~

I Will Find You Again

Seohi and a bunch of other students set up a net and began playing volleyball. Of course Lay was still by himself, just remembering.

Throughout the day the students just played volleyball on the beach, played chase with the waves and some just sat relaxing. The night was emerging, there were strips of gradient and blurred shades of orange and red that settled into a dark line of midnight black separating the waters below and the heavens' above. And very slowly, the sun descended behind into the curtain of a mirror-like sea from hanging in the sky all day. Of course they all want to do a bonfire before they went back to their rooms, so they gathered some wood and struggled to create big arms of flames. But somehow, they managed with patience and perserverance.

The students closest to the fire would dance around or skip within the perimeter of the fires' warmth, while the others sat in the cold dark rim of the circle, enjoying the little silly actions before them. 

The fire crackled and sparks flew into the air, disappearing into nothing as they reached for the stars above, as if the sparks themselves wanted to twinkle in the night sky. The flames danced along with the students while illuminating hot air from it's fingertips. But as the nightly hours got shorter, everyone began packing their things and threw sand into the pit of the flame. It grew smaller and swerving to the sides as water was thrown repeatedly until the flame died out. Everyone went back up to their rooms, taking late night showers and exhaustingly diving into their comfy beds, wrinkling what was straightened to perfection. 

Seohi on the other hand... she wasn't having a good nights' sleep. Beora had already fallen asleep and was buzzing a tiny snore while Seohi was twising in her bed sheets. Memories... and his voice echoed, 'I just want to reminiscence the time we had here together'. Flashes of Seohi smiling while holding Lay's hands flashed like captured moving moments, Seohi wore a beautiful white lace patterned dress while Lay wore a dark grey tuxedo. For some reason, even though there was happiness overflowing within these flashing moments, there was darkness... And soon, Seohi's dress was splashed with blood and her smile vanished, fear coloured her face pale, and clammed up as if she were being choked. Lay was covered with pieces of shattered glass, blood dripping from his temple, and his lips trembled with a raspy and barely audible voice, 'I'm sorry, I love you'. 

Seohi sat up gasping, tears wetting her lashes and streaming down her cheeks, she breathed frantically, her hands were shaking and a pang of pain shot through her chest. Sweat drenched her back and hair, as if she had just done a whole days' worth of dancing. She fell back down onto the bed and curled to a ball on her side, mumbling words to herself while staring out of the window with a full moon shining into her room. 

"It was just a nightmare. Just a nightmare. Just a nightmare." 

"Seohi?" Seohi jumped and bit her cheek before turning around to the sleepy voice behind her. "Are you alright? You're breathing really hard."

"I just had a bad dream..." 

"Well, come sleep with me." Beora scooted herself over and pulled the blanket opening up a space for Seohi to crawl into. Seohi inhaled and jumped onto Beora's bed, cuddling up with her and whispered a small 'thank you' before comfortably settling into a deep sleep. 


"Do you need to sleep with me again tonight?" Beora laid down a folded top into her luggage waiting patiently for Seohi to answer. 

"I don't know. But thank you."

"No problem, what did you even dream about last night? Seemed pretty big."

"Something personal."

"I see... What are you going to do today?"

"I don't know. Dae-Ho invited you out personally, so I think I can maybe go with Lay, unless he is going with s then I'll just have to walk around the streets by myself." Seohi shrugged her shoulders and tied her hair into a messy bun. 

"Why don't you go ask Lay right now? He's right next door."

"Hm... guess I'll do that." She got up from the chair and knocked on the door, fidgeting nervously if they would open the door. Fortunately, Lay had opened the door and greeted Seohi with a morning smile. 

"Hey Seohi, what's up?"

"I was wondering if you're hanging out with your members today, if not, maybe we can look around the Jeju streets together?"

"Yeah totally, sure. I was actually going to ask you the same thing since Dae-Ho told me that..." Lay leaned into Seohi's ears and whispered, "... he wanted to have a nice one-on-one date today with Beora." Both of them giggled and agreed to meet later. 


"So what do you want to do?" Seohi and Lay walked down the street with hands in their pockets throwing small talk back and forth.

"I don't know, what do you want to do?" Lay shrugged while biting his nails. 

"Well, we're not hitting the beach again, we already did that and will be doing that with the others later."

"Should we grab something to eat first then?"

"Where?" Seohi tilted her head and waited for Lay's suggestion. 

"Well, I guess we could eat Dae-Ho's restuarant again, plus we can try their other foods, they have more than one dish of course." Seohi smiled and nodded her head and they both walked side by side. 

"Hello! Table for two?"

"Yes please." 

"This way please." Lay looked back to Seohi and let her go first. 

"I had jjajangmyeon last time... I don't know what to get this time." Lay hummed.

"You can maybe get sundubu jjigae (soft tofu stew)."

"Oh yeah that sounds delicious!"

"Alright we'll get two orders of that then, do you want anything else?"

"Hmm... No I don't think so."

"Alright, we'll have two orders of sundubu jjigae and water for drinks."

"Alright your order will be ready soon."

"Thank you." Seohi squeaked before the waitress walked away. Both Lay and Seohi sat in boredom again. "We should really decide what to do today..."

"Yeah... Do you want to shop around the district then? I mean, maybe along the way we'll find something to do, but I guess for a start we can window shop or look inside some stores you like." 

"Oh yeah... ohkay. Do you want to go somewhere?" 

"No. I'm good." After what seemed like a very long, awkward silence, their food was brought to them and they ate with hunger. Who knew they were so hungry? After sipping the last bit of the stew and eating the final grain of rice, Lay insisted on paying and they walked out into the morning breeze of Jeju Island. The streets weren't so crowded like Seoul, old and young citizens walked along the streets, some taking strolls, some getting their shopping done. The sun was covered by small, thick wisps of grey clouds, so it was chilly yet whenever the sunlight peeked through the clouds, it gave their skin a light sunkiss touch of warmth. 

A man who was in a rush bumped Seohi and turned around to utter a quick 'sorry' but ran off urgently. Lay wrapped his arm Seohi's shoulders.

"Are you alright? Did he bump you hard?"

"It's ohkay, it was light." Lay let go and sighed. Seohi suddenly gasped and looked over to the store that caught her peripheral vision. "Hey can we go to that store?" Lay looked at the store Seohi pointed at excitedly, but before he answered he just jogged after Seohi who was running towards the store. It was a PLAY Comme des Garcons store. Seohi traced her finger tips along the racks of shirts, sweaters, and pants. "This is so cool..."

"You've never been into stores like these?"

"I never got the chance. I mean, I was so focused on work and school and dancing that I never really took time for myself. If I ever did it was spent on the computer."

"Hmm... What have you always wanted from the store?"

"Huh? I don't know, but somthing simple and small would be really nice." Seohi stared at the clothes faintly smiling, happily content just by standing in the store. 

"Are you going to buy anything?"

"No. Just looking is enough for me." Seohi looked over and smiled at Lay. Lay smiled back and they both went back browsing the clothes, suddenly but so quietly, Lay walked away and searched around the store for other things. Lay went to the rack where the cardigans hung, what size was she? What colour would she like? Lay grabbed the small red one since nothing could go wrong with red and she looked like a small. Seohi was still in her own world staring at the clothing on the mens' side, so Lay ran up to the cashier and pulled out his wallet to buy the cardigan. The lady smiled at Lay and just as she slipped the cardigan into the bag Seohi ran up to Lay. "You bought something for yourself?"

"Uh... Yeah... Yeah..." 

"Oh! Cool. What did you get?"

"Hmm..." Lay winked, "I'll tell you once we step out the doors." Seohi pouted but nodded and they both walked out the door. 

"So?"

"It's for you." Lay handed the plastic bag over to Seohi and stuffed his hands into his pockets. 

"Wait... WAIT WHAT?!"

"Mhm." Seohi looked shocked, utterly speechless. 

"I-I-I can't accept this! How much was this??" Lay realized the tag and the receipt are most likely still in the bag so he grabbed the bag back and shuffled through the bag for the tag and receipt. He broke off the plastic tag and took the receipt and threw them into a nearby garbage bin.

"Here." Lay passed it back to Seohi.

"But..."

"Just take it. It's a present." 

"Uhm... ohkay... thank you Lay." Seohi shyly took the bag from Lay's fingers and clenched onto the thread handle. And just like any other student on their trip in Jeju, they went in and out of stores, walked up and down the streets enjoying each other's silent and occasionally eventful company. Hours passed by like minutes, maybe seconds but Lay and Seohi had a great time together... A very nostalgic feeling for the both of them. It was no strange feeling to Lay, he knew they were just relapsing what they did in the past, of course Seohi had no idea and just thought it was a feeling of the connection between hanging out with Beora and Lay. 

I'm not a friend
I want to be a man to you
I'm not just some person
I'm the only person
to protect you

I'm not a friend
Already from the moment
I first saw you
I'm not just saying this
Lady, it's only you

"Oh look he's singing your song." Seohi instinctively grabbed Lay's wrist and pulled him along with her towards the young man playing with his guitar. "It's My Lady right?" Lay nodded. "Whah~! It's one of my favourites." Seohi clapped her hands together and delightfully took pleasure in watching the man singing 'My Lady'. Lay stared at Seohi from behind and whispered to himself. 

"Seohi, it's only you... But please remember soon before I take action."


HEYA (: SOoooo how was it?! SO. WHAT IS LAY REALLY THINKING? WHAT ACTION IS HE GONNA TAKE? /LE GASP/ O: (Oh it's a short chapter today- rest you from the last chapter which was fat and long.)