Chapter 11

The Way He Stares

 

Alyssa was so frustrated with her phone that she threw it across the room. Luckily this time there was no damage done to it. The last time Alyssa decided to throw her phone it hit her headboard and cracked the screen. She moved towards Sungmin who now sat in an overstuffed arm chair. He opened his arms welcomingly to Alyssa as she approached. She sat down in his lap and cuddled with him. His arms were like a protective barrier against the rest of the world.

Alyssa opened her eyes and wondered why her neck was so stiff. She looked around at her surroundings. All of the guys were in a heap in the middle of the floor. Random limbs hung out of the pile, and Alyssa didn’t know which one belonged to which superstar. Alyssa felt something weird against her chest. She chanced a glance down and saw it was Sungmin. His pillow that night had been Alyssa’s s. She only grinned. It was odd that her anxiety was not getting the best of her. Last night was understandable; the alcohol had made her care-free as well as anxiety-free. Alyssa saw that Ginger was lying on the couch. She was face down in one of the pillows.

“Ginger!” Alyssa somewhat shrieked. She clamored out of Sungmin’s lap to get to her best friend. “Ginger! Wake up!” She was saying loudly as she shook Ginger.

“Hmm?” Ginger mumbled. She was clearly annoyed at being woken up.

“Get up.”

“Why?” Ginger mumbled. Clearly still not awake.

“You were laying face down in the pillow.”

“So?”

“So, I thought you were dead!”

“I’m not. I’m going back to sleep now.”

Alyssa now heard the groans of the guys behind her. “Yesung! Stop it.” Came a cry from the pile of guys. “Seriously! I’m going to punch you.”

“Shut the up!” Ginger yelled. She sat up and swung her legs over the side of the couch. Her intentions were to go to Kyuhyun’s room and sleep. However, her stomach had other plans. Ginger ran to the bathroom and arrived there just in time. Whatever little content Ginger’s stomach was housing was now going to find its way to the sewage system of New York City. She sat against the wall. The cool tile making her heated skin feel a little better.

A knock came from the door. “Ginger are you okay?” Alyssa’s voice floated to Ginger’s ears.

“No.” Then Ginger started to cry.

Alyssa opened the door to allow herself into the bathroom. “Shh. It’s going to okay. We just won’t drink anymore, okay?” She put an arm around the hung-over girl slumped on the floor. “Can you walk back to one of the rooms?”

“I think so.” Ginger meekly replied. Trails of dried tears stained her face.

When Ginger was snuggly tucked into a bed Alyssa left her alone. She went to face the guys that gathered in the kitchen. Most of them nursing cups of coffee to try and get rid of their hangovers.

“I’m gonna stay here with Ginger for the day.” Alyssa informed them.

“Sounds fine.” Yesung replied. They started to get ready for their schedules for their last day in New York.

When the last of the boys left the hotel room Alyssa started to make Ginger some tea since she knew how much Ginger loathed coffee. Alyssa was glad for the privacy now. Her and Ginger could fangirl over the past couple of days. The last time they fangirled was at SM Town Live. That was far too long for either of them. Typically they would do that multiple times a day.

Alyssa picked up a couple of Ginger’s mini cupcakes she made last night. Even if Ginger was drunk she made some of the best cupcakes. Alyssa was hoping Ginger would be able to eat something.

“Ginger, here’s some tea.”

“Thanks, Lyssa.” Ginger said sitting up to take the tea.

“I got a couple cupcakes, if you wanted to eat something.”

“Ugh. Just thinking of food is making me nauseous.”

“Sorry.” Alyssa apologized and quickly put the cupcakes in to get them out of Ginger’s sight.

“Pabo. You didn’t have to do that.” Ginger laughed. “You’re going to choke.”

“Mm…fnn.” Alyssa said with full. Ginger started laughing.

“Good to know you’re fnn.”

“Chut up!”

“Go back to China.”

“I wish I could! However, I’d much prefer to go to South Korea.”

“That’s a no brainer.”

“So how did you like kissing Sungmin?” Ginger teased.

“I liked it a lot actually.”

“Did it come naturally like I said?”

“Yes, Ginger. You were right all along.”

“Thank you very much.”

“Oh, get off your high horse there, Princess Ginger.”

“Hey now! Prince Siwon placed me here, and this is where I’ll stay.” Ginger sat up a little bit straighter.

“Well you downgraded from Shisus to the Devil.” Alyssa laughed.

“Oh, God. Please don’t remind me of that!”

“Why not?”

“Because I just want to be with him again. Last night was…how should I put it? Heavenly isn’t the correct word, but it’s the only one sticking out in my mind.”

“And you call me pabo?”

“Yeah, yeah. Enough about me. Are you going to hook up with Sungmin tonight?”

“ert! No, I’m not going to do that.”

“Oh come on! You know you want to. Or even with Heechul.” Ginger winked. “That boy is in love with you. At least kiss the poor boy.”

“But it’s Heechul!”

“So? You would like kissing him, so don’t even try to start all that bull.”

Alyssa just pouted. Yet again Ginger was right. She was always right when it came to other people that she wasn’t interested in. When it came to guys for Ginger Alyssa was always right.

“I don’t think you should spend quality time with Kyuhyun anymore.” Alyssa suggested. She was preparing for Ginger to snap and bite her head off.

“Why do you think that?” A befuddled expression crossed Ginger’s face.

“He just looks at you like you’re a piece of meat, and nothing more.” Alyssa started. “I also have a question for you.”

“Shoot.”

“Have you talked about your religion with Siwon?”

“A little, why?

“I’m pretty sure that poor boy is falling for Satan’s mistress.”

Ginger just rolled her eyes in response. “I feel gross. Can we go back to our hotel and shower and get clothes?”

“Yeah. I was hoping you wanted to do that.”

The girls took their time getting to the lobby. Then they hailed a taxi and went to their hotel. Each of them showered and freshened up. Ginger was feeling a little hungry, and she said she wanted pizza. An odd desire coming from a girl that never ate the day she was hung-over. They walked to a small, family owned pizza restaurant at the corner by the hotel.

The remainder of the day was spent on the bed with Alyssa’s laptop between them. Juliette started playing from Ginger’s phone around 5PM. The caller ID said “Unknown”.

“Hello?” Ginger answered instinctually in English. All she heard on the other line was Korean. “Annyeong?”

“Where are you two?” Came Siwon’s voice. He sounded rather worried.

“Umm, at our hotel room. Why?”

“Why did you leave and not tell any of us? We’ve been frantic in trying to find both of you.”

“Yeobo, everything is alright. We’re both fine. We just wanted to shower and change clothes.”

“We’re coming to get you guys.”

“Why are you doing that?”

“Because we want to spend another night with both of you. You and Alyssa are fun.”

“Fine. Are we going out anywhere?”

“Maybe. So just bring everything you have.”

“I suppose.”

“See you in a few minutes.” And with that Siwon hung up.

“Which one of them was it?” Alyssa asked.

“Siwon. We’ll be leaving soon. He told us to bring everything with us.”

“What are we going to do?”

“He wouldn’t say anything. So I have no clue.”

The girls spent the next ten minutes packing their belongings that were strewn around the hotel room and the bathroom and putting on their makeup. They didn’t care if they looked ugly for each other, but for the supermegafoxyawesomehot guys of Super Junior they had to look simply amazing.

A knock came from the other side of the door. Ginger was in the middle of putting on her mascara. She would have been done if Alyssa hadn’t insisted on doing her makeup first and taking five centuries to finish it. Alyssa was in the middle of doing absolutely nothing. She was just sprawled out on the bed. How someone that was so small and could take up the whole bed was something Ginger could not wrap her mind around.

“Alyssa, get the door, and stop being such a lazy !” Ginger yelled as she went back to applying her mascara.

“Yes, Princess Key. As you wish.” Alyssa mocked a bow and walked to the door. Alyssa opened the door to find Siwon standing in front of her.

“Hey, Alyssa.” He smiled. As soon as the words left his lips someone was shoving him out of the way.

Sungmin was the culprit in pushing Siwon away. In one swift motion Sungmin captured Alyssa’s lips in his. Making both of them stumble back into the room.