Chapter 18

The Way He Stares

 

“I’m game.” Ginger said without a moment’s thought about the situation.

“YAH! Do you have any idea what you’re getting yourself into?” Alyssa questioned her friend’s sanity.

“Not really, but that’s kind of the fun in it. Going someplace you’ve never been to before with people you just kinda met.”

“It sounds like this story is going to end in a .”

“Well if it’s from someone in this hotel suite then it won’t be because it’s willing.” Ginger broke out into a grin. She found herself to be pretty funny at times.

“Pabo. You’re lucky none of the other pabos know what we’re saying right now. We’re talking too fast for them to follow our English.” Alyssa pointed out. Ginger turned in her chair to look at the members in the doorway. All had dumbfounded expressions on their faces.

“Maybe we should talk in English more around them.” Ginger suggested, liking the dumb looks on their faces.

“Nah, because then they’d start to understand what we were saying.” Alyssa stated.

“Oh yeah. Makes sense. Good thing you’re a smart one.”

“Aish! Can you guys just speak in Korean already? My head is starting to hurt trying to figure out what you guys are saying.” Heechul whined, rubbing his temples in an attempt to relieve the pain that was forming in his skull.

“Are you happy now, you big baby.” Alyssa asked, adding the last part softly, under her breath.

“Yes, and I heard that. Now if you excuse me, Cinderella needs to get her beauty sleep.” Heechul then turned around and slinked back to the room he was occupying.

“You know, you never answered the question.” Leeteuk stated, blocking the door so Alyssa couldn’t leave.

“I was hoping you would have missed that fact.” Alyssa said sheepishly, looking down at her socks.

“I’m the leader, nothing really passes me by.”

“Kanda. Annyeong!” Ginger suddenly said. She stood up, walked past Leeteuk, grabbed Siwon’s hand and left the little kitchen.

“So what is your answer?” Leeteuk asked, his gaze never faltering from Alyssa.

“I guess I’ll go too. Someone needs to look after Ginger so she doesn’t get herself into trouble. She’s quite the trouble maker.”

“I don’t really like the reason why you’re going, but I’ll take it.” And with that Leeteuk went to bed as well. No goodnight, no bye, no see you tomorrow, no nothing. Which seemed very unusual for him.

After a few hours Leeteuk’s voice could be heard throughout the hotel suite. He was trying to get everyone up to get ready to leave. Alyssa stirred at the noise, but decided to ignore it and fall back asleep.

“Yah! Get up!” Ginger said as she opened the door to the room they had shared that night. Seeing no movement from Alyssa, Ginger decided to run and jump on the bed.

“Ow! That was my leg you idiot.”

“Hehe, sorry. But you need to wake up and get ready. We’re leaving in half an hour.”

“What about all of our stuff back in Chicago?”

“Don’t worry, Lindsay is going to pack it all and ship it to us. I already talked to her like an hour or so ago.”

“Fine. I’ll get up; just get out of here so I can change.”

“Oh please, we change in the same room all the time. Also, I’m not leaving until I know you are actually up. I am not going to miss this plane to Korea because of you.”

“Alright, alright. I’m up, okay?” Alyssa got out of bed and stood next to it to appease her nagging wife.

“Now go get dressed and pack your things.” With that, Ginger left the room to do only God knows what. Probably bossing Heechul around to pack his things up too.

Alyssa and Ginger went with Siwon’s manager to the airport before everyone else. It was an awkward silence on the way to JFK International Airport. The taxi arrived at the airport just in time. Alyssa was about to go crazy from the awkwardness within the car. Their luggage was unloaded and they all walked into the airport to check in. This was one time that Ginger was glad for her over-packing problem. She had a few more outfits to choose from while she and Alyssa waited for their belongings from Chicago.

Checking in and security was boring and slow, but that’s what you get in a large airport. However, Alyssa got pulled to the side in security. She really did have the worst luck when it came to security. Ginger just laughed at her best friend’s misfortune, which earned her a harsh slap on the arm.

As they sat down at their gate Siwon sent Ginger a message on Kakao that they were leaving the hotel.

Good luck, there was a bunch of fans outside when we left, probably more are there now.

Hopefully not that many at the airport.

Very unlikely. There was a crowd forming when we got here. We were worried about Manager-nim getting recognized. But he didn’t.

That’s good. See you soon. Kanda.

Alyssa and Ginger decided to kill some time by wandering around the airport shops. Ginger bought a few magazines and a book, while Alyssa bought some snacks. Luckily both of them had their laptops to occupy their time on the plane, but then again both of them were pretty much attached to their laptops. By the time Alyssa and Ginger got back with their purchases and their Starbucks drinks all of SM seemed to be there. Ginger sat down and couldn’t tear her eyes away from Jonghyun and Minho. Alyssa couldn’t keep her eyes off of Onew, her lovable derp.

Sungmin saw Alyssa staring at Onew and got a little jealous. He mustered up as much aegyo as he could and gallivanted towards Alyssa.

“Alyssaaaaaaah!” Sungmin half shouted. “Did you buy me food?” As he eyed what was in her bags.

“Aniya. That’s for me and Ginger. Get your own food.”

“That’s my man!” Someone yelled in English. Alyssa snapped her head around to see what was going on. There was Key in front of Ginger. Her eyes were cast downwards, but there was a smile that tugged at her lips.

“Mianhaeyo.” She replied softly. Alyssa knew she was trying her best not to laugh at the fact that JongKey was real. Key just proved that fact.

“Whoa, you know Korean?” Key asked, resorting back to his native language.

“Yes. Both me and my best friend speak It fluently.” Ginger said as she pointed to Alyssa, who was still standing with Sungmin.

“Oh! So you’re the girls Kyuhyun was complaining about.”

“He was complaining about us?”

“Yeah, that you guys interrupted his game with Sungmin the other night.”

“I’m sure I could beat him at his game.” Ginger replied smugly. 

“We’ll see about that.” Kyuhyun interjected as he handed Ginger a laptop.

“Anyways, what a freak. Kyuhyun is seriously a pabo.” Key gossiped. Which made Ginger laugh. “So, I saw that you were looking at Jonghyungie-hyung.”

“Yeah, he’s my favorite in Shinee, and then it’s Minho.” Key slightly pouted at that. “But you were my second favorite in Hello Baby.”

“You watched that?”

“Yeah. That was my favorite season.”

“Daebak!”

Ginger and Key chatted for a little bit longer. Until Taemin wanted Key’s help with something unknown to either Key or Ginger.

“Yah! Are you even listening to me?” Sungmin asked Alyssa.

“Aniyo.” Alyssa replied and then walked over to Ginger as Key walked off.

“What was that all about?” Alyssa asked as she nodded her head over in Key’s direction.

“Oh, that? He just caught me staring at Jonghyun. I just can’t help it. It’s so good looking.” Both of them laughed at that very true statement.

The lady by the gate announced that they were beginning to board the plane. So naturally, everyone that was going to be on that flight to Korea stood up, even if they were in the very back of the plane and getting on last.

“Where are you sitting?” Alyssa asked Ginger.

“5B. How about you?”

“7A.”

 

 

A/N: I can finally write some more!! I'm out of school for the summer. So yeah. Sorry about the long gap in between chapters, but this semester has been super stressful. But it's all over. Comment :) They keep me inspired. <3