Chapter IV

The Promise of Oblivion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan had come home soaking wet. Despite having brought an umbrella, the orange one to be exact, he didn't think to open it to cover himself. He had too many thoughts in his head as to realize it. When he entered the house, he saw the TV on and his mother before it. He went to turn it off and place a kiss on his mother's forehead and covered her with the blanket that was on her legs. 

Luhan went to his room, put his things on his desk and laid down on his bed. He spent the time looking at the ceiling and remembering what had happened that day. He sighed several times. Then he raised his hands to his visual range and stared at his left hand. He opened and closed it a few times with the intention that the feeling in his hand by touching Sehun's skin would vanish, but didn't happen. 

Luhan knew that he wasn't some kind of maniac, but he knew he couldn't take remove that feeling. It was as if a thin layer covering his hand and couldn't be removed easily. Since beginning his career as a teacher, many kids were under his tutelage, but no one had ever made ​​him feel those kind of things like Sehun. He couldn't stop thinking about those things, staring at the ceiling. 

On the other hand, Sehun was in a similar situation. His body was under different blankets till cover his neck. A slightly wet towel was on his forehead, which he had to remove it when it got dry, according to the indications of Luhan, who had been there no more than 2 hours ago. Sehun was looking at the ceiling, but his shoulder was experiencing a kind of burning, even with clothes on. The heat he felt wasn't like when you burn yourself or when you heal a wound. No, it was completely different. 

Sehun was promising to himself that he would find the cause of the burning, but deep inside he had his greatest suspicions. Resigned to do nothing, he got up just enough to take a book from his book shelf and got back into his bed, but more inclined at the head of it, to read better. Despite being sick, Sehun enjoyed his stay in the place. He liked the calm sites, and were better when he wanted to read quietly. 

"Of Love and Other Demons" was the book that took in his hands. That was already the 5th or 6th time he was reading that book. He liked the themes that the book talked about, but not the story itself. The book represented the "love" as a demon that can take over a person and cause serious damage. With this, Sehun achieved to consider that in real life. For him, love may well be that demon that would kill him anytime.

 

— "<< Then why do you heal me?>> she asked" –Sehun spoke aloud. "His voice trembled. << Because I love you >>."

 

Without a second's hesitation, Sehun immediately linked that dialogue with what just happened. While he was a student, he had never seen a teacher who cared about his students. Their scores, yes, but never for them. Sehun wanted to discover the reason Luhan did that, but part of him knew it was crazy to worry for something that was irrelevant. Also, it gave him headaches. So he chose to sleep, which also did the owner of his thoughts. 

 

— Are you cold? 

— Just a little. 

— Let me get you a sweater. 

 

Luhan went to a small piece of furniture that was in the corner of his room. Sehun didn't hesitate to approach Luhan and stay crouched to admire him better. Even if in the past he got very irritated for that kind of attitude, now he felt completely relieved that Luhan hadn't changed in all that time. On the other hand, Luhan didn't seemed to get annoyed that Sehun was watching him intently. On the contrary, it produced him a kind of unique heat. 

 

— This... –Sehun grabbed a propelling pencil. 

— Ah, it's pretty, right? I found it in my luggage when I got here. 

— I see... 

 

Sehun left the propelling pencil in place and continued to see the different things Luhan was doing. He was pulling and pulling things out of that piece of furniture while frowning. Sehun smiled nostalgic. It wasn't the first time he saw that Luhan did that. Finally, Luhan found what he wanted and gave it to Sehun with a big smile; the other received it gladly. On his way back to the former place, Sehun put on the sweater given by Luhan. They sat. 

 

— Hey, Sehun. 

— Yes? 

— That propelling pencil... is yours? 

— Huh? No. 

— So you saw it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter