Chapter 6

The Way He Stares

 

Alyssa sulked behind everyone. She really didn’t trust these guys anymore. She was thankful for Ginger saying she didn’t want to walk alone with Alyssa back to their hotel. It was a pretty shady area they were walking in. Heechul had made an attempt to speak to Alyssa, but she gave him curt, one word responses. So, he gave up quickly.

Not much was said on the rest of the way back to the heart of New York. Ginger had linked arms with Siwon and Donghae and was singing “We’re off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz.” Alyssa rolled her eyes at this childish act. She loved Ginger to death, but she thought her wife was bipolar. Not twenty minutes earlier Ginger was crying. Now she was laughing and flirting with the man that had made her cry.

Pabo. Alyssa thought. The group was turning into a building. Alyssa noticed the name of the hotel. The Ritz. She smiled to herself. It figured that these guys would stay at one of the, if not the, most recognized hotel in the city. They made their way to the elevator and waited patiently for one to reach the lobby.

The elevator in front of them dinged, and the six of them crowded into the lift. Siwon and Ginger were crowded into the back left corner, Heechul and Donghae were having a cat fight in the back right corner, and Eunhyuk and Alyssa were together closest to the door. It wasn’t an awkward silence between Eunhyuk and Alyssa, but merely a comfortable silence. Heechul and Donghae were hissing at each other and slapping one another’s hand, like caddy girls would. Alyssa glanced back at Siwon and Ginger. Her eyes almost popped out of her head at what she saw. Ginger’s back was up against Siwon’s chest, and Siwon had his arms wrapped around her.

What on earth?! Why is she such a flirt? I’ll have to end up kicking someone’s soon if they hurt her.Alyssa noted mentally. Without her knowledge Eunhyuk had pressed 22 and they were already at that floor. There were just a few rooms on this floor. Alyssa assumed that it was because these were just some of the lavish suites. Immediately she knew what the surprise was going to be.

They stopped at the door to the room at the end of the hall. Siwon was doing a very good job at keeping Ginger occupied. She was going to be in for a huge surprise. Donghae and Heechul temporarily stopped their fighting so Heechul could insert the room key to let them in. The light flashed red and Heechul tried to open the door. He didn’t have luck getting it to open. He just ran into it and looked like a crazy person.

Alyssa couldn’t take it anymore. She smiled and laughed at Heechul’s failure. “You’re not doing it correctly.” She informed him as she swiped the key from his hand. She inserted the key, and with her the light flashed green. She turned the door handle down and opened the door a ways. All the while she was looking back at Heechul.

Ginger was right behind Alyssa as they walked into the room. Both girls turned forward and saw that they were in a foyer. They all piled in and took off their shoes. Alyssa led the way into the main room that was straight ahead and slightly to the right. She stopped suddenly, causing Ginger to run into her. Ginger was about to say something to Alyssa, but then she saw Alyssa’s face. Alyssa’s mouth was in a perfect “o” and her normal big, doe eyes were even larger. Ginger followed her gaze and then had a similar expression on her face. The four guys behind them smiled. They knew their surprise was satisfactory.

There were a few people in the living area. Only two of them Alyssa and Ginger actually saw. If you asked them who all was in that room then, they wouldn’t be able to say. It was as if they were horses and blinders around there eyes. Each of them had tunnel vision.

Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Sungmin were visible at a table by a large window intently staring at their laptop screens. If Alyssa and Ginger were not so star struck they would have been on the floor in tears from laughing. It was a little too obvious that those two were playing Starcraft. Sungmin was wearing pants and a long sleeve button down pajama ensemble that was a medium shade of pink. What was even cuter was that his pajamas had kittens on them.

Alyssa was about to pass out. She had forgotten how to breathe. Her bias was sitting thirty feet from her. Nothing was running through her mind, it had just gone completely blank.

“Hey. Sorry we’re late. Had a little mishap after dinner.” Donghae informed as he made his way over to the couch. For the first time in what seemed like an eternity, but was a measly thirty seconds, Alyssa tore her eyes off of Sungmin and watched Donghae move to the couch. On the couch her eyes came into contact with Leeteuk. I knew they were taking us to meet the other members, but . They are all glorious. I must look like a tart right now with my eyes huge and mouth open. With the realization that was open Alyssa snapped it shut.

Leeteuk started laughing his high pitched laugh as he watched Alyssa close suddenly. As soon as it started Ginger was laughing as hard that she fell to the ground with a slight bang. Youtube videos were one thing when it came to his laugh, but it was quite another thing to witness it firsthand. It was too much for Ginger to handle. Her ribs were on fire, her abs hurt, her cheeks hurt, and she couldn’t breathe. He was the most precious thing on the face of this earth.

Alyssa had started laughing while Leeteuk laughed, but she was still in a slight state of shock to really laugh. Her best friend on the other hand, she was out of her mind. They were probably all thinking she needed to get help. Hell, even she thought Ginger needed help right now. Alyssa wasn’t saying anything, so she probably just looked like a mute to them. At least Ginger made noise.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin looked up from their videogame trance when they heard a stranger’s laugh and a bang. Ginger had made a complete fool out of herself, but if Leeteuk laughs, it’s difficult not to laugh yourself. Alyssa turned to look at Ginger, and then looked toward the window. That was probably a mistake on Alyssa’s part. Her gaze came into contact with Sungmin’s gaze. She immediately started to blush and had to look away. Alyssa was never shy around new people. She wasn’t shy around Heechul, Eunhyuk, Donghae, or Siwon, but Sungmin was a different story.

Alyssa loved Sungmin’s voice. Every other fan is drawn to Ryeowook, Yesung, or Kyuhyun because of their voices, but she was drawn to Sungmin’s. Most fans overlook Sungmin when they fangirl over the Super Junior members. Alyssa was drawn to the fact that he is overlooked, in a sense she can relate to that. There was more than one time that Alyssa had thought about leaving and never coming back, and it was Sungmin’s smile that kept her holding on. His smile made her whole outlook on life brighter. She couldn’t get enough of his cuteness. He was always cute and y at the same time. Him sitting in the chair with his pink kitten pajamas on with a smile on his face was just too much. She could have died then and there she was so happy.

Ginger had mostly composed herself, but she remained on the floor. She watched as Alyssa and Sungmin met eyes. Both looked away bashfully. Ginger couldn’t help but smile like a goon at her best friend’s happiness. There was never a moment that Alyssa had looked happier.

Siwon stepped forward. “Ginger and Alyssa, this is Leeteuk, Kyuhyun, and Sungmin. Guys, these are the girls Heechul picked up.” Laughter erupted from the room when it was put into actual words that Heechul picked up Alyssa and Ginger. It was the honest to god truth, even if it did sound super weird. “Where is everyone else?” he asked, perplexed.

“They all went to bed. Dude, it’s 3:30 in the morning.” Leeteuk replied.

Sungmin had stood up and moved his way to where Alyssa and Ginger stood. “Annyeonghaseyo.”

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Alyssa said.

Ginger knew he was just talking to Alyssa so she just stepped to the side. It was true; Sungmin’s voice did go up higher when he was talking to a girl. Ginger was trying to suppress sniggers. Alyssa turned and glared. Ginger covered up her sniggers with coughing. All of those years of making her parents believe she was “sick” in high school paid off.

Alyssa’s eye kept flitting back to Sungmin. He was really there, and he was even hotter in person. She wanted to just attack him right then and now. She had to constrain herself though. She didn’t want to be arrested for battery before she even had a conversation with the man of her dreams. They had only said one word to each other and that almost defeated them. Alyssa was determined to have a conversation with Sungmin tonight. She didn’t care if that meant she was up until six in the morning or if she died after the conversation. She was going to get what she wanted.