[RayJun] Happy Camper

C-Clown - Drabbles & Short Stories

A/N: I feel like I could've turned this into a full blown story... but eh... Oh sad day, my bday is the 11th and I found out the I have to go to orientation that day. T^T
Anyway, enjoy~ [when I read the title, I thought I only typed 'RayJ' for a second lol xD]


[3rd Person POV]

"So are you really just gonna change? Just outta the blue?" Taemin asked cautiously, trying to understand what his friend was telling him. 

"Yeah, I'm a bit tired of how things are and I want something different." Hyunil simply shrugged as he threw clothes on his bed, replacing them with the new things that he bought. Hyunil just recently went to camp that his mom forced him to go to and came back a 'changed man'. Taemin just thought he was being weird when he first came back, but Hyunil simply told him that the camp counselors whipped him into shape. Unknown to Taemin, what Hyunil told him wasn't the case. "There, my clothes look better. Who knows, maybe now things will actually turn around for us!" Hyunil smiled at Taemin, making the latter wonder why he said 'us'. 

"Well, as long as you don't act like a diva, I'll still be your best friend." Taemin tapped Hyunil's shoulder and immediately went to go put the previously thrown clothes in a bag. 

"Okay, I promise and besides, that's your position. You're more of a diva outta the both of us than I am." Before Hyunil knew it, a heavy jacket was being flung into his head with an unintentionally sassy 'hmph' to match it. 

 

-Next Day: First Day of school-

 

"Well, don't you look nice?" Taemin examined his friend from head to toe. "Better than I imagined. Good job." Hyunil smiled as they both walked in. When they did, they saw a cluster of kids. They couldn't make out what the kids were saying, so they just kept walking to their seats, casually talking until something was said that caught Hyunil's undivided attention.

"Ah, Ray!" Hyunil stood there, deer caught head lights. Taemin looked back at Hyunil, slowly glancing to the patch of students who parted for the person in the middle. Hyunil bit his lip, knowing exactly who it was but was afraid to look behind him.

"Ray? Who's Ray?" Taemin whispered to Hyunil, clearly unaware of the nickname the latter received during camp. It's not that Hyunil didn't want to tell him, it's more along the lines of Hyunil won't tell him because he's hiding his summer from people. A lot of things changed, not just his wardrobe.

"Are you calling one of those two?" Hyunil heard a guy say, secretly hoping that what he's gonna say will get the guy to not pursue him. 

"That's Taemin and Hyunil." ! The one time those kids choose to know their names, they would pick now?! 

"Hyunil... Yah, Ray, don't you ignore me. I know it's you." Hyunil scrunched up his face, relaxing it as he turned around to face the guy that made him change so much during camp.

"Kangjun. Hello." He heard some girls gasp, probably wondering how Hyunil knew the new kid. Hyunil looked down as Kangjun walked up to him. 

"Don't talk to me like that. Be more enthusiastic, after all, we did share.." Hyunil quickly placed his hand over Kangjun's mouth, effectively silencing the younger.

"No, don't say it." When Hyunil removed his hand, Kangjun had a huge grin on his face.

"Are you shy, Ray?" Kangjun whispered but only enough for Taemin to hear.

"What's he talking about?" Taemin looked at Hyunil, but Hyunil shook his head.

"It's nothing, but later, you and I need to have a talk." Hyunil pointed at Kangjun, who simply nodded and leaned in close, placing his mouth near Hyunil's ear to whisper something that left Hyunil blushing an almost dark shade of red. Just then, the teacher walked in

They all went to their seats as the teacher set their stuff down. Kangjun had to introduce himself and he couldn't stop staring at Hyunil. The people that were talking to Kangjun earlier were staring at Hyunil, wondering what kind of relationship those two had. Not only were those people wondering, but Hyunil was wondering about it also. When they met at that 'hell hole, death trap' of a camp, as Hyunil would always call it, they ended up sharing a cabin together. The two became close and Kangjun often influenced how Hyunil thought. On one random night, Kangjun got Hyunil to come out of his shell even more. They played a game that somehow led to them kissing. Then one thing led to another and they got physically closer. When the next day came, Kangjun talked to Hyunil like they didn't just the night before. Hyunil never realized that they were never dating until the last night they spent together before leaving to go back home. Once they parted, Hyunil always questioned himself on what their relationship was. Since Kangjun is here now, maybe Hyunil can understand what they had. 

-----

"You wanted to talk?" Kangjun stood against the wall of the school, staring at Hyunil as the boy seemed a bit restless.

"What are you doing here?" Hyunil stopped walking around and pointed at Kangjun.

"Are you really that unhappy to see me?" Hyunil went to go say something but Kangjun stopped him. "We moved around here somewhere and I had to go to this school." 

"Oh okay..." Hyunil bit his lip and looked away, trying to think of something to say without sounding like he didn't want the younger there. That's definitely not the case, he liked him, but Hyunil was just unsure of where they stand. 

"Ray?" The name brought back the purpose of this little talk, making Hyunil turn to face Kangjun

"Okay look, don't tell anybody about our summer together. That also includes calling me 'Ray'; my name is Hyunil..." Kangjun got a look on his face that made Hyunil a little scared.

"Nobody knows? Are you shy about it or do you just not want to talk about it? I think your just shy, especially since you blushed that deep shade of red earlier when I whispered in your ear." Hyunil's eyes widened, one hand moving to touch his cheek. "Did you miss what I used to say to you? What I used to do to you?" Hyunil could hear the amusement in Kangjun's voice. The younger began to look him up and down. Hyunil would never admit it, but he secretly missed Kangjun's stares.

"Yah, stop that.." Hyunil tried to avoid it, but Kangjun reached out and grabbed his wrists. He turned and pushed Hyunil until he was against the wall. In an instant, all the things Kangjun ever done to him flashed through his mind, making him blush.

"You don't want me to stop. Don't run away from your feelings, Ray." Kangjun tilted his head slightly and leaned in. 

" it, you're right." With one smooth motion, Hyunil pulled Kangjun towards him and kissed him. 

Kangjun grabbed Hyunil's hips as they kissed like they never seen each other in a year. So much biting and , along with an occasional moan from Hyunil, which only fueled to the need. Hyunil missed this. He missed having Kangjun this close, feeling the younger touch his body. Everything feels as great as when they first did it.

As much as he missed this, he also missed having oxygen. They both parted, slightly panting but still holding onto each other.

"It's been a while, you're more aggressive than I remember..." Kangjun told Hyunil, causing the other to slap his shoulder and push away his hands. 

"I'll say." The two heard a third voice that pierced the moment like a knife. They looked to see who it was and saw that Taemin was standing in a nearby doorway. "Oh , did I say that out loud? Well, don't mind me... I see you two have some catching up to do... Bye." Like a scared little mouse, Taemin dashed back in the building. 

"I like your friend..." Kangjun blurted outta nowhere and turned back to face Hyunil. "and I like you. I wish I could've asked you this back at camp, but now that I'm able to see for longer than two month, I wanna know... Will you be my boyfriend?" Hyunil smiled, enjoying the fact that he doesn't have to question where their relationship stands anymore.

"Yeah." Kangjun smiled right back at him and took his hand.

"Good... You know, I think we should go find your friend. He's probably dying of embarrassment in a corner somewhere." 

"I know where to look." Once that was said, they both walked in the building to find Taemin.

~8/8/14~