o9; If I Only Had The Heart.

My Sister Hates You.

 

In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.   

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

YeongHee's POV:

I wanted to know what happened. I really did. But then again I thought I was being to nosy. Everything should have worked out if Jessica did things right. Jonghyun must've really liked her in order to beg me. He's so stubborn; I never even imagined that happening.

My heart still felt strange when I thought about Jessica and Jonghyun together. The pieces just didn't fit.

Maybe it's because I've only seen Jonghyun single. Or maybe it's because Jessica was the cause of my first heartbreak. She was the cause of me treating Key the way I did.

Even now, when I look at Key, the feelings are still there. Then I suddenly remembered the box.

I wondered if it was still there. Or did my mom already throw it out. She had a habit of throwing things away. I looked under my bed and found the regular shoe box under a layer of dust.

"Oh my god", I sighed.

Truthfully, I was scared to open it. It contained pictures of our past and letters filled with his young heart. i just knew if I opened this box, tears would start to flow. I inhaled and took off the cover.

The first thing I saw was a picture of Key and me; the same one he had in his wallet. I blushed as I looked at the picture. I touched my face; it was as if his face was next to mine just yesterday.

I put that in my drawer and picked up a letter he wrote to me. I internally argued whether I should open it or not. Before I knew it, my hand was opening the flap of the envelope. I read one random line, and my heart dropped.

"Even if we break up, I want us to be friends and I want you to remember me forever. Promise me."

I felt tears stinging my eyes. I regretted opening this letter.

I did forget about him. I forgot about his feelings. And I definitely wasn't a good friend. I wanted to talk to Key but no matter how much I wanted to I would never have enough guts. I wanted to do a lot of things but fear and insecurity always got the best of me.

I saw my old diary but I knew it would just cause more regret. I put it on my night table. Actually I would feel happy, and then regretful. I put the letter and picture back in it's place and slid the box into a corner. I wanted to keep sight of it.

I should have thrown these things away. But I just didn't have the heart to.

I sighed and sat down on my bed, sleep not coming to my eyes.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

Cause you were my sun, the moon
You were my everything and...
Everything in my room seems to
miss you

Our hidden memories still linger cause....you're still in my room.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

Key's POV:

I  suddenly felt like talking to YeongHee. These days I've been thinking about her a lot.  A LOT. I wondered if she was even up at this hour. I scrolled through the contacts list on my phone and YeongHee's name was highlighted. My thumb was lingering over the call button; I took a deep breath and pressed it.

"H-Hello?", a voice stuttered after a few rings. 

 "Hey, were you asleep", I bit my lip.

 "No. I can't seem to get to sleep. What's up?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to talk."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

 

Normal POV:

'He just wanted to talk?', YeongHee thought. It was as if Key read her mind and called her. However, her heart was still heavy after seeing that box filled to the brim with memories.

"Oh okay", I replied nonetheless.

"How were your two years in America?", he asked. His voice seemed a little disappointed.

"I love it there it and I made same great friends but I got really homesick sometimes. I wanted to see my mom, Jonghyun and JiHwa unni. I thought about you a lot too."

'DID I JUST SAY THAT?!' YeongHee felt like smacking herself in the face. She never says what she wants to say WHEN she wants say it. These random outbursts were so frustrating!

On the other hand, Key's breath was caught in his throat. Did she just say that?  He felt a warm feeling spread in his chest at the thought. He was glad she didn't forget him.

"I missed you, YeongHee. You know, I thought we'd be friends for a long time", Key sadly said.

"I know, I'm sorry Key. But this is a new beginning. We will be friends for a long time... because you mean a lot to me."

"You mean a lot to me too."

Before they knew it, they were talking and talking, just like old times. It was already 1AM, and YeongHee thought it's be best to end the conversation.

"Key, it's getting kind of late..."

"Oh right! I'll see you tomorrow, kay?", he said brightly.

"Mmhmm. Good night."

YeongHee shut her phone and put her hand on her chest. She felt like a thousand bricks had been lifted off her chest. She was glad her and Key could be friends again. But a part of her didn't want to be just friends....

Little did she know, he felt the exact same way.

 

___________________________

This chapter gives you a look into the past. =O

Are Key and YeongHee liking each other again? <3