Chapter 17

The Way He Stares

 

Fifteen minutes later the ramen was done. Alyssa went to get Ginger so they could eat. She came to the site of Ginger sleeping on the couch. Siwon had left her there a few minutes before. He didn’t want to disturb her, and he knew that her food would be ready soon. Alyssa, being the lovely friend she was, decided to continuously poke Ginger’s cheek until she woke up. She was at it for two minutes straight before Ginger opened her eyes. Her glare could have killed Alyssa if looks could kill.

“Yah! Leave me alone.”

“Aniyo. Ramen is ready.”

“Fine.” Ginger reluctantly agreed due to her stomach deciding to make itself known.

They sat down in the small kitchen to eat their ramen. Both stayed quiet, eating their ramen, and lost in thought. Alyssa didn’t really know what to say. She didn’t know if Ginger was still mad at her or not. So she just thought it would be better to stay quiet and let Ginger talk to her when she was ready.

“So…” Ginger started. Alyssa glanced up at her best friend. “How are things with you and Sungmin?”

“They’re alright I guess. He was pretty mad that I started that fight though. He was kind of pissed that I potentially ruined our friendship. Then he got kinda protective again when Siwon said something later on at dinner.” Alyssa recalled. She didn’t think though. She hadn’t wanted to tell Ginger what Siwon had said to her.

“What did he say to you?”

“Oh, it was nothing really.”

“Sungmin wouldn’t have gotten all protective over nothing. Now tell me, what did he say?”

Alyssa let out a loud sigh. She really had dug herself into a hole now. She didn’t want to tell Ginger what was said at Craft. She just wished now that she could rewind the whole night so none of this would be happening. Alyssa let out another sigh.

“Usachan!” Ginger shouted. Alyssa cringed at that name. She hated being called that since everyone with it.

“Yes?” She hesitantly replied.

“Answer my question! What did Siwon say to you?”

“He said that I was a terrible best friend.”

“Shisus said that?”

“Yeah. He sure did.”

“Wow. I never would have expected him to say something like that.”

“It’s because he’s in love with you.”

“You say that about pretty much every guy I talk to a lot. He doesn’t love me.”

“Okay, he doesn’t love you, but he really likes you. He confessed at the restaurant.”

“Wow…” Ginger started. “Sungmin was right then. I thought that Sungmin was just saying because I told him that you really liked him.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I mean, I told Sungmin that you were a Vitamin, and I thought he was just saying a random person that liked me because I told him something similar. If that makes sense?”

“I guess it does…” Alyssa said. She was so used to Ginger’s logic that she understood what she was getting at. Who knows what other person would understand what Ginger just rambled out.

“Wait a second,” Alyssa said, her eyes opening wide. “YOU TOLD SUNGMIN I LIKE HIM?! WHAT THE HELL!!”

“Calm down, calm down. My intentions were good.” Ginger said. She gave a ridiculous smile that Alyssa could help but to smile back at.

“What is all this noise?” Heechul said from the entryway to the kitchen. He was standing there in gray sweatpants and his pink nightdress-as-a-shirt rubbing his eyes. Obviously he had just been woken up, and he was not too happy about that.

“Mianhae.” Alyssa said, looking up at Heechul with apologetic eyes.

“We leave early in the morning, what are you guys not sleeping?” He asked.

“Sorry, we forgot that you all were leaving tomorrow, well today technically.” Alyssa said as she glanced over at the clock.

“You’re leaving too.” Heechul said.

“Yeah, we’re leaving too, but our plane isn’t until two in the afternoon.” Ginger said.

Heechul started to laugh. Ginger and Alyssa were really confused as to what was so funny. They both came to the conclusion that he was delusional because he hadn’t gotten enough beauty sleep.

“Heechul! Yah! You ruin everything.” Leeteuk said, also standing in the entryway.

“Okay, what is going on?” Ginger asked. Her head was starting to hurt from all of this nonsense.

“We were going to surprise both of you in the morning with tickets to come back to Seoul with us.” Leeteuk said in a defeated tone.

“Yah! Park Jungsu! You couldn’t have told me that earlier tonight. I’m sure if you would have said that to me then I wouldn’t have wanted to try and leave!” Ginger scolded.

“Mianhae. I just wanted it to be a surprise. And after what happened between the two of you and then the fight with Kyuhyun, I thought that it would be the perfect thing to cheer you up in the morning. So what do you two say? Will you come back to Seoul with us?”

“There are some things we need to get sorted out before we decide anything just yet. “Alyssa said.

“First of all, where would we be staying?”

“At our dorm.” Leeteuk responded.

“What about the crazy stalker ELFs?”

“We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.”

“ELFs here think Ginger is my translator. They don’t know that she didn’t come with us from Korea.” Siwon added. He stood behind Heechul with his arms around his hyung’s waist and his chin rested on his shoulder.

“Perfect, you could be another one of our translators.” Leeteuk concluded.

“Doesn’t answer why we would live with you guys.” Alyssa said. Skeptical of the whole thing.

“Is that all the questions you have?” Leeteuk asked.

“Not even close, buddy. I’m still in med school.”

“We can get you transferred.”

“Ginger has a job at a hospital, as do I.”

“Neither of you have to work, unless you want to.”

“Why are you making it out to be like we are moving there for good with your guys?”

“Well, we kind of hoped that you would want to.” Leeteuk said with a sheepish grin.

“Why? You’ve only known us for a couple of days.”

“Neither of you act like crazy ELFs. You both treat us like normal people. And both of you have formed strong relationships with some of the members already, and breaking those would be painful for both parties.”

“I can’t decide if you’re an eomma or an ajumma.” Ginger said seriously.

Alyssa turned around to look at Ginger. She gave Ginger an “are you ing kidding me?” face. “Really, Ginger? That is all you have to say about this situation?”

“You seemed to be doing a good job at negotiating and whatever so I zoned out.” Ginger said innocently.

Sometimes Alyssa wondered if Ginger really was older than her. She could act like such a pabo sometimes. Alyssa didn’t even realize that she had face-palmed herself.

“How do I deal with you?” Alyssa asked, her face still in her hand.

“It’s because I’m your wife and you love me.” Ginger said sweetly. She said it so sweetly it was almost sickening. In fact, Heechul started to gag at Ginger’s response. Everyone then started to laugh. They laughed at Heechul’s reaction and at Ginger’s stupidity.

“So what is your answer going to be?” Leeteuk asked. He tried to contain the hopefulness in his voice. He wanted both girls to come back to Korea with all of them.