Chapter 16

The Way He Stares

 

“What are you doing?” Kyuhyun asked as he stepped out of his room he was sharing with Sungmin.

“I’m trying to convince Ginger in staying here with us.” Leeteuk responded matter-of-factly.

“Is she going somewhere?”

I am going to go home. I’ve had enough of New York and I’m ready to go back to work.” Ginger piped in, still sitting on the floor like a first grader.

“I never pegged you for someone who runs away from their problems. You looked tougher than that.” Kyuhyun said, rolling his eyes. In general, just being a huge . Nothing out of the ordinary for the evil maknae.

“Yah! I never asked to be called a and a by my best friend.” Ginger started yelling at Kyuhyun as she stood up from the floor. “What if Leeteuk said to you one day that you were a useless member of Super Junior and no one liked you. How would you react?” Angry tears were now flowing freely from Ginger’s eyes.

“One thing is for sure. I wouldn’t be crying over my problems.”

The words had barely left Kyuhyun’s mouth as a resounding smack was heard throughout the hotel suite. Ginger had slapped him. She had never slapped someone before, and her hand was stinging a considerable amount, but she didn’t care. Kyuhyun deserved that.

“Are you ing kidding me? You slapped me? Are you out of your mind?” Kyuhyun yelled, finally finding his voice. His anger was apparent, not only because of him yelling, but because his hands were balled into fists and he took a menacing step towards Ginger.

“I’m not scared of you. Slap me, I deserve it. I dare you. And to think a person like you was ever my bias in Super Junior. It’s people like you that make me hate the human population. All you can ever do is think about yourself and your looks. Have you ever really thought about someone else, Kyuhyun?” Ginger paused. “No? Figures. So, you know what? I am going to go pack my things and leave New York. I am clearly not wanted here, nor do I want to be here any longer.”

“I…I…I was y-your bias?” Kyuhyun stuttered out.

Ginger turned around in the doorway of the room her stuff was in to look at Kyuhyun. However, she had to slightly lean around Teukie, who was just standing their preparing to take a blow from Kyuhyun if he decided to hurt Ginger.

“As a matter of fact you were, but you never gave me the time of day. So, you got beat out by someone else.”

“Oh who? Holier than thou, Shisus?”

“As a matter of fact, yes. If you must really know everything.”

These two were having such an intense screaming match that they didn’t realize that Shindong, Yesung, Ryeowook, and Eunhyuk were all gathered in the hallway watching the spectacle. Neither did those two hear the door opening to let in Alyssa and Siwon. Leeteuk was pretty much invisible between Kyuhyun and Ginger. His head was going back and forth from Kyuhyun to Ginger and back again. His head was a human ping pong ball.

After a few more minutes of pointless screaming about meaningless things, mainly videogames, Kyuhyun and Ginger just settled for intensely glaring at each other. That was when Alyssa decided to speak up.

“Ginger, can I talk to you?”

“WHAT?!” Ginger yelled, snapping her attention to Alyssa. A murderous hint in her eyes. Alyssa slightly coward away from Ginger’s gaze, but this was something she needed to say now before Ginger left New York. However, it wasn’t her best choice. It was never a good thing to try and discuss things with Ginger when she was mad.

“I’msorry.” Alyssa barely whispered.

“What did you say?” Ginger asked, her voice going in the direction of normal, but she was still livid.

Alyssa took a deep breath before continuing. “I said that I am sorry. I shouldn’t have said those things to you. I didn’t mean them. I was just mad. I should have figured out what was going on before I jumped to conclusions.”

“Ya think?”

“Well, I wasn’t then. But Sungmin told me what you guys were talking about, and instantly I felt horrible. How can I make it up to you?”

“I don’t know. I’m still pretty pissed off. And it doesn’t help that Kyuhyun is annoying the out of me now.” Ginger turned her glare to Kyuhyun once again.

“How about we just all sleep on what happened today. Tomorrow is a new day that we can start fresh. Let’s get going to bed.” Leeteuk finally said, acting like a total eomma.

“Yes, eomma Teukie.” Came the responses from the ones in the hallway. They were still lingering around, hoping something eventful would happen. They were upset that they had just missed the slap. They trudged back to their rooms to get to bed.

“That means you too, Kyuhyun-ah.” Leetuek said as he practically herded Kyuhyun back into his room and effectively hiding Ginger from his line of view.

That was when Ginger then decided to direct her attention once again to Alyssa. A simple apology was not going to cut it this time. There was something more that needed to be done to remedy this predicament. What that something was, Ginger was not entirely sure on that yet. She was sure to come up with something soon.

“I really am sorry, Ginger.” Alyssa said, looking at the floor.

“I forgive you,” Ginger sighed. “But I can’t let this go Lyssa. This was the worst fight we have ever had. You said some really hurtful things to me.” Ginger walked into the room her and Alyssa’s things were in and sat on the bed.

“Can we just start over? I don’t want to lose my best friend. You know I don’t have many people I can confide in, and you are my number one person.”

“You sound like Cristina from Grey’s Anatomy. She always tells Meredith that Meredith is her person.” Ginger smiled softly.

Alyssa smiled at Ginger’s smile. “So what was that fight with Kyuhyun about?”

“He was just being an , like normal since he’s the evil maknae. I swear, I don’t think anyone has infuriated me that fast before upon meeting them. And to think he was my bias for the longest time.”

“I told you he was bad.”

“Yeah, yeah. Well, we never thought that we would meet them either, huh? And look how that turned out. We’re spending the night, once again, with Super Junior.”

Alyssa merely smirked at Ginger’s last remark.

“Oh come on!!! I’m not being erted. Get your mind out of the gutter, woman! Aish. I can’t do anything with you.” At that moment Ginger’s stomach decided to let Alyssa know that it was hungry.

“Did you eat anything?” Alyssa asked, worriedly glancing at Ginger.

“Aniya. I ran out of the hotel to Central Park, and then I came back here. Argued with Leeteuk for a little while because he wouldn’t let me leave. Had a screaming match with Kyuhyun, and now I’m here talking to you.” Ginger listed the things off with her fingers.

“Come on.” Alyssa said, pulling Ginger off of the bed and towards the hallway.

“Where are we going?”

“We are going to get Ryeowook to make us some food since Heechul, Donghae, and Sungmin probably won’t bring back leftovers from Craft. I hardly ate when I was there, so I’m hungry too.”

Alyssa stopped in front of the YeWook door and knocked.

“Ne?” a voice came from the other side of the door.

Alyssa pushed Ginger closer to the door. “You’re better at acting cute and getting guys to do things for you. So work your magic.” Alyssa hissed.

Ginger stood there for a second with a confused look on her face. “Um…Ryeowook-oppa, could you make some food for Alyssa and me? We’re hungry and you’re such a good cook. Jebal?” At the end, Ginger’s flirty side came out. She looked so cute with her hands clasped in front of her while slightly leaning towards the door. She was reminding Alyssa of Sungmin, to be quite honest.

Ryeowook opened the door wearing sweatpants and a tight fitting v-neck shirt. “Wae?”

“Oppa, jebal?” Ginger slightly pouted. Alyssa noticed that her voice was going up slightly.

“Aish. Arraso. Since I can’t say no to a face like that.”

“Yay! Kamsahabnida!” Ginger said happily as she hugged Ryeowook. It was a slightly awkward hug since she was taller than Ryeowook. Ginger happily skipped out of the hallway and towards the living room to sit with Siwon.

“I’ll help you.” Alyssa chimed in looking down the hall where Ginger had disappeared.

“Thanks.” Ryeowook replied and started walking to the kitchen.

Ryeowook started pulling things out to make ramen. Alyssa cut up the things he would give her. Even thought she wasn’t a great cook, the two made a good team. They didn’t really have to say anything. It was as if each of them knew what the other was thinking, and that was what made them work in perfect harmony.

 

A/N: Apparently I already had this typed out....so I thought I would upload it for you. I have yet to start the next chapter. Maybe sometime next weekend I can start it. I have tests to study for. Sorry. :(