When Hell Breaks Loose

A Fake Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The phone rang. The shrill sound of the ringing filled the eerily silent house. All the Infinite members were sitting on the floor, not looking at each other- of course besides L and Woohyun. Where they were, no one knew. The Infinite members were facing away from one another, with their mouths shut, still dwelling on their recollections on the incident that happened just hours ago. 

Sunggyu shoved himself up from the floor and took the phone. His muscles ached and his mind was foggy, but being the leader, he wanted to show s that hope wasn't lost... yet.

"Hello?" his voice was shrivelled up. Weak. Lifeless.

"Where's Nam Woohyun?"

"What? I'm sorry?" Sunggyu held the phone closer to his ear. "Who are you?"

"Today, December 26, 2011, 6:28 PM, Nam Woohyun left his home for an uncomfirmed destination," said a lady's calm voice. "We'd like to know where he is."

"Are you a stalker?" Sunggyu's voice was growing to a shout. Hoya's head turned and looked at him- concern growing in his eyes behind his glasses.

"Nam Woohyun is wanted here at the hospital."

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes. "The... hospital?"

The lady ignored his question. "He has not picked up his cell phone, so officials will be out to track him down. So please kindly tell us where Nam Woohyun is."

"Why would you want him?" sputtered Sunggyu.

"Because Nam Woohyun is dangerous." 

"Mind your ing business!" Sunggyu screamed. He threw the phone across the house and it smashed against the wall. The sound of electricity cackling filled the air, but none of the Infinite members did anything. They didn't even ask who the call was from. Sunggyu groaned and slid down the fall, rubbing his head. 

Just to add to the ruckus, the doorbell rang. Then followed the sound of a few girls giggling. The doorbell rang again. 

"I don't want to open the door," Sungyeol narrowed his eyes. "Don't like the... feel of it." 

Seoyoo stumbled to her feet. "I'll get it. Whoever they are, they won't recognize me." 

"What if it's the hospital?" Sunggyu whispered, but no one heard him. 

Seoyoo opened the door a crack and looked out to see three girls. "Who are you? Sorry, but we aren't expecting anyone, so if you can kindly go away..." The girls pushed the door open and Seoyoo gasped when she saw her ex-best friend Soobin standing there; her eyes cold and lightless.

"We've been watching you for a long time," she said with a sly, empty smile. "Now if you can open the door and let Infinite come out."

 

* * *

 

"I dont get it," L muttered. He threw his phone down in frusturation. "I can't get in contact with our house phone. Do you think something happened to them?"

Woohyun didn't answer, but L - at the same time - didn't expect him to. After taking off in the taxi, L told the driver to just go far and far away as possible.

"Where are we?" Woohyun whispered, but L shook his head.

"Nam Woohyun," he said slowly. "I want you to tell me exactly what happened that day many years ago when you visited the hospital. And I mean every single detail."

"I went. I talked to the doctor. I signed a few papers. I went to the bathroom. I took some medications..."

L's eyes grew wide. "What papers?"

"I don't exactly remember," he yawned. "I was really sleepy that time. They did a test for me and they told me that if I didn't come back to the hospital, I'd be a fatal danger to those around me. Then they gave me some papers and told me to sign my name. The papers were long, so I just kind of skipped through... wrote my name on the dotted lines, and the date..."

"Woohyun, tell me exactly what those papers were about," L said quietly.

"I told you! I didn't read it properly. The didn't explain it to me either."

L breathed in sharply. "A few days ago, your cellphone rang, but you weren't there. I don't know where you were, I forgot, but it said HOSPITAL on the phone with like millions of exclamation marks after it, so i figured it was important. I took the call, and they immediately started talking..." he gulped. "They said somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter