14; Love is Sickening (Literally)

My Sister Hates You.

Smile, it's the only key that unlocks everyone's heart.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   

YeongHee's POV:

I started at the necklace for the umpteenth time. It was a small silver antique looking key. It was simple but beautiful and I loved it so much. Maybe because of the person who gave it to me, maybe because of the memories while I wore this necklace maybe because....I would never be able to forget. No matter how much I wanted to.

 

I forgot to put it in the box once I had broken up with Key. Instead I found it in my drawer and I'm glad I kind of did. How could I ever throw away my memories while staying in this room? My fingers slowly wrapped around the key and I found myself unclasping the lock and putting it around my neck.

I looked into the mirror with intense eyes.

 

I was putting my books into my locker when two soft hands gently covered my eyes. I gasped, though there was no real force behind it.

"YeongHee, keep your eyes closed", Key's low voice whispered, his lips touching my ear slightly. I obeyed.

I felt something cold go around my neck and Key fumbled with the clasp. Once he was done, he took my by the shoulders and turned me around.

I held the charm in my hand to get a better look and my eyes instantly brightened.

"Let me guess. You have the key to my heart?", I smiled at his cheesy thinking.

Nonetheless, he gave me a broad smile and tilted his head.

"Happy Valentines Day."

 

I looked into the mirror. I looked like a crazy person.

My smiling lips deceived my moist eyes.

I tilted my head up and smacked my self for being so silly first thing in the morning.

I had to get ready to meet everyone soon. Don't wanna be there with red eyes, now do I?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

Key's POV:

I tapped my foot with crossed arms as we waited for YeongHee in her living room. I'm still hurt and mad at her for what I saw yesterday. Why would she ever give that guy a second chance?! I looked around me to shake away the thought.

Jonghyun and Jessica were awkwardly sitting next to each other. They really didn't talk much, especially these days. I wondered even if they were in love. Jonghyun must care about her to BEG YeongHee.

Argh. YeongHee! I sniffled then sneezed. Oh yeah, did I mention I got a cold from the freezing rain?!

Onew hyung was biting his lip, mindlessly.

Minho was patiently waiting, with his hands folded. Pfft, goodies two-shoes.

Taemin was smiling to himself...probably thinking of banana milk.

JiHwa noona was deep in thought....too deep. As if something was bothering her.

I heard heavy footsteps followed by a rushed YeongHee.

"Hi guys!", she said with her bright, sweet, smile. I mentally smacked myself. That cuteness thing may work on Taemin but no me. I am as strong as a rock! A rock, I tell ya!

She caught me staring at her.

"Hey Key", she smiled.

 "What did you do yesterday?", I smiled back, trying to sound casual. Even though I knew exactly what she did last night!

"Nothing, just stayed home", she replied. Now she's lying to me?!

I felt myself break down. Not once, has she ever lied to me. I'm starting to realize that our relationship might not ever be the same anymore.

 "Oh! And I saw Kikwang!", she suddenly remembered.

"Again?", Jonghyun said somewhat bitterly.

 "Yeah her met my mom at the supermarket and he helped her with the bags", she said as if she was praising him.

Wait....That's why he was at her house? But what about the pulling him in part? My eyes turned into slits.

"But it was raining like crazy yesterday", Onew hyung flailed his arms out.

"Yeah, he wanted to leave but I insisted him to stay here until it cleared up."

Kim KiBum. You are an idiot. Of course YeongHee wouldn't do something like that. She was smarter than that. I felt myself sigh in relief. But I couldn't help but feel someone was watching my every move.

 I saw something shimmer in between YeongHee's collar bones. I smiled as I realized what it was.

She kept the dress, she kept the necklace. What else did she keep? How much was she really over me? How much did she miss me? How much does she still love me?

"Nice necklace", I smirked.

She touched the necklace and her eyes widened slightly as if she forgot she was wearing it.

"T-Thanks", she stammered.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

JiHWa's POV:

I watched every move between Key and YeongHee. From the words they spoke and right down to the body language.

 Key seemed to be jealous over Kikwang. I don't blame him though. But does this mean Key still likes her?

 This was hurtful and confusing. I thought I was YeongHee's friend. Regardless of Jessica, she should have told me!

 After YeongHee's birthday party is done, I'll talk to her. She won't be mad at me, right? She loves me too much.

 I heard Key compliment YeongHee necklace. I squinted and zoomed in on it.

OHMYGOD! I wanted to spaz so badly. That was a key right?! Did he give it to her? But when?! DO THEY STILL LOVE EACH OTHER? But I couldn't freak out! Do you know how hard that is for me?!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

Jonghyun's POV:

We went to the city and explored the unbeknownst. Honestly, this Noona trying to make YeongHee Love Korea Plan was kind of tiring. But I didn't complain because it was nice being together like this.

We came across a fortune teller place. I thought We would walk right past it but noona stopped us and pushed me in.

"Go find out about your future Jonghyunnie~", I heard my sister chirp.

In confusion, I entered through the curtain of beads.

"I've been expecting you, child. Please, come in", I heard an eerie old lady say.

Of course she was expecting me. Noona should've known I don't believe in this stuff. But this fortune teller was different. She had no crystal ball, or tarot cards, not even a dark, mysterious looking cloak.

As I sat down she suddenly looked troubled.

"W-What's wrong?", I started to get scared.

"Tell me, do you have a girlfriend?", she cut to the chase.

"Yes", I furrowed my eyebrows.

She gave a thoughtful look before starting, "People who seem like they love you are just greedy. The people who truly love you are suffering the most. In all this confusion, secrets will unravel. In all this ache, you have to confess what you truly feel. Also, just because you can't see a star in the night sky, doesn't mean that it isn't there."

What I truly feel? Invisible star?

"What does that mean?", I urged.

"You'll understand soon enough. Go. Your loved ones are waiting for you", she replied simply.

What about money?

She laughed,"True love doesn't cost a thing, honey. You can go now."

True love? Soon enough, I sprinted out of there. I didn't believe that someone could see your future. You had to create your own. But why is it that I believed every word she just said? But the last part hit my heart.

Just because you can't see a star, doesn't mean that it's not there.

 

________________________________________

Next chapter is YeongHee's birthday partay~

Let me just tell you, major DRAMA & FEELINGS.

So don't miss it!

Comment!

I will update when I'm satisfied with the number of comments.

Isn't it weird how Valentine's Day is on the 14th and this is the 14th chapter? o_O

*cough*Shameless advertising *cough*

my {o n e-s h o t} at ℓσvє.♥