Taking A Stand

A Fake Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator's POV:

"Hey you!" 

 

Dongwoo shoved L over. It was 4AM in the morning, and Seoyoo was still fast asleep. The members all woke up because they needed to practice their Paradise dance. Their Paradise music video was also released in the middle of the night, so they all wanted to see if the response was explosive.

 

"Don't stand in my way like that," barked Dongwoo. He waited for L to scamper off like always, but today, L stood there stubbornly refusing to move. Dongwoo scoffed and he grabbed onto L's shoulder and whirled him around.

 

"Do you not hear me?" snapped Dongwoo. "I told you to move!"

 

"What if I don't want to?" L sneered. He grabbed Dongwoo's hand and threw it off his shoulder. He turned around on his heel and left the room, leaving Dongwoo frozen with surprise. He stood there, cold fear gripping his body... but he quickly shook it off. Never was he afraid of L before, and now he wasn't going to be either. Should he tell Sungyeol or Woohyun? Or would that make him a tattletaling baby like in Kindergarden?

 

Sunggyu walked into the room, a towel on his head. There was water dripping on the floor. He sighed and swooped down to clean up the mess. He used his feet to wipe it around. L, who was passing by, saw Sunggyu spreading the water out more. He jumped to the rescue with some tissue paper and wiped it up.

 

"Oh!" said Sunggyu, in a groggy tone. His eyes were still half closed. "Thanks L."

 

"You're welcome," L gave a polite smile and threw the tissue into the trashcan that was all the way across the room. It went in the can perfectly. Dongwoo's mouth fell open: he had tried and failed for about a hundred times to make the throw from where L was standing...

 

Sunggyu's eyes were closed and he rammed into a door and shrieked out in pain.

 

"The door's on the other side, hyung!" yelled Sungjong who was in the bathroom.

 

"Mkjdkfjmmm," said Sunggyu and walked out of the room. "Hshhummoflept."

 

"Hyung!" came Hoya's voice. "The repsonse for Paradise is EXPLOSIVE! Oh God, I can't wait! This is awesome! We need to go practice!... where's Sunggyu hyung?"

 

"He disappeared again," laughed Dongwoo. "Our leader is marvelous."

 

Then Sungjong and Hoya started laughing and for the first time in ages... the three boys were laughing today. They never talked together, laughed together, ate together... Hoya grabbed onto Dongwoo's shoulder and the boys all started doubling over again. Hoya's hand on Dongwoo's shoulder felt unfamiliar... but good. Was a sort of friendship growing...?

 

The door burst open and Woohyun stood there, shirtless, yawning and patting down his bed hair. The three boys immediately stopped laughing, and Hoya jumped away from Dongwoo as far away as possible. Dongwoo resumed his "chic and cool" face and pretended that nothing happened.

 

"What?" Woohyun said. He kicked the door close. "Don't just stare at me. Get back at whatever the heck you were doing."

 

Dongwoo let a sigh of relief. He thought Woohyun saw him interacting with the 'other group'. He could have been seriously beat up or cussed at if Woohyun had heart him...  

 

"What were you guys laughing about anyways?" Woohyun asked, settling down in a chair. He ran his fingers through his messy black hair. "What extremely funny joke did I miss?"

 

"Nothing, nothing," said Dongwoo quickly. "Just Sunggyu hyung being... interesting."

 

Woohyun looked around the room. "I can swear on a my life that I heard more than one person laughing." He turned around and gave a huge fake smile to Hoya. "Hey there Hoya. Maybe you can open up for once and share your joke."

 

Hoya flushed red and he lowered his gaze to the floor, not wanting to meet Woohyun's furious gaze.

 

"Loser," scoffed Woohyun.

 

Hoya opened his mouth to reply, but all of a sudden another voice came from behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter