Chapter XIII

The Promise of Oblivion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tears fell from Luhan's eyes. If an analogy was made, might well seem waterfalls. The story told by Sehun before teared him up. "Ignorance is happiness", that was very clear. Luhan wanted not listening such thing; that Sehun and he had fallen in love and happiness was ruined due to the reason why he was in the psychiatric... Nobody deserved to live that...

 

— Sehun, I... I really don't know what to say... -Luhan was still crying.

— You don't have to... -Sehun was standing at the window, crying equally.

— God... -Luhan up his knees and rested his head on them.

 

Tears streamed down both their faces. Suddenly the rain fell slightly through the window. Does the rain was synchronized with what was happening? Who knows. Sehun looked outward and flowers giving off a nice color, created a gray landscape. So gray, that gave him more desire to mourn. He placed his hands on his waist and sighed often. He didn't have the strength to turn to see the opposite.

Something similar was happening to Luhan. He failed wanting to separate him from his own body. It was a great shock to know his life in a few hours. Now what? Could he comeback to the same thing knowing that? Could he really have that rhythm again? Several questions like that were coming, but immediately stopped when he saw Sehun placed in front of him, taking his knees away and hug him.

That hug couldn't be described in words because of its numerous feelings and consequences that were with it. Neither knew if they felt affection, nostalgia, regret, happiness, sadness, grief, distress or a huge desire to be like that forever... But something they did know, that moment wouldn't last forever... And perhaps only a few hours more...

 

 

January had come, and contrary to popular belief, wasn't a good year's beginning for Sehun nor Luhan. The first was showing more concern than the second, although both had excess. Sehun didn't stop at any time to investigate what happened to Luhan. He researched on the internet, libraries, and hospitals testimonies for details of that disease. Everything was new, but one thing was repeated in all sources of information: "no cure".

Sehun's patience was being lost every day. He continued taking classes at home, but couldn't concentrate at all. He tried to show or transmit security to Luhan, but didn't get it at all. Luhan focused on teaching each element he remembered. He didn't want to think about the time he couldn't even give classes because he'll no longer remember anything learned. Simply imagine it caused him chills.

Sehun thought that every second was precious. He would wish that time could be counted in seconds. So he could make the calculation and would be many seconds he has shared with Luhan. To his misfortune, there were minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries and millennia that he didn't want them to exist. The more he thought in time to come, the more he felt bad for living such an atrocity.

 

— Luhan.

— Yes?

— I don't want you to come and teach me.

— What?

— I want to enjoy 100% of the time we're together.

— But Sehun, what will your parents say?

— I don't care what they say. Luhan -Sehun picked up his hands- you said that you'll defend what I like, and I like you, so let's defend what is ours...

— I feel guilty about your future, Sehun.

— I don't know if I will have a future. I'm more interested in the present, and my present is you.

 

Those words spoken by Sehun moved the weak heart of Luhan at the point of making him mourn. Sehun wasted no time and hugged him tightly. The younger felt guilty for having caused those tears, but honestly, the hearts of both at that time were very susceptible to any strong emotion. Not endure. Definitely not endure ...

 

The concern of Sehun increased further when Luhan oversights were most recurrent. It passed to forget small objects and moments into whole pieces and other events. Luhan sometimes spoke about a topic and suddenly didn't say another word. That was making Sehun want to stop time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter