16; Buddies, Amigos, Chingus....Whatever they're called.

My Sister Hates You.

 My treasure. My jewel. My happiness. My soul. You are my friend.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

YeongHee's POV:

"B-But you don't, right?", I silently cursed myself for stuttering.

"We're just friends, remember?", Key looked down, with an expression I just couldn't read.

The word "friends" lingered in my head for a while. I really started to hate that word. I knew what I felt Key wasn't something a friend felt for another friend. A friend was Jiyong. A friend was Taemin. A friend was most definitely not Key. Key was my first love and nothing going to change that. I may have been to young to know what love was... but it couldn't have been anything else. I would be lying to myself if I said I still didn't have feelings for him. Only one question remained unanswered: what place did Key hold in my life....and more importantly, my heart.

I hadn't realized that there was an uncomfortable silence as I thought about Key until Jonghyun interrupted us.

"Can I please have a dance with the birthday girl?", Jonghyun gave his sweet smile.

"She's all yours", Key let go of me and gave one last glance as he walked away.

"Finally! I haven't properly talked to you the whole night", Jonghyun exclaimed as he rested his arm on my waist. I put an arm on his shoulder and smiled.

"Whose fault is that?", I joked.

"Sorry, YeongHee. I got caught up with Jessica. She's being more affectionate than usual and it's blowing up my brain."

I chuckled along with Jonghyun.

"How'd you spend your day?", he said after the laughter subsided

"First of all, I was miserable because I thought all of you forgot my birthday!" my eyes turned dangerously thin,

"So you stayed home and moped?", Jonghyun teased.

"No! I went out with Kikwang!", I threw back and I could've sworn I saw his expression falter.

"Like, like on a date?", he carefully asked.

"No. Just as friends", I clearly confirmed.

"I don't want you to get hurt YeongHee." This confession caught my attention. My eyes met his and he continued.

"I know you were just kids when it happened but I don't want you to fall for him and then get hurt again. YeongHee, you're my friend and I don't want to see you in pain. My sister told me how heartbroken you were. If it were up to me, I wouldn't let you within spitting distance of the guy. However, I also know that you're a smart girl and you know what's best for yourself."

My jaw dropped at the end of his long speech. Was he always this charming when he talked like that?

I abruptly hugged him and squeezed him as hard as I could.

"What was that for?!", he said and held his ribcage in pain.

"For being a great friend! And caring so much!", I giggled as I held his shoulders to straighten him up.

 "Then you'll love your REAL present", he said as he raised his eyebrows.

"A REAL PRESENT?! Where? Show me! Show me! Show me!", I jumped up and down like a little kid.

 "I'll give it to you later", he smiled at my childish antics.

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

Jessica's POV

He got her a present?! I overheard Jonghyun and Yeonghee talking. I was looking over at them with a grim look on my face. I didn't like how close they were. I didn't like how they were smiling at each other. I didn't like like it all.

 Maybe he didn't get to give me my present yet. Yeah, that was it. I tried to console myself.

"Cake!!!", my future sister-in-law called out.

In the distance I saw a small, round cake and a big, rectangular cake on a white clothed table.

Jonghyun and YeongHee walked there together, leaving me behind. I walked there, angrily, as my heels clacked against the floor.

 I glanced at the large cake, hoping it was for me. Then I see 'Happy Birthday YeongHee' in red icing and beautiful script. I could feel my temperature rising. This day was supposed to be about ME! Now, it went down the drain because of this girl.

"Noona, I hope you like ice cream cake. I picked it out!", I heard the red haired brat chirp.

"How'd you know I like ice cream cake?", YeongHee said, reflecting his grin.

"I didn't. I bought it cause I like it", he nervously scratched the back of his neck. YeongHee giggled and patted his head.

I put on a fake smile and blew out the candles of our puny cake. As cake was given out to others, I pulled Jonghyun out, into the chilly night.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

Jonghyun's POV:

Jessica pulled me out into the cold and I looked at her , flustered. Her long nails were digging into my wrist and IT HURT.

"What is it, Jessica?", the words came out harsher I had intended.

"Where's my present?", her voice was low and demanding.

"What do you mean? Wasn't the party enough?", my irritation started to grow.

"But you got YeongHee a present!" How did she even know about that?

"That's different', Jessica! People only turn twenty once! I bought you plenty of presents already. We were trying to make this special for YeongHee because we didn't properly celebrate her coming back to Korea."

 "Today was supposed to be about you and me", her eyes started to glisten. I really could not deal with this right now, so I just gave in.

"I'm sorry, Jessica. I promise it'll be better next time", I grabbed her hand leading her into the hall, like a mother dragging an upset child.

I saw YeongHee going around and and greeting her guests with a bright smile. She was always so friendly, no matter where she went. Seeing her smile made me smile and my fingers slowly unclasped from Jessica's hand.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

"Thanks for driving me back home, Jonghyun", YeongHee said as she rode in the passenger seat of my car.

"Anything for the birthday girl. Plus, I have to give you my gift", I reminded her.

"You didn't have to get me anything, you know."

"Think of it as a thank you gift."

"A thank you gift?", she slightly tilted her head.

"Yeah, for trying help me and Jessica. You did a lot for me. I'm grateful and I'm sorry."

"Yeesh, Jonghyun. Why are you so sappy? You know I'll always be around when you need me."

"I know.", I said with a cheeky grin. We arrived at her house and got out of the car together.

I went over to her side as she stepped onto the side walk. I slowly started to put my hand in my pocket, feeling for the satin box.

"I hope you like it", I whispered and opened the box. My eyes studied her face as she eyed the necklace. It was a silver G-clef. It was simple but I thought it was beautiful anyway. Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at the necklace.

I felt myself sigh in disappointment. She doesn't like it.

She took the box from my hand and looked at it even closer. My toes curled in worry.

"Jonghyun", she spoke, almost inaudible, "I love it."

"Really?!", it was my automatic response. She nodded, her eyes twinkling with sincerity.

"Then let's get that stupid key necklace off of you and put this baby on!", I exclaimed.

I unhooked her previous and put my necklace on herand unintentionally put it into my pocket. The clef illuminated under the full moon.

She hugged me. It wasn't a hard, excited hug like before. It was a hug filled with gratefulness.

Happy Birthday, YeongHee. Be around forever, okay?

 ___________________________________

I'm sorry, guys! Forgive me, okay?

I love all, my readers! Even the silent ones!
More drama is about to come!

COMMENT!