008

My Step Bastard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were resting on your bed, touching your phone when your stomach growl. That was when you finally realize that you haven’t eaten anything the whole day today. And if you haven’t, then...

 

You stepped out of your room and headed toward Tao’s room. Your ankle was healing quite fast but you still couldn’t walk properly yet. You knocked on his door and waited for him to answer. But... maybe not. You twisted open his door and expecting him to yell at you for coming in without his permission but never mind that thought, you weren’t facing the angry Tao but just an empty bedroom.

 

You stepped out to the backyard where Tao was playing basketball all to himself. He dribbled the ball and shoot!!! And of course... He score a three point shot. He turned his head to you when you started clapping at his clean shot. But like always, as soon as he saw that it was just...... you... He turned away and go get the ball. He dribbled the ball back to his position.

"Are you okay now?" He asked, not even turning his attention to you.

"Hm." You uttered out half hearten because he was trying to ignore you. You waited a couple of more seconds to see if he’ll at least ask you ’why are you out here?’ But eventually not, so you might as well answer your own question.

"Err... I was wondering..." You slowly started as he shot again another clean shot. "If you’d want to..." He dribbled the ball back to position and you’re doubting if he was even listening to you. "…go out to grab something to eat with me?" You quickly finished your question.

He stopped himself from shooting and turned his attention to you...... finally...

"... Did your brain got dislocated after what happen this afternoon?"

You suddenly becomes annoy by his question.

"What do you mean by that?" You asked.

He shrugged and dribbled the ball. "I was just surprised that you actually have a brain." He shoot.

You rolled you eyes away and plucked out your lips. "Do you want to go with me or not?"

He marched toward you as he dribbled the ball and suddenly leaned his face to level with yours. You flinched back a little. You hated when he does this to you, you’re not that short! You are average height! He’s is the one whose too tall!

"Do you want me to go or not?" He attacked you the same question you asked him to make YOU the one who wanted him to go with you. But you’re not going to let that happen.

"Depends on you. Even if you’re not going, I am still going."

He stared at you for a moment before leaning back. "Of course I’m going. Who knows, this might be the only time you’ll treat me to something good."

Your jaw dropped.

"Wait here, I’ll go change then come back." He walked off with his cool vibe and again... leaving you as the bad one.

 

"So.. Are you going to play in the basketball game this month?" You asked Tao as you two walked down the sidewalk to the restaurant. You heard a small sigh coming out from Tao.

"Probably not." He replied.

"What!!!???" You shouted and he startled by your loudness. "You’re so good and you say you’re not playing?!!" 

He blinked his eyes. "And why are you so heat up? It’s my decision, I’ll do whatever I want."

"Tsk." You groaned. "Such a waste of skill." You purposely shove your shoulder against his forearm and walked ahead. His eyes glued onto you and then shook his head turning away. You were planning to not wait for him. He is getting on your nerve, making you don’t want to walk side by side with him anymore. But....You suddenly brake your feet real fast! Maybe you’ll have to switched that thought. In front of you, Naeun and her crew came out of a store ahead from you. If they saw you with Tao, they’ll definitely NOT going to let you go this Monday! You turned around as fast as you can and dashed back to Tao. Before he get a chance to notice anything, you wrapped your arm around the back of his neck.

"Ah! What the hell?!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter