13; First Love, Heartbreak & My Everything.

My Sister Hates You.

 

You never stop loving somebody. They're always in the corner of your heart, with you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

JiHwa's POV:

I stared at the book that was in my hands. I didn't mean to steal it. I really didn't!

I had it in my hands at the time and when she looked over at me I got nervous so I put it in my bag. I had absolutely no idea what was in this thing.

As soon as I opened it, a picture fell out. Wait, he looked familiar. REALLY familiar. It was a boys, whose brown, smooth hair was swept to the side and his smile showed off his perfect set of teeth.

In the corner was scribbled 'Key'.

KEY?!  As in Jonghyun's best friend? I looked at the picture for a few more seconds before concluding that it WAS  definitely him. No doubt about it.

I should've have stopped right there but I didn't.

January 27th

                Dear Diary, Key finally asked me out! I liked him for a while and I heard rumors that he did too but I didn't really believe them...until now. His real name is Kim KiBum. His name is common but he most definitely isn't. He always cares for other people and he isn't concerned with being cool like all the other guys in high school. I hope we work out.... because all of the other relationships I've had didn't really work out for me. This is a new chapter in my life.

January 30th

Key asked me be his girlfriend! YES!

I read every single word in every single page. I couldn't believe this was happening. How come I didn't know? Did Jonghyun know? The diary was filled with their memories. And it seemed like YeongHee was genuinely in love with him.

One question was looming in my head:

Why did they break up?

It was really none of my business. That didn't stop me. I flipped through the happy memories and stopped when I saw sad faces. This entry was the year after, in April. That means they lasted more than a year?!

April 8th

I saw Jessica flirting with Key, again. She was a new student and everyone admires her. Which makes me even more insecure. Jessica is wonderful and I'm just...me. She just happened to like him. Life isn't fair. Key means a lot to me. I don't ever want to lose him. I don't get jealous when I see them together. A little part part of me just dies.

Jessica? It couldn't possibly be....

April 30th

Today I saw Key and Jessica hug. It wasn't just any hug. It was intimate. Like they were in love instead of me and him. I feel like someone ripped out my heart and cut it up into pieces just to throw it back inside my chest. If I knew love was going be this painful, I never would have fallen into it in the first place. Maybe I wouldn't be feeling this way. After school, I broke up with him. The whole day I couldn't focus on anything. He asked me why. I lied, of course. Even though he broke my heart I still love Key, and I think I always will...

 

It was short but it stung. The pain was so vivid, that I felt it. This is why YeongHee didn't tell me. My curiosity led me to poison.

Because it would affect my judgment of Jessica.

Tears stung the corners of my eyes. My dongsaeng was going through this much pain and I couldn't even comfort or protect her. My heartbeat felt irregular as I held the diary to my chest. All these secrets...... I knew I crossed the limit. I knew too much.

Ignorance was bliss.

I couldn't even put my thoughts together.

How was I going to face them after this?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

YeongHee's POV:

I tore my room apart. It was a complete mess but I still couldn't find it.

Where'd it go? Where the hell did it go?!If someone finds that diary I'm done for! I should've gotten rid of it when I had the chance. All the guys had class or were busy with other friends. Here I am, tearing my room apart.

Suddenly, I heard my mom enter through the front door. But she wasn't alone. I heard a male voice too.

I bolted down the stairs.

Pause.

My mom was smiling and KiKwang held grocery bags in his hands. WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING ON HERE?!

"Mom?", I spoke up, nose flaring.

"YeongHee?", Kikwang's eyes became bigger.

"You two know each other?", my mom looked back and forth at us.

We silently nodded but our gazes never left each other's.

"This young man helped my carry my groceries here", she said as she patted his back.

He could've been a serial killer for all she knew!

Nonetheless I shot him a grateful smile and thanked him.

"No problem", he shyly rubbed the back of his neck, "I should get going now."

My mom was a pretty persistent person so he ending up staying and having some snacks.....Not that I minded.

When he wanted to leave again it was pouring buckets outside. Seriously. If you stepped outside for a second, you would be drenched. I couldn't let him leave in this condition.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

 You were an umbrella over my head.

The night's cold rain dripping on my shoulders. 

You being beside me, became a habit.

Alone in the rain....

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   

Key's POV:

I walked towards YeongHee's house. It was raining really hard but it's okay since I had a pretty big umbrella covering me. I watched as the rain fell, rythmically.

I stopped at the scene before me.

Kikwang was trying to step out of the house but YeongHee pulled him closer to her, inside. Then she locked the door.

My mouth formed  a frown right before my umbrella dropped with a splat. The cold rain slid down my face as I stood there with disbelief. My view became hazy and my heart stopped beating.

YeongHee wouldn't do that....would she?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

 

 

 ______________________________________

Do you guys get it? Poor YeongHee =(

Wait for Key's side of the story. ;)

Just had to update because of the new subscribers. =)

Comment! Pleasepleaseplease!