o8; Ambiguity

My Sister Hates You.

 

To be uncertain is to be uncomfortable, but to be certain is to be ridiculous.  

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

YeongHee's POV:

 

"Taemin-ah! Is that how you cut vegetables?!", I heard Key screech behind me.

I turn around and I see Taemin cutting the peppers in a  variety of shapes and sizes. I chuckled. I told him to slice them in thick, long pieces. I was also trying to fix the odd slices.

"Hey guys! Hows it going?", Jonghyun barged into the kitchen along with Onew and Minho.

"Are you making chicken perhaps?", Onew brightened.

He did a fist pump as soon as the word yes escaped my mouth.

"But it's not for you!", Key added and I saw Onew deflate with a pout on his face.

"YeongHee, you're the best you know that?", Jonghyun put his arm around me. I felt my heart flutter but I shook it off.

"I have been and I always will be", I replied arrogantly.

After an hour of cooking, Key and I were finally done.....Oh yeah, Taemin too.

Wait a minute....there was someone missing. Someone important!

Oh. My. God.

WHERE IS JESSICA?!

As is he read my mind, Jonghyun came into the room.

"Noona is on her way here but Jessica's still at the mall", he said non-chalantly.

How could he be so calm about it? This is the same boy that begged me to help him just a few weeks ago. What happend?

"Why aren't you freaking out? 'Cause I certainly am!", I spazzed.

"This is normal. Jessica's always late. Plus I already know what my sister is going to say."

I furrowed my eyebrows,"Jonghyun, you--"

I was cut off by the doorbell. Jonghyun wasn't making any sense. Minho answered the door and in came JiHwa unni. She dropped her purse and coat and ran to me. She enveloped me in a strong, tight hug. How her petite body did that I'll never know.

"I missed you YeongHee!"

"Unni, I just saw you last week!"

"I know but you were in America for TWO YEARS. Let me show you some love", her grip tightened and there was officially no more air left in my lungs.

JiHwa unni had always been my friend. She was mischievous and tricky but that didn't overpower her kind heart. Whenever I need someone to talk to, she was there.  Plus we had one common hobby: torturing Jonghyun.

"But you're here to see Jessica, remember", I said.

"Oh yeah. Where's the girl that supposedly stole my baby brother's heart?", she put her hands on her hips. Another thing we had in common: sarcasm. But I started to panic once the question sunk in. What do I do? LIE!

"She was so caught up in making this wonderful meal that she forgot something at home. So she'll be here in a couple of minutes." Man I am SOOOO good at this.

"SHE made this?", JiHwa unni pointed to the table filled with an arrangements of foods. Now that I'm looking at it Key and me did a pretty good job.

I nodded and quickly changed the subject, "Jonghyun, where are the boys?" He had been standing there the whole time.

"In the living room, playing video games", he replied. He seemed a little sad. Maybe it was just me. I walked into the living room and see Minho pumbling the boys in some sort of fighting game. I had been here for a little while but their personalities were as clear as day to me.

 

Onew, despite being the oldest he was also the silliest. He never forgets how to smile; that was a trait I really admired. Another thing that stands out is his love for chicken. I think the boy would marry chicken if it were legal...or sane. But then he'd eat his wife during the honeymoon. What a sad love story. That reminds me of his corny jokes. I find them absolutely hilarious no matter what the other boys say.

Minho, he was a true gentleman and he is very level headed. He has his outburst of silliness sometimes. Whenever the boy goes out, girls swoon over him like there's no tomorrow. I can understand why though. But if those girls knew how he acts when he's in some sort of competition. OH BOY. In his dictionary, losing doesn't exist.

Taemin is a sweetheart. He had a pure heart but he does act a little spoiled sometimes. Nonetheless I love him like a brother. He must feel the same because he won't let me within spitting distance of an unfamiliar male. Just looking out for his noona I guess.

Key. I could go on for hours and hours about Key. He was definitely mother like and he might seems naggy but where will you find someone with a concerned heart like that? He's always smiling and I would like to keep it that way. When I see him sad, my heart breaks. But I guess that's because Key will always have special meaning in my heart.

My train of thought was broken by the doorbell. Damn it. It was Jessica. I am going to KILL HER. Without thinking, I rushed to the door and opened to see Jessica in a new bedazzled dress. That's what she was doing in the mall? I tried suppress any negative comments brewing in my head.

 She looked care-free. Did this mean anything to her? I sighed; nothing was of my control.

"They're in the kitchen. Go", I said with a controlled voice.

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

Ambiguity makes people become greedy;
Until waiting has lost its meaning.
However you and I are not able to write the end.

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

 JiHwa's POV:

After Jessica left, I felt a load had been lifted off my shoulders. But I was upset. Jonghyun made YeongHee make this dinner and then she LIED to me. That's right. Never underestimate Kim JiHwa.

Jonghyun and me sat at the dining table but we weren't speaking at all.

"So...what do you think of her?", he started.

"Jonghyun, do you even care about her", I abrubtly asked.

"Why do you say that?" Pfft. He didn't even answer my question.

"You wanted to introduce me to her but it seems like you don't even care anymore. Well, at least that's what I see from your attitude", I lectured, "You should be nervous, but here you are, cool as a cucumber."

"I guess I already knew your answer."

"If you already knew my answer, then you shouldn't have introduced us. If you really cared for her, you would've fought harder to change my opinion."

He stayed silent and I sighed.

"Jonghyun, come and talk to me when you've figured out your feelings for her."

 

_______________________________________________________

Oh Snap! What's happening?!

Hope you guys liked this chapter!

Tell me what you're thinking!

I SHALL NOT TOLERATE SILENT READERS.

=)