Chapter 10

The Way He Stares

 

In a split second Ginger whipped out her phone so if Sungmin and Alyssa did kiss there would be proof. Even in Ginger’s drunken state she thought about her best friend. Out of the dynamic duo Ginger was the most experienced with guys. She had done pretty much everything with a guy before, so she knew what to do if an opportunity presented itself. Alyssa on the other hand was quite oblivious to these things. Sure, she was in med school, she knew the mechanics of , but there had never been a time where such actions were executed.

In Ginger’s instant decision she flung her arms around and smacked Kyuhyun in the face. She didn’t even feel her hand connect with the maknae’s skin. Much like when Ginger fell off of a tree and smacked Alyssa’s chest with her hand as she fell backward to the ground. Ginger had crawled forward to get a better view of Alyssa and Sungmin. Kyuhyun pulled Ginger onto his lap.

“Kyu! Let me go.” Ginger protested as she squirmed to get out of his grip.

“If you keep doing that I really won’t let go.” Kyuhyun hissed in Ginger’s ear.

Ginger stilled at his comment. An almost inaudible groan came from the man that had his arms s around her waist. Ginger glanced to Alyssa and Sungmin. Sungmin was lightly pressing his lips to Alyssa’s.

“ing hell, Kyuhyun!” Ginger smacked his shoulder. “You made me miss the beginning of their kiss!”

Kyuhyun simply took Ginger’s chin in his hand and turned her head to a completely different scene. Ginger’s mouth unceremoniously dropped open. In front of her was her best friend straddling Sungmin as he sat with his back against the wall.

Alyssa and Sungmin were fighting for dominance in this heated kiss. Alyssa’s hands rested on Sungmin’s shoulders to steady herself. She was becoming increasingly light headed. Probably due to the lack of oxygen, but she didn’t want this moment to end. Ginger was right; everything just came naturally to Alyssa. Sungmin detached his lips from Alyssa’s only to find their way to her neck. The sensation sent butterflies through Alyssa’s whole body, and she let out an involuntary gasp. Both of them had forgotten about the others in the room. They had created their own passionate world they could disappear into.

Ginger had to tear her eyes away. She felt like she was invading their private moments. She took this time to look around at the boys surrounding her. Eunhyuk let pain show only through his eyes. He let out a soft sigh of defeat. I knew it! He does like her! Ginger mentally noted. Heechul was whimpering quietly as he clutched the sleeve of Eunhyuk’s long sleeve shirt. He obviously wanted to be Sungmin. Ginger rolled her eyes. She knew that if Hankyung were there then Heechul would not have cared that Sungmin and Alyssa were making out. Being the adorable gentlemen they were, Donghae and Siwon had turned their attention to the TV that was now on.

Kyuhyun was slightly jealous of his good friend. He wanted to be doing the same things with Ginger. So, he initiated it. He pulled Ginger’s hair to one side and started kissing and nipping at her neck. Ginger sighed. It had been a while since a guy had paid attention to her. It was a nice feeling, and one that she dearly missed. She leaned back into Kyuhyun’s chest in content, and it gave him more access to her slender neck.

“My room?” he whispered.

“Mhm.” Was all Ginger could manage out of . They stood up and made their way to the room Ginger slept in the night before. She giggled as Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around her waist to steady her. Being drunk and walking was a small challenge for the natural blonde. They thought no one noticed as they disappeared into the room. They also thought that no one heard the click of the door being locked.

A few minutes later Alyssa and Sungmin somehow detached. Both were breathing heavily. Alyssa’s clothes were rumpled, and Sungmin’s hair was messed up. Alyssa’s hands had done a nice job in entwining in Sungmin’s hair and thoroughly mussing it. Alyssa glanced around to everyone else. To her surprise she found everyone watching TV and not sitting in the two lines as before. Her best friend was nowhere in the living room though.

“Where’s Ginger?” Alyssa questioned.

“Kyu’s room.” Heechul replied without taking his gaze away from the TV.

How the hell could I have missed that one?Oh, wait. I was too focused on Sungmin to care. Alyssa thought. I really need to stop thinking about him, this blush is getting annoying as . Okay, focus Alyssa! Why is Ginger… She was interrupted by the sound of sobbing and a door banging against the wall. Everyone jumped at the abrupt disturbance of the quiet that had enveloped the hotel suite.

Yesung flailed into the main room with tears streaming down his flawless face. He was speaking incoherently between his sobs. The scene in front of Alyssa broke her heart. Why was Yesung crying? What could she do to help him?

“Yobo! What’s wrong? Tell Heechul everything.” Heechul said, jumping up to Yesung and putting his arm around his dongsaeng.

“It’s…it’s Ddangkkoma.” Yesung managed to say.

“What about him?” Heechul was now rubbing circles on Yesung’s back.

“He’s sick!” After he announced that he broke down into hysterics. It was a good fifteen minutes that Yesung cried into Heechul’s chest. The elder just held hi dongsaeng and waited for the tears to subside.

When Yesung’s sobs here reduced to hiccups Ginger and Kyuhyun reemerged from his room. Ginger was desperately trying to fix her messed up hair. Ginger saw Yesung in Heechul’s arms, obviously distraught over something. Soon enough she found Alyssa’s gaze.

“What’s wrong with Yesung?” Ginger whispered in Alyssa’s ear.

“His turtle is sick” Alyssa whispered back. She wasn’t quiet enough though. Yesung had overheard Alyssa tell Ginger what was wrong and he started to cry again.

“.” Alyssa said out loud to herself.

“I knew he loved turtles, but damn. He’s obsessed.” Ginger said under her breath.

Kyuhyun groaned. “We stopped for this?”

“Quit being an insensitive , Kyuhyun! Your hyung is upset. It should be part of your responsibility to help him feel better.” Ginger said hardening her glare at the man standing next to her.

“Yesung, is there anything you would like me to make you?” Ginger asked now focusing her attention on the saddened man. “My specialty is making cupcakes.” She informed him.

“That would be nice. Thank you, Ginger.” Yesung responded with a forced smile.

“Anytime.” Ginger said as she caressed his check before walking into the kitchen to start making cupcakes.

“Why you no work you piece of ?” Alyssa suddenly called out.

“What are you doing?” Eunhyuk asked leaning over the back of the couch to see Alyssa.

“Hold on.” She told Eunhyuk and she went back to focusing her attention on her phone. “You little er! Why won’t you work? Seriously!” Alyssa proceeded to hit her phone repeatedly in hopes that that would get it to work. It had never worked for her before, so what possessed Alyssa to think it would work this time is still a mystery.