011

My Step Bastard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and one of your aunt waited impatiently in front of the emergency room. For about an hour later, the emergency door opened and the doctor came out. You and your aunt rushed over.

"Is he alright, doctor?" You aunt asked.

The doctor nodded, "He's fine. He got some small scratches on his face and bruises around his body but it'll heal soon. His right ankle got sprained pretty bad, so it would be helpful if he doesn’t do any sport or anything that'll be using his legs for about couple of weeks from now."

Your heart sank after hearing what the doctor say. If he couldn't use his legs, then he won’t be able to participate in the basketball game next week! And he practice so much for it too!

"We'll give him crutches and medicines to take home." The doctor finished off.

"Thank you."

You and your aunt waited again for Tao. He finally came out in crutches and there were tiny bandages here and there on his face. As soon as you see his face, you couldn't help yourself and rushed over to give him a tight hug. He was frozen at your sudden action.

"I was so scared." You mumbled underneath your breath. He didn’t say anything and just stared at you, until your aunt interrupt.

"I was so in a rush to come here after Aera called that I forgot to call your parent." Your aunt was about to call your parent but Tao stopped her.

"You don't need to call. Since I'm not in any danger zone, I don’t want to bother them and make them worry." Tao take a glance at you, "It's getting late, so let's go home."

You nodded and gently support him.

 

 

You closed the front door after your aunt had send both of you home.

"I'm going to go take a shower, so you can go to bed if you want." Tao said, heading for the stair.

You quickly rushed to his side and help him. "Be careful, it's dangerous to go up the stair in crutches."

"Then why don’t you piggy back me up?" He asked.

You gave him a look and he rise both his eye brow giving you a tease. You wanted to give him a punch in the arm but since he's a "injured patient", you decided not to.

"You made me so worried and scared, and you still have the guts to tease me! Huh!?" You pouted, looking away.

"Thank you."

Your eyes lit up. Did those words just came out of Tao's mouth? You turned back to Tao with a surprised look.

"Thank you…" He said it again, now staring straight at you, "For worrying about me."

Your heart pounded at those sincere words that Tao had said and you couldn't take your eyes off his face.

He looked away from your stare, "I thought you said it's dangerous for me to go up the stair in crutches."

"Oh…" You snapped out and supported him up the stair.

 

After showering, Tao came into his room and noticed you were spreading out blankets on the floor next to his bed.

"What are you doing?" He asked curiously, "You're not planning to sleep in here are you?"

"Bingo." You throw your pillow on the blanket.

"Aera-ah…" He entered into the room. "You can't sleep in here. Go back to your room."

"Eh, why can't I?"

"Because… I like to sleep alone. Alone!" He say it loud and clear.

"Just for one night. It's not going to hurt you. In fact, you should be thankful that I'm willing to sleep here tonight, so if you need anything… I'll go get it for you." You tuck yourself in.

"Aera ah!"

You shut you eyes tight and pretended that you didn’t hear him. He glared at you for a moment then let out a sigh. He would have dragged you out if it weren't because of his sprained ankle. Since he couldn't do anything for now, he just gave in and turned off the light. He made his way to the bed and you slightly peek at him. A smile appears on your face and you closed back your eyes.

"Good night, Tao."

He lay on his bed…

1 second… 2 second… 3 second…

"Aera, I want some water."

Your eyes shot opened in shock and you sit up.

"Water?"

"Uh-hm."

Darn it! You don't even want to imagine what tonight's going to be like!

 

 

The next morning, you dragged your heavy body to the kitchen with baggy dark eyes. Since last night Tao's been ordering you to go get him this and that all night long that you don't even have time to get some sleep. The dishes were pile up again because of him! You begin washes the dishes and cursing at him.

"Let me help you."

You startled and looked over your shoulder to become more shock at how closed Tao was standing beh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter