11; I Can't Feel My Breath

My Sister Hates You.

 

The room with the lights off, the jumbled thoughts of you
Just won’t go away. What can I possibly blame to bring a little bit of comfort?
Was the deep love a sin? Whatever will happen, let it happen, huh. Even I’m not too sure.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   

YeongHee POV:

As soon as that name came out of I started choking. I can't feel my breath.

"Kikwang? A-Are you sure?!", I stuttered without even knowing it.

"Who's Kikwang?", Key asked, eyebrows raised.

"YeongHee's first boyfriend!", JiHwa Unni beamed.

"What?!", three voices said simultaneously. (Jonghyun, Key & Taemin)

"We were just friends!", I corrected.

"That liked each other", she added.

I didn't want to remember him. Don't get me wrong, Kikwang was a really nice guy. He was my first heartbreak at the pure age of fifteen. He was also the first guy I cried over. It was when we were kids... but no one forgets their first, right?

"So what happened?", Minho asked referring to why we "broke up", I guess.

"That jerk cheated on her!", JiHwa was suddenly angry.

"He didn't cheat on me! A girl that he liked for a really long time (before me) asked him out.", I corrected again.

"And he just couldn't refuse", unni shook her head. I looked down; thinking about it made me upset.

"WHAT?! I should give that guy a piece of my mind!", Taemin shook his fist in the air.

"No Taemin-ah. Let's just shop and try to avoid him, kay?"

"That's gonna be hard to do when he's right behind you", unni wiggled her finger forward.

I turn around and see the cause of my first heartbreak. Time paused and I couldn't feel my breath.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   

Key POV:

I thought I was her first boyfriend.... She lied to me! All these years.... T_T

YeongHee turned around and she came face to face with a medium built guy with thick lips. They stared at each other for about five seconds. So, I'm guessing that's the guy they were talking about.

"Hi?", she started. It was soooo obvious that she still loved him. Hmph.

"YeongHee?", a small smile started to form on his lips.

"Key?", a voice called out from behind him.

"Dongwoon?", confusion was written clearly on my face.

"Dongwoon?!", YeongHee exclaimed.

"YeongHee!", Dongwoon said excitedly.

"You all know each other?", Onew hyung's mouth was agape.

Me and YeongHee silently nodded.

"Key you're still with YeongHee? I thought you two broke up", he questioned.

My eyes widened and YeongHee started to nervously chuckle.

"What?", Jonghyun asked, with slight anger in his voice.

"Let me explain! Me and Key were really, really good friends in high school but then we had a huge fight. That's what Dongwoon meant by 'break up'. Not a boyfriend/girlfriend kind of break up", YeongHee lied as if was saved on the tip of her tongue.

"So you two were friends in high school?", Minho questioned.

"Yup, we told you, remember?", I went along with it.

"You did?", Jonghyun tried to recall.

"Yeah, silly! Jonghyun, you have such a terrible memory", YeongHee gave a bright smile. She did that when she was super-duper nervous. It was cute actually.

Just then, the Kikwang guy gave a small cough and YeongHee turned her attention back to him. Why was he still here?

"Well, I've got to go now but it was nice seeing you again, YeongHee", he said and smiled, baring all his teeth while his eyes turned razor thin.

"Same here!", she gave a bright smile.... and this time it wasn't out of nervousness. It was out of love. Ugh.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

JiHwa POV:

 We were inside YeongHee's room. Looking around, rummaging through stuff. Mostly me. In her closet, I found a large white box with a silk blue ribbon on it. I opened it, out of curiosity.

It was a beautiful dark pink dress that ended just above the knee. It was strapless and an elegant black lace ribbon was tied under the bust. I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw the price tag on it. It was never worn before.

"YeongHee, is this yours?", I asked.

"Yeah unni. You want it?"

"You've never even worn it! What was this for?", I raised my eyebrows.

"My senior dance", her voice became lower.

"Why didn't you go?", I pressed on.

"....I didn't feel like going", she brushed off my question. I saw Key squirm in his seat.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

YeongHee POV:

I forgot about that dress. Key picked it out for me because we were supposed to go to the dance together. Then we broke up and I just didn't have the spirit to go anymore. I stayed home that night, buried in junk food and watched tear-jerking films. I was all alone. My friends begged me to go with them but I still refused. I saw Key get uncomfortable so I tried to avoid all of unni's questions.

Before she found anything else, I swiftly took the box that I left in the corner and slid it under my bed again. I couldn't help but think that I had forgotten something. I looked over at JiHwa unni and saw her put something in her bag. What was in there, anyways?

"So did Key know Jessica?", Jonghyun suddenly asked. He must've still thinking about what happened at the mall.

I let him answer that.

"Nope", he replied simply.

I bit my lips. He knew Jessica, alright. He was probably in love with her, like every other guy. I shook off the memories again. I pushed down the anger bubbling up. This pain was inevitable.

__________________________

And the truth starts to unravel.

Phew! Dongwoon! That was close call. >< 

What did YeongHee forget and what did JiHwa take?

Kikwang shall reappear.

COMMENT. I ONLY UPDATED CUZ I REACHED 110 SUBSCRIBERS! =)

I <3 You Guys!

Do you like the poster? Cuz I LOVE it. Thanks to Lemon-swirls. =)