Finale

Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*Seulgi's POV* 

 

I really hate it when someone whom I loved lied to me. I mean, they already promised to stay by my side, with me together until I grow up and become a pretty mature lady, but I'm not even hit my puberty age yet when someone I really love dearly left me alone. Sure I had Aunty Seol and Uncle Kris and Aunty Tiffany with me but neither one of them can replace my mother. Even Uncle Kris, my father can't replace my mom. Sure I already acknowledge him as my father but it still awkward to call him 'Daddy' all the time when that Wendy decided to bore through my skull everytime I talked with Uncle Kris. I shuddered when I thought about Wendy, she really scared me with her unfriendly glance. 

I just watched people came and go, gave us a deep condolensces for our loss and I just bowed politely back to thank them for coming to bid a last farewell towards my mom. At first, Aunty Seol and Uncle Kris really panicked when I didn't shed any single tears after I already cried a bucket last night. I don't want to show to people whom I don't really know that I'm sad about my mom. Mommy will surely dislikes seeing me crying now in heaven. She said cute girl shouldn't cried and always smiled even somethings bad happened. I still remembered that and I will keep it in my mind. 

Then, I saw Uncle Suho, Uncle Kyungsoo and Aunty Yuri walked in with glum faces and my eyes feel stung a little bit as I felt my lips trembling at the sight of Aunty Yuri crying on Uncle Kyungsoo's shoulder which he sniffed and patted softly on the back of Aunty Yuri's. That Uncle Suho keep a straight face but I'd noticed his puffy eyes. I almost smiled because there's so many people love my mom. Mommy, you must be so kind when you're still alive right? I want to be like mommy too when I already grow up. 

''Seulgi-ah...'' 

I had to admit, I like Aunty Yuri more than Aunty Tiffany even though Aunty Tiffany already gave everything more than I needed but I'd most comfortable with Aunty Yuri. And seeing Aunty Yuri's red eyes and tears make my heart hurt as I opened my arms and wrapped around her neck. I still suprised that I didn't crying yet, mommy already taught when someone crying, don't cry with them too instead, comfort them with a soothing words. I don't understand back then, but now I'd understand. 

''Aunty...don't cry please. Mommy hate crying people because they looked bad with swollen eyes.'' I rest my head at the crook of her neck because that's my favorite place to rely on my head on. A habit that I followed after my mom. 

''Aigoo, that's why you didn't cry, right?'' Aunty Yuri chuckled softly as she wrapped her arms gently around my small body. I miss my mom's hugs already. Would I survived without my mom's hugs, kisses and voice? I held my tears from flowing out again and I nodded. 

''Nae.'' 

 

-----

 

After buried my mom, I followed Uncle Kris to go home. I was relieved when Uncle told that from now on Aunty Seol will stayed together with us at Uncle Kris's big house so my Aunty Seol won't be leave alone. Nowadays, aunty's health really gone a little bad. I hope there's nothing serious, maybe aunty was tired afterall. 

Although I didn't cried, I haven't uttered any single words after my last conversation with Aunty Yuri. When they asked me something, I will either nodded or shook my head. Honestly, I was sad because they left my mom alone and it was really dark there. I want to stay, but Uncle Kris didn't let me. I just want to stay by my mom side and I want to read her some stories that she used to read for me when I unable to sleep. I want to do that for her since she can't do that for me again. I just don't want my mom to feel lonely there. Maybe that's why I didn't talked yet, because I probably sulked. I don't know, I just feel something stirred up in me when I saw Uncle Kris with Aunty Tiffany...I'd feel betrayed for my mom. This feeling is so new for me so I just shook it off like that. 

So, my cousin, if I'm not mistaken, Joy kept looking at me and when I caught she was looking at me, she will quickly looked away. I wondered why she keep doing that. Maybe she want to be friend with me? I delight at the thought of that! If my half-twin sister doesn't want to be friend with me at least I have a cousin! 

So I slowly lifted my palm up and waved. She's so cute! More cute than that unfriendly Wendy!

But I dropped my hand quickly when I spotted Wendy was glaring at me and dragged Joy away. I made a face and make my way toward my room. I have my own room at this house, but it's different from my old room. This is unlike my mom's style. I sighed when I spotted TOO many pink stuffs in my room. Pink remind me of my mom. Of course I don't want to forget about her, but I doubt if I can't sleep at night when my mom filled my thoughts. I was only 7 years old girl! Yet I felt already 18 years old. I laid my back on my new bed and I stared on the ceiling of my room with my fingers interlaced each other and I put it on my tummy. The memories with my mom come and greeted me softly makes me wished all of this just a simple dream. I slowly closed my eyes and I smiled when I saw my mom smiling face. 

 

----- 

 

Seulgi heard her mom was hollering her name from below but she just chuckled as she taking more pleasure time to slowly packed her school things inside her cute backpack, her mother present for her 5th birthday. She softly patted the bag with a little smiles on her face. 

''Yah, KIM SEULGI! DID YOU EVER HEAR ME?!'' 

''Yes, mommy! Seulgi heard for the fist ti-'' 

''Then why didn't you reply me and come down now?!'' 

With a pout, she slung her backpack on her small shoulder. Today is her first day of school and she already 6 years old yet she already happy about it. ''Seulgi is going down now vroom vroom!'' she skipped at the stairs and arrived at the kitchen with a toothy smile. Her mom just rolled her eyes and asked her to just eat her breakfast while Aunt Seol nowhere on the sight. She hopped on the chair. ''Where's Aunty Seol?'' 

''She have some errand to do.'' her mom shrugged and put the glass of milk for her daughter. ''Now, finish it or we'll be late. Mommy even took a day off today just for Seulgi, so Seulgi don't want be late now right?'' 

''Hm!'' she hummed happily and ate the bacon messily. Her mom can't do anything but to sigh and had to wipe the mess on her daughter's face. Her daughter really like her. But seeing her almost make her remember someone she loved.  

''Mommy?'' 

''Hmm?'' 

''Hmm.. nothing.'' she grinned and continued to eat. She want to ask, if her father could come and send her off to school together with her mother but seeing her mom's face, she decided to stop dreaming about it and just happily live with her mom and Aunty Seol. 

When she done with her food, she along with her mom walked hand to hand to the school. Since her school didn't too far from their house, they just walked on feet only. 

With a kiss on forehead, Seulgi followed her new homeroom teacher to the class. She looked back and found her mom was smiling brightly while waving her hand happily as Seulgi waved back toward her mom with a free hand. Her mom's smiles gave her a new energy. She doesn't need anything. She didn't need a big house, a big car, a big princess bed, a pretty fancy cinderella dress. She doesn't need all of it. More, she didn't need a father when she had a wonderful amazing mother by her side. She doesn't really need all of them. She just want her mom to stay with her till she grown up, continued study, and even married. She want her mom to watch every part of her life. Because her mother brought her to this world. Because her mother are eveything to her. Because her mother are her happiness.

 

------

 

For the first time after my mom's funeral, I let out a drop of tear. I don't know anything about how cruel this world yet. And I really need my mom. I can't even imagine myself when I entered elemnetary school wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter