Twenty

Achilie's Heel

Jiyeon's POV 

It has been a week since I discharged from the hospital and a week since I knew about Chanyeol's disease.

The funny thing is, I haven't seen Chanyeol losing anything or not remembering anything.

I want to laugh at my life, for being so rotten, insecure, and unfair.

It's like the world hates me, resents me, and wants to torture me and all I can do is just live, and get tortured.

Do I want to die?

Yes, but I won't because the two people I love most depends on me.

They say when you die, all your problems go away.                                                                                      {A/N LOL Kill me, Heal me. Yoseob's quote.}

I want my problems to go away but it seems that problems stick to me as if I'm a magnet.

Myungsoo POV 

I was thinking about my life in the past with Jiyeon.

Then I remebered the dramas I watched with my mother.

How similar they were.

However, most dramas end with a happy ending, will my story end with a happy ending?

Maybe.

I was lost in my thought when my phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

I answered, 

"Is this Kim Myungsoo?"

"Yes."

"He is not dead, he is still alive."

Then the call ended, leaving me dumbfounded.

Jiyeon's father isn't dead?

He's alive?

God is giving him permission to stay alive and stay put in the world?

Is he safe and healthy?

Did he even feel the heat of the fire?

Did he even feel guilty?

Questions popped in my head, but I knew the answer to the last question.

Of course he doen't feel guilty, he's the one that started the fire.

His intention was to kill her.

Does he have a reason for this?

I will find out.

Chanyeol's POV 

My life has changed ever since I knew about my disease.

Knowing about dying isn't bad especially because I don't care.

However as the older twin to a vulnerable sister, I have the will to protect her.

I want to live longer for my sister.

If I get treatment three times a month, I will be able to live up to 3 years max.

This only happens to my family.

First my mother who died to save my sister, then my father who got upset and abused her, then me who will die and abandon her.

We're all circling her and giving her the worst life possible.

Abandoning her, abusing her, treating her like we don't care about her.

Mom and I did, but death will seperate us, but does dad really care?

Then I heard my door squeak open and I saw Myungsoo there.

Tears b against the bottom of his eyes.

"Chanyeol, he's still alive."

What the heck is he talking about?

"Your father."

When he told me that my father is alive, his emotions seemed to kick in as tears overflowed his eyes and gently flowed down his cheeks.

He continued to talk, 

"Just as soon as I thought that everything was going to be alright for a couple of years, I discover that he's alive."

I sighed, and I agreed.

I was going to be alive for 3 year or less and I thought that I could give them happiness for a year and we discover he isn't dead.

"How will I tell Jiyeon this?" Myungsoo's voice rised as he felt unfairness.

Then we heard cries, not from Myungsoo but from Jiyeon who was listening to us talk when Myungsoo first walked in.

There she was trying to keep it in and she finally let it out.

As a brother's instict I knew.

Myungsoo seemed shocked to see her but immediately went to hug her and tell her it's going to be ok.

Both Myungsoo and Jiyeon was crying and the crying atmosphere didn't amuse me.

I clapped in the air when I got a crazy idea.

"Myungsoo, Jiyeon, let's go to lotte world."

They both looked at me as if I went around the world in 5 seconds.

After 5 seconds of my confession,, they went back to hugging and crying.

I rolled my eyes, and dragged them outside.

They cried more.

I pulled them in the back of car as I went in the driver's seat.

They were still crying when they both went back to reality.

"Chanyeol-ah, where are we going?"

"Aiyoo, our Myungyeon couple, we are going to lotte world."

Let's not spend our time crying but let's show the world how happy we can be.

Why?

It's so different... what is it?

The world that I've thought of and the world that I'm living in.

A tear fell down my eye slowly as I thought of the world that I've wished for when I was 4 and how I'm living right now.

Different, it's so different.

Life is different each day but sometimes different isn't good.