15; Because It's Love

My Sister Hates You.

I don't want to get hurt, but what do I do with my love struck heart?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

Key's POV:

"Taemin-ah! That banner isn't supposed to be there!", I yelled for what seemed to be the hundredth time. We were decorating the big hall for YeongHee's birthday but these idiots couldn't do anything right.

"He's even more irritable today", I heard Onew mumble. I gave him a glare and I saw him flinch, then he went back to blowing up the  red balloon.

I couldn't help but feel bad though. YeongHee thinks that we're all busy on the day of her birthday. I knew the thing she hated most was when she was forgotten.

I think it'll all pay off in the end.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

"You did a great job Key!", JiHwa noona exclaimed as she looked around the hall.

"He didn't do anything! Just bossed us around!", Minho complained but I just shrugged it off.

"Key, can you pick up YeongHee?", noona turned to me. I simply nodded and took the bag that held the dress.

"I wanna do it", Taemin lunged forward.

Sure, except for the fact that YOU CAN"T DRIVE. I shook my head and headed towards the door.

Before I knew it I arrived at her door. Just when I was about to knock, the sound of chuckling echoed through my ears. There I saw Kikwang and YeongHee giggling together like grade school children. I knew this would happen. That's exactly why I didn't want to leave her alone! She noticed me at her doorstep and her eyes brightened.

"Key! You look really nice!", she genuinely said which made me blush a little. I popped my collar and tried to act cool. Then I realized why I had come here in the first place.

"YeongHee, I have to take you somewhere!"

"Where?"

"To a wedding of one of Jonghyun's cousins", I quickly faked.

"Why do I have to go?", YeongHee's eyebrows knit together.

"Because we're all going!"

"I don't want to...", she twiddled with her fingers. Aish! Now's not the time to be difficult YeongHee!

"JiHwa noona will be really disappointed if you don't." Hey, that was a fact. Not only would she be disappointed  but she would possibly kill me. >_<

"Fine", she sighed. I knew that would work! She turned to KiKwang and bid him good bye. Oh, he was still there? She gave him a quick hug but that was enough to leave my blood boiling.

"Come on!", I tugged on her impatiently.

"Wear this! Glam yourself up a little okay?", I handed her the bag and pushed her up the stairs.

In about half and hour, she down the stairs. Her hair was let down in soft waves, with a side part. A thin line of eyeliner encircled her eyes, she had on some tinted lip gloss with a hint of blush. She had silver accessories, which went perfectly with the dress. It occurred to me that YeongHee was becoming a woman now. She isn't the same girl I knew in high school. But she looked beautiful nonetheless.

 

"Ooh~ You look nice! Now let's go before JiHwa noona kills me!", I grabbed her hand and we bolted out the door into my car.

On our way there, YeongHee looked like she wanted to say something.

"Key....do you really not remember what today is?", she said quietly. She seemed so sad that I just wanted to shout out "Happy Birthday!" and give her a hug but I held myself back.

"Yeah. It's Jonghyun & Jessica's 6 month anniversary." I, once again, did not lie.

 "It is?", she seemed alerted. I nodded my head, trying to keep my eyes on the road.

"Oh....that's a pretty long time", she was almost inaudible.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 "SUPRISE!", the crowd of close family and friends cheered. I glance over at YeongHee and saw her hand on her heart and frozen in her spot. That meant she liked it. And the squeal was coming in 3, 2, 1...

"Oh my god! You guys~!"

JiHwa noona came upto hug her.

 "You did all of this for me?", her smile was broad and beautiful.

 "Mmhmm and for Jonghyun & Jessica", noona was smiling too but I saw YeongHee's smile falter.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

That love begins again.
You
don’t know me,
or my
love for you
This 
painful love begins again
I can’t
control these feelings
that surge up when I see you
I hate the word goodbye.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

"Okay let's slow it down for the main couple and the beautiful lady", the DJ said soothingly. The lights turned down as the soft, smooth music filled the room. I took YeongHee by the hand and started to dance and Jonghyun did the same with Jessica.

We hadn't been this close in a while and I realized how much I missed her being in my arms.

"I heard you decorated the place. It's really beautiful. Thanks, Key", she spoke softly and gave a small smile.

"Anything for you, YeongHee", our faces were barely inches apart.

"YeongHee, I always wanted to ask this...", she looked at me pleading me to go on.

"Why 'd you break up with me?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Jonghyun's POV

No matter how much I tried to stop myself, I kept looking at them. They looked so natural so together and it made me feel like something I've never felt before. I watched as they looked into each other's eyes and talked. I found myself silently chanting in my head for him to move away. My grip on Jessica got tighter as my heart sunk lower.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

YeongHee's POV:

My words got caught in my throat as his question slapped me across the face.

"Key....does it even matter anymore?", I actually said something.

"If it doesn't matter why won't you tell me?", I could hear him get frustrated.

"Can we talk about this some other time?", I looked down from his gaze. His grip on me tightened before the words flew out of his mouth like venom to my heart.

 

"What if I still love you?"

 

_________________________________________

 

WHAT?! Man, even I, the writer, did not see this coming.

COMMENT!