Twenty-Four

Achilie's Heel

Jiyeon's POV

"Jiyeon? Jiyeon!"

I woke up with a bright light shining at me.

"Hyung! Hyung! Jiyeon is finally awake!" 

I heard heavy footsteps run up the stairs and I could tell it was my- Chanyeol.

"Jiyeon, it's been 7 hours and you're finally awake! Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked.

I nodded.

"I have your mom's phone number if you want to call..... and I'm.... I'm... wait Myungsoo where am I going now?"

"Hyu-Hyung you don't remember?"

"Oppa....." Tears brimmed my eyes.

"Right the Hospital! Sorry guys... uhm.... bye...."

What a great start of the day, my brother's alzheimer journey starts now. (Sarcastic)

I wiped my tear away and looked down on my mom's phone number.

"Hey Myungsoo... you should drive my brother... no, Chanyeol.... to the hospital... he might... you know... get lost.... cause he has that......... disease."

He nodded and ran downstairs.

I picked up the piece of paper with my mom's phone number and stared at it.

I tried to reminisce the past but I don't remember anything from the past before age 3.

I grabbed my phone and touched the phone pad.

Should I or should I not.

I decided to call first and regret later.

I quickly dialed the number and waited and waited and waited.

"Hello?" My "mom" had answered her phone.

"Hi." I mentally slapped myself for starting off like this.

"Excuse me but who are you?"

"I'm... Jiyeon... Park Jiyeon."

"No....No...No You can't be!"

"I can be."

"Why are you calling me?"

"Is this the way you're going to treat me after killing..... my mom?!"

"She's not your mom."

"Then who's my mom? Don't expect me to say you because you're not my mom... a mom doesn't leave her child."

"You are my daughter cause I gave birth to you."

I laughed.

"Birth? Birth? , no! If you gave birth to me, you need to stay with me. You're not my mother you're merely a murderer who killed my mother."

"Let me explain, please."

"Explain what?! Explain what after killing my mom? What do you expect from me!? Ughh!" I yelled out of frustration.

Tears started to stream down my face, "What do you expect from me.?!"

"*sigh* just meet up with me at the cafe at Seoul, it's near your elementary school. Let's meet at dinner at 6 today."

"I won't go."

"I'll see you there, and you'll know who I am because I will look EXACTLY like you." She then hung up.

I was left pondering to either leave her there and stay home or go to the cafe and talk to her.

I also wanted to talk to my dad.... "How wonderful you would have been by meeting two woman at the same time." I said to myself.

It was 5:30 and both Myungsoo and Chanyeol came back looking gloomy.

"I'm going to leave now, Dinner is in the fridge." 

"Okay." Chanyeol said and went upstairs.

"Where are you going?" Myungsoo asked.

"I'm going to go to the cafe near our elementary school."

"Who are you going with?" He said sternly.

"My friend."

"You have no friends except me and Chanyeol." He said.

"I have friends. You don't even know." I said angrily, slightly offended.

I added again, "And it's you who made me not have friends." 

He looked hurt but I just walked away.

I ran to the elementary school I used to go and saw the cafe right across from the school.

I remember my mom and my friend's mom would always be there, at the cafe and right after school, a whole bunch of my friends and my brother would always run over to the cafe.

I smiled but wiped it off realizing who I would meet.

I walked into the cafe and scanned the people.

Then I stopped and stared right into those eyes. 

I covered my hands over my mouth, she looked exactly like me.

I could hardly breathe, she really was my mother.

Flashback

7th grade:

"Ahjumma! Tteokbokki please!"

"Here you go. Have a nice meal! Oh! Who's this?"

"My mom! Isn't she pretty?"

"Yes, darling, she looks like a korean actress but she doesn't look like you."

"Uhm Ahjumma please don't-" My mom said but the ahjumma cut her off.

" You must look like your dad then."

"Kind of, but not really." I answered.

"Hmmm mystery, maybe you're adopted, just kidding well have a nice meal."

My mom bowed and dragged me away quickly grabbing the tteokbokki.

"Never come here again." She muttered.

"Ok mom." I said.

It was the first time I saw her like that.

Flashback end. 

What else do I not know?

Are there more secrets?

I saw my biological mother waving me here.

"My you've grown so much." She said.

"Don't act like you care now because you've hurt me by leaving me and killing the person I love most."

"I didn't kill her, someone else did."

Then how come my brother... ughh... Chanyeol accuses you?"

"I honestly don't know but I was at the site where your mother died and I was the one that tried to save her before your father came. They thought it was me because my fingerprint was on her."

"Stop lying."

"I'm not, Jiyeon, that's why I went to court but I had the proven evidence that it was not me. It was a car crash accident.. I've never droven a car before because of my fractured knee ever since I was 13. They would never even let me have a car because government never let me because of this stupid knee."

"She had a cardiac arrest when I found her on the ground and you were staring off into space."

I looked at her with disbelief, "Is that true?"

"I have the video of the time I was at court and they found the car ID but the car was someone else's car and it seemed that it was stolen from another person."

She handed me the video.

"Jiyeon, the killer, murderer, whatever you want to call it, it's still out there, and I can help you find that person."

"How do I know I can trust you."

"Just watch the video and I left because I have a reason."

"What's that reason." I asked.

"Your father took you away from me while I was running away from him. He abused me."

"He abused me too."

My biological mom stood up and came to me and checked my face and hands.

"Where are you hurt?"

"I'm not hurt anymore."

"Jiyeon... I'm your mother.. and I believe you're hurt from a mother's instinct.... you're hurt inside."

"I-I-I I don't know."

"I know because I'm your mom."

"Anyway..." She sat back down.

" When we got married well, he got married before to your brother's mom first then well married me but I guess I was only a toy because he used me and I got you."

"I don't know why but he wanted you and I knew that and tried to run away but he caught me and took you away."

"I've been following you ever since they took you and saw you grow up and that's how I know where you go to school but stopped following you since your mother died because if you possibly found me following you, you would be hurt even more."

"Okay, I'll give you a call tomorrow after I see the video."

"Jiyeon, do you trust me?"

"I trust you, 101%."