[T.Maru] - Umbrella

C-Clown - Drabbles & Short Stories

A/N: Inspired by this image posted by --Baekseul from her Writing Help fic~

idk why it took me so long to finish writing this, but now that I have, I shall work on my requests!~ Merry Christmas to all of my lovely readers! ♥~


[3rd Person POV]

"Ugh, I can't believe I forgot my umbrella..." Jaejoon grumbled to himself, pretty sure that the old lady next to him heard him anyway judging from the look of irritation on her face. He pouted slightly and looked away, staring out into the rain.

Everything became foggy and kinda sad as he realized how pathetic he looked. The old lady must be laughing at him on the inside. He shook his head and looked down the road, noticing head lights. He knew the bus was coming as he heard the squeaks of the tires. The old lady began packing her things together and stood up, certain that the bus coming was hers. She was right and got on the bus immediately. The bus driver looked at him, waiting to see if he would get on. Jaejoon shook his head and signaled for the driver to keep going. Even if he did want to get on, the bus doesn't go near his house. As it drove away, he could see the old lady staring at him from one of the windows. He couldn't tell if she was actually worried about him or if she was mocking him. He doesn't really know what to think right now. 

He sat there for a good 30 minutes, looking around at the puddles on the road until he saw an umbrella heading towards him. He kept quiet and stared at the person walking towards him. When the person came closer, he noticed that it was the school's bad boy, Minwoo. Minwoo looked up at him, he wide eyes catching Jaejoon's, making the younger blush out of embarrassment. Minwoo looked rather innocent, Jaejoon has never seen this look on his before. He doesn't have that whole mean aura around him and Jaejoon kinda liked that. 

Minwoo walked a little further until he was directly in front of Jaejoon. He looked at the younger, thinking of god knows what. Jaejoon was prepared for the worst. Name calling, witty insults, nasty smirks, etc. None of that came. Instead, Minwoo got under the bus shelter with him.

"You okay?" Minwoo's voice came out softer than Jaejoon was used to. It sounded like Minwoo actually cared, so he decided to answer him.

"Yeah, just waiting for this to let up." Minwoo looked behind him; the rain was actually coming down harder than before.

"You'll be waiting for a while. We live near each other, so let me walk you home." Jaejoon couldn't believe his ears. This Minwoo is completely different than the one he encounters at school and he was genuinely shocked. He liked it.

"Really?"

"Yes, really. I know what you're thinking. I'm not going to take you out there and then ditch you, you know. That's cruel. Yes, I act like a jerk at school, but I do it to make sure people don't mess with me. I do all sorts of crap, but that doesn't mean I don't have a heart when it comes to things like this." Jaejoon felt guilty for thinking all of that stuff now. He stood up and nodded, hopefully Minwoo was telling the truth and will actually walk him home.

Jaejoon got under Minwoo's giant umbrella and walked with him to where they stayed at. They walked for a while, Jaejoon lost track of time because of something that he noticed. He noticed that Minwoo wasn't as vocal as usual and that the latter wasn't looking at him at all. He gripped the umbrella, holding it steady. Minwoo looked at their hands; Jaejoon swore he saw Minwoo's face turn a little pink. Why was he being so shy all of a sudden?

------

"Minwoo, you're house is that way." Jaejoon pointed to his right, but Minwoo kept walking straight.

"I know. I told you that I would walk you home, didn't I?" He kept quiet after that. Jaejoon looked up at him. This was just too weird. He placed his hand in front of Minwoo's chest, effectively stopping him.

"Are you okay? You seem very quiet and shy... That's unlike you." Minwoo looked away slightly.

"Well, I have my reasons."

'And what are those?" Minwoo can tell that Jaejoon was gonna be persistant. He figured he might as well tell the latter. He couldn't walk away, it was raining. If he could walk away now that means he didn't need Minwoo. Jaejoon wasn't gonna do that though, so time to get it over with.

"Can't I walk the person that I like home? That's not a bad thing, you know." Jaejoon was shocked, he didn't think Minwoo would say that, let alone like him in the first place. "Yes, I like you. I have always liked you." Minwoo could see the younger blush, a slight smile appearing on his face as well. "Now, let's get you home, like I promised." Minwoo began walking, leaving Jaejoon to be slightly behind, enough to get a couple of drop of rain on the back of his head. He caught back up quickly and walked in pace with Minwoo. He went silent again, he figured Minwoo would be alittle social more now that he just confessed his feelings.

Jaejoon stared out ahead, wondering if he should accept Minwoo's feelings. This side of the latter is something he had never seen and he kinda wants see more of it. Minwoo's feelings seemed real, so he figured it wouldn't hurt to give him a try. 

------

Once they reached Jaejoon's house, he looked back to talk to Minwoo. Minwoo bit his lip, hoping the Jaejoon wouldn't reject him right then and there.

"I've thought about it and I decided that I wanna give you a chance. We can go on a date and see where this goes, but I swear, if you revert back to how you act at school, I will dump you so hard like last night's trash. You got that?" Minwoo chuckled at the younger, his smile hitting Jaejoon right in his heart.

"Don't worry, I wont. I promise you."

"Good..." Jaejoon looked down, awkwardly standing there. "Well, uh, thank you for walking me home. Ah, wait here, okay?" Jaejoon unlocked the door and went in to get a sheet of paper. On it, he wrote down his number and came back out to give it to Minwoo. "I figured if we were gonna give this a try, I should at least give you my number so we can talk."

"Thanks. I'll text you later so that you got mine."

"Okay, well I'll see you soon then." Jaejoon waved goodbye, getting the same thing from Minwoo. Jaejoon turned around to walk back into the house while Minwoo walked down the sidewalk in the direction of his house.

Jaejoon smiled to himself. He's still surprised that the school's Bad Boy has such a nice side like this. He honestly hopes that everything goes fine on their date; he wants to see more of his sweet side now that he knows it exists.

~12/24/14~