The Plan! STEP Ⓐ

A Fake Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator's POV:

The manager grimaced while he shuffled some papers around. He was sitting at a wooden desk and Seoyoo was in front of him. 

"I'm really sorry," the manager repeated. "Let me know any time and I'll take you home."

Seoyoo shook her head. "There is no problem. I don't know what you're talking about."

The manager's eyes flashed. "Please! Seoyoo!"

Seoyoo turned silent again, sighing. She looked at the picture hung on the wall behind the manager. Infinite, 7 members together, smiling and laughing. On the side, Woohyun and L had their arms around each other's shoulders, smirking boyishly at the camera.

"So it wasn't always like this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Woohyun and L," said Seoyoo.

The manager laughed. "Oh no. They were the closest friends ever. One day they were best friends and the next they were beating each other up. It was an... abrupt turn for the whole group. It was hard for all the members, especially Sunggyu. He thinks that their fights are all because of him. Sunggyu's a good leader- but whenever there's a problem in the group, he always blames himself."

He looked up from his papers and saw Seoyoo sniffing a little.

"What's... what's wrong, Seoyoo?" he asked.

"I didn't know..." Seoyoo said. "That this was what Infinite was going through. They're so... different."

"This is the reality of idols," the manager said. "Whenever there's a broadcasting show, everyone is trying to be loud and funny so that they won't get edited out of the show. They have fights over who gets the most parts in songs and who has the most popularity. There are enemies between groups. You know that Teen Top? One of our rivals, especially during our debut days."

"Is there... anything I can do to help?" Seoyoo squeaked. "To help Woohyun and L?"

The manager paused. He seemed to be thinking. He tapped his pencil on his chin and breathed in sharply. "Of course. There are lots of things that you can do. But you're supposed to be enjoying your stay with Infinite. I can't just force you to do things."

"I want to. If I can help Infinite, I'm going to do it."

Seoyoo hated being so helpless when a fight was going on. After the ice skating rink, the ride home was incredibly awkward and intense. Sungjong was sitting next to her again and was incessently apologizing for what had happened. Seoyoo tried to wave him off, but he wouldn't stop. Then Sunggyu rasied his voice a little and asked Woohyun and L if they could just "Please stop. This was going on for too long." Then Woohyun and L would start rolling their eyes and cussing under their breath.

"Then," said the manger. "You can help."

Seoyoo's POV

I'm going to help them. Whatever it takes, I'm going to help them become the old close friends that they were in the beginning. Sunggyu's been having so much stress because of them, and it just hurts to look at him. He has dark circles and he's always sighing and rubbing his head like he has a headache that will never go away.

I really like L. I really do. He's extremely good looking and he acts so politely. And back there in the Radio Star broadcasting, when L picked Woohyun as a good friend, I felt like I was going to cry. I've never seen something so sweet and heartwarming in my life.

But I still feel a sense of loyalty to Woohyun. Those long years where I've been fangirling over Woohyun, holding posters with his face on it, my phone background as Woohyun, and my dedication to him... I can't get it out of my mind. But seeing him so aggressive and mean: punching L and cussing and spitting, I hate it.

The Infinite members are in their practice room, practicing to their song PARADISE. I heard the woman again, complaining that L still isn't singing the song properly; that he's singing the song like someone died.

 

"It's not exactly a happy song," L had snapped back at the woman.

"Well you're singing it like a funeral song," the woman had hissed back.

 

So while they were away, I cleaned up the whole house. I mopped the floor, I cleaned the kitchen and the dishes, I made their beds, I folded their clothes, and I was able to make the house look a little better. This was all part of the plan.

 

"HOLY..." Infinite flew into the door and their jaws dropped open at the spotless floor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter