~

I Will Find You Again

Seohi's dreams were getting more vivid and scary for Seohi to sleep comfortably alone. She would wake up from dreams of her and Lay spending time together almost exactly like they did during the day but with a twist. Like the shopping day, in her dreams she dreamt of them walking normally up and down the streets and holding hands, eating ice cream. Just like any normal couple on their honeymoon. Something cute would happen between them but it felt like something was there- like a force that wanted them to be separated. But the worst nightmare of all was the last night she slept at Jeju Island. 


Seohi came into the hotel room, just coming back from grabbing new towels from the lobby. Lay welcomed Seohi with a warm hug, but there was a knock at the door. Puzzled, Seohi loosened her grip from Lay's ribcage and opened the door. Standing before her was a stranger, a somewhat familiar stranger. Her hair was of a dyed lavender silver, her skin pale, lashes long, her lips small and cute, but her eyes, her eyes were as dark as the outskirts of a galaxy. Only twinkling with the sunlight's rays. She smiled kindly and her gaze moved from Seohi's to Lay's and frowned slightly as if questioning why a man is in her room. She glared back at Seohi and anger boiled from her neck to her head, her hands clenching into a tight fist. Seohi stepped back. 

"How dare you? I... I! I should still be with him!" Very slowly the girl stepped towards Seohi and every step taken forward, Seohi took a step back. "If you weren't there I would still be with him! No matter how much I tried he wouldn't love me as much as he loved you! He pushed me away. WHY YOU?! What's so special about you?!" Seohi's legs and back suddenly hit a wall... but it was cold. Seohi felt around behind her, she had bumped into the door slide to the balcony. "You deserve to die in my place...!" The girl grabbed the collar of Seohi's shirt, unlocked the door and slid it open and just before the girl pushed Seohi any further, she saw Lay sitting on the edge of the bed with an old man in front of him, pointing a gun at his chest. Lay looked over with glossy red eyes, his mouth wording an inaudible sentence to Seohi. She widened her eyes. 

It was all slow motion at that time and suddenly, a thin but strong metal slammed into the bottom of her spine and sent her leaning backwards and over the railing. She was falling.


 Seohi couldn't sleep afterwards that night. She was scared to sleep. She spent nights afterwards just reading books or studying, if she was going to sleep, she was going to sleep where there were other people, like school or during family night gatherings. You could say she was being nocturnal. She avoided all contact with Lay- she felt that if she were to spend anymore time with him, she would have more nightmares. She was getting more and more tired and second year ended off horrible. She fell asleep in tons of classes, she didn't show a hundred percent potential in Performing Arts class, and was barely eating food since she was so exhausted. 

"Seohi? Are you seriously alright? What has gotten into you? You're so dead..." Beora was concerned about her best friend's health. She was dissolving into skin and bones.

"I'll be fine. I just need peace to myself." 

On the other hand, Lay was hurt, more than just the word 'hurt', more like misery and woe. They spent so much time together at Jeju Island, why is that they get back to school and Seohi just completely avoids and ignores him? He couldn't understand. Rapidly, as each day passed, Lay and Seohi drifted, but Lay and Seona became closer. Summer was just around the corner and Seohi decided there was something better for her out there. A different career path, it was definitely not too late for her to switch schools for senior year so she transferred herself to a dancing school called DEF DANCE SCHOOL. Of course auditions were held there also, but Seohi was only going to this school for dancing purposes and dance only. 

"Are you sure? I thought we were going to become Idols together!" Beora was disappointed. 

"I am sure. I know we promised but I felt like the Idol life isn't for me anymore. I moved on about it. Plus I wasn't the one who wanted to become an idol in the beginning. I just did it for you and found passion for dancing way more than I first thought it out to be. So I'd rather spend my life teaching dance classes and going around the world than staying in Seoul training on certain songs for hours and hours repeatedly." Beora sighed and slumped against the wall. 

"Well, if that's how you feel... But will I be seeing you?"

"Of course! I'll be visiting home every once in a while, but I don't know if I'm going to be famous enough to be travelling around the world teaching classes, but it's definitely a goal I will be working towards." For the first time in a long while, Beora saw sparks and fire in Seohi. Beora is relieved to see Seohi getting better, Jeju Island definitely drained Seohi completely and she never knew why since Seohi never wanted to talk about it.

"SEOHI! YOU HAVE A GUEST!" Seohi looked at Beora and furrowed her brows together. "IT'S YIXING!"

"Oh... Maybe you should go?" Seohi suggested.

"Yeah, I think I should. I'll talk to you some other day... Hopefully before you move out to Gangnam."

"Definitely!" Seohi walked Beora out to the front door, greeting Lay also. "Bye Beora!"

"Bye Seohi!" She closed the door and exhaled and raised her eyebrows. 

"So what's up?" Lay bit onto his nails and rubbed the back of his neck before speaking.

"I need to talk to you about something, privately." 

"Ohkay... Do you want to come into my room and talk there then?" 

"Yeah that'll be perfect." Although awkward and tense, Seohi was no where near mentally or physically prepared to be in the same room as Lay. They entered into Seohi's room and sat on the thick, fluffy grey rug. Seohi leaned against the side of her bed, pulling her knees to her chest. 

"Uhm..."

"I... Seohi... You've been avoiding me ever since we got back from Jeju Island... we had a great time, what happened?" Seohi exhaled throwing her head back against the mattress. 

"I just had nightmares..."

"Does it have anything to do with me? Or are you acting weird with everyone else too? You looked completely normal with Beora it seems to me."

"No! Look I'm fine! I'm just... I'm moving ohkay?" Lay's eyes widened in shock.

"Moving?!"

"Yeah..."

"Why?!"

"I just wanted to go down a different path..." It was at this moment Lay realized he had to say it out and be done with it. He had to move on, as much as he loved her, as much as it pained him, he realized that maybe what she said during their first encounter had become a known and unavoidable fact. 

"Seohi... I love you." Seohi turned her attention to Lay who suddenly and very boldly let the word 'love' slip from his lips and roll off his tongue into Seohi's ears. 

"Wha-...." Seohi was shocked, astonished! 

"I'm just going to get this off my chest..." He took a deep breath before he continued his long, well-thought out farewell, "Seohi, despite all these years of your amnesia you never got a single memory of us back except for the part where we said farewell and you got into a car crash. But, I invested my whole life literally to meet you again, hoping we can be reunited and the news I get when we meet is that you had amnesia? I've been chasing you for years- even in our past life too, but in all these years piled over years of chasing you... Maybe it was all an illusion to me. I mean, we had a past together and I probably felt the obligation or duty to get back with you. So I pushed away all other associations just so my heart can stay with you. I think... I was reborn into this world to have a second chance at a better love life and with you around; it'll be a reminder that you were a great life lesson. But not someone to spend a life with." Lay stood up, bowing and without taking a second glance, he turned around and walked out the door. 

"But..." Seohi breathed but stopped herself, but what Seohi? It's true, she'll probably never fall in love with him and he's willing to let go. Soehi didn't want to move, she couldn't. All she could do was sit there processing Lay's words, they echoed in her mind like background music of a soundtrack stuck on repeat. He was willing to forget their past and start fresh, stop trying to get closer to her and just keep their relationship at a bare minumum. It's easier for her though... She can move to Gangnam easily with no worries, she can go on to be a great choreographer, in no time she'll forget about him. In no time... she thought.

Over the summer break, Seohi filled out her transfer papers, moved her things into the new apartment, very small, since she most likely would be moving out of the place after she graduated from DEF Dance School and she would be spending most of her time at the school doing choreography. Of course not a lot of people came to say goodbye and help Seohi move, she didn't have many friends anyways. Plus, it wasn't like she was moving to a different world, just to a district closer to her school. 

"Look guys, I'm not going far. Stop being emotional..." Seohi rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. 

"But you're living further." Beora made a sad face making Seohi chuckle. 

"It's ohkay, I'll be visiting often and you can visit me and dance in the school with me." Seohi winked, the suggestion of letting Beora dance in the dance school made her grin. Seohi and Beora hugged tightly and let go. 

"Be safe ohkay? Always visit when you can." Seohi's mom and dad hugged Seohi and watched her step into the car, drive away down the road and disappear behind the corner. 


AUTHOR'S POV


"It's time to let her go." Luhan glanced over to Lay and raised a sophosticated eyebrow. "I mean, what should I do? She has literally lived her whole life without me and she totally forgot about me. She can continue her life without me anyways... I've... I've always been the one chasing her, it was never mutual." Luhan sighed and shifted himself to face Lay.

"Are you sure you want to do that?"

"No. But it's for the better right? She went off and pursued what she wanted to do, I don't think she sees me being a part of her future anyways." Luhan sat back and sighed, shrugged his shoulders, and gestured a 'whatever the heck you do, you decide for yourself'. "It's summer... I'll take this opportunity to move on."

"HEY LAY!!!" Seona opened the door wide open with a grin, full of energy. Lay looked over to Seona and smiled... He can move on.


Hey guys, really sorry I can't update as frequently anymore. School is here and I have math and MATH IS NOT MY BEST SUBJECT. So I am struggling to balance this. I will try to update but I doubt it's gonna be a regular schedule and it might not be as long or idunno something. But heyaaaaa. I KNOOWWW IT'S BEEN LIKE, FRICKEN TWO WEEKS. BUT HOLD ON. I HAVE A LIFE TOOO. Like... teaching little kids choreography T____T... Grade 11 is so busy with dance.