta hit the bed soon man. 

Shut up Sarah and go to sleep. Sleep. Aiight. NIGHT GUYS. I'll just... like, idunno, post another chapter sooner or later... maybe write one up tomorrow and update on the Tuesday, because I'm off for the day to the ZOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAAAASS B. Wow I ended blubbering again. SLEEP BRUH.