016

My Step Bastard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a silent morning for you and Tao. You both sat across from each other, just eating your breakfast and not making any eyes contact at all.

"Wow." Your step mom entered into the kitchen. "You two are officially quiet today."

With that, Tao glanced up at you and continued to stare at you. Although you didn’t look at him, you could sense his strong gaze. You tried to ignore it but it started to bother you after a couple of seconds.

You stood up from your seat, "Thank you for the breakfast mom." You gave her a smile and off the door you went.

Your step mom blinked her eyes in confusion, "Aera is acting quite odd today." She put her attention onto Tao, for she know that Tao must be the reason why you’re acting that way. "Is there something going on that I didn’t know of, Tao?" She directed the question to Tao and demanded for an answer but Tao just let out a sigh.

"Don’t worry mom. I’ll take care of it." He flung his backpack over one of his shoulder and out the door he went as well.

"Ay-yai-yai. These two…" She shook her head, not knowing what to do with the two of you.

 

 

It was the end of the day and you’re worn out. You closed the locker and that’s when you realized Tao was standing behind it, leaning his shoulder against the lockers. You and him got into a stare contest for a moment then you let out a sigh, looking away.

“What did I do this time?” You asked angrily.

It took him quite a minute before answering you, “You’re mad at me.”

You scoffed in disbelief, “Of course! You’re not the only one who know how to get mad! I’m a human! I have feeling too got it!” You stepped aside to walk away from him but before you did, he held onto both of your shoulder and pushed you until your back hit against the locker.

“Tao—“ Your sentence got cut off when he leaned his face in very, very, very close to you. You can hear his heavy breathing and as soon as his eyes make contact with yours, your heart stop beating.

“I’m.. sorry.” His soft low voice make your stomach tickles and you couldn’t take your eyes off of him. Time stops for the two of you and he lower his eyes, leaning forward… aiming for your lips.  

 

"Aera! Aera!"

Your chin slipped off of your palm and you opened your eyes to the bright sunlight class room. You scanned around you and realized that everyone were having their eyes on you.

'So… I was just dreaming?' You thought to yourself and that's when your eyes met with Tao's. Your mind flashes the scene of when he leaned forward toward you with his eyes lock on your lips and your face automatically turned bright red. You looked away from him quickly and just smile awkwardly to Miss Yuri.

 

 

"What the hell are you thinking!" You cursed at yourself while walking down the outside hall of the school. "Did you want him to come and say that to you that much!? You must be out of your mind! In this life time, he'll never say those words to you! That meanie!" You kick a rock that was in your way.

"You need to calm down girl."

Your eyes widen and you turned around quickly to find out that Jackson was behind you.

He chuckled at your attitude, "I thought you're tire, but I guess not anymore."

You huffed, "Yes! I am not! So you better stay far away, or else I'm going to punch you!" You turned angrily around and at that moment you caught Tao and Miss Yuri walking together to her car. You felt this irritating feeling deep down but you tried to ignore it and continued walking down the hall.

Jackson followed after you, "Do you mind if I come and pick you up this Saturday for the camping trip?"

"And why do you want to do that?" You asked him while stealing glances at Tao.

Jackson blinked his eyes, "Do I need a reason?"

You stopped walking and looked at Jackson. It finally hit you that you wasn't listening to him at all. You gave him a smile, "Of course! You can come and pick me up."

"Really?" Jackson was a little confused.

You nodded, "Hm. Since Tao might not be going anyways…"

"Tao's not going?"

You shrugged. "Maybe. I just over heard it last night. But who cares, it's better if he didn't go. I don't want to deal with him at the camping site as well."

 

 

"Maybe I should change the place, so you can go too?" Miss Yuri suggested, but Tao shook his head.

"No you don't have to bother. Since the date is very close now, I doubt you'll find any places available. And I don't want others to think that I'm special or anything also."

She patted his shoulder, "I'm sorry Tao. I'll treat you out after this camping trip, eh?"

Tao chuckled, "Don't be too nice. I don't want to be in between anybody's throat."

She laughed, "Alright. Well I'll see you later then. Bye."

Tao waved as she entered her car and drove off.

 

It's was almost time for bed, when Tao came out of his room and stared at your bedroom door. He took stepped over and stood in front of it. He stood there for more than 5 minutes before his hand rise up and was about to knock on your door. But he hesitated… and… hesitated again…

 

You put the hair dryer away after you dry your hair and headed for the door. And as soon as you open it, you noticed Tao's bedroom door just got close. You blinked your eyes, 'Is Tao still up?' You thought to yourself.

 

The week went by… and you and Tao became more awkward than ever. He didn't talk to you and you didn't talk to him. More like, you're waiting for an apology from him but you doubt he'll ever say it. That hard headed bastard.

It was the night before the camping trip and you were in your room packing your clothes and things that you'll need. Your step mom stop by and helped you out before she went to bed. You wanted to ask about Tao if he's going or not, but you kept on hesitating and hesitating that your step mom had left your room before you had enough courage to even ask. After finishing off what you had left, you went over and about to close your bedroom door when all of a sudden you found yourself staring at the door of Tao's room. You noticed that the light from inside his room was still on through the bottom gap of the door and that made you wonder what he's doing inside his room right now.

Shaking you head from all your thoughts, you closed the door and turned off your light.

 

 

Morning came and you woke up extra early to double, triple check all your bags; making sure you got everything you needed for the week.

"Aera-ah! Jackson's here!" Your step mom shouted from down stair.

"Coming!" You shouted back and grabbed your bags.

 

 

As you appeared at the stair, Jackson hurry up the stair to help you carried your bags down.

"Thank you Jackson." You thanks him as both of you reach the bottom.

"Well… it's going to be a whole week before I get to see you again!" Your step mom cupped your face and squeezed your cheek.

You laughed, "Oh mom, it's just going to be a week."

"Don't worry Mrs. Cha, I'll take good care of her." Jackson confessed.

She smiled, "I'll put her—." Just then she caught something behind the both of you. "I see you're all dress up, where are you heading boy?"

You and Jackson turned around to see Tao standing up stair carrying his back pack and bags. He stomped down with his swag.

"Mom told me to go look after you." His eyes met yours and you turned around in shock to your step mom. Your step mom on the other hand, was also in shock and confuse as well.

"Err…" Your step mom was trying to find something to say to cover up what Tao had stated. Her eyes met his and there was a click in between them two. "Ah!" She grinned suddenly, "Yes! Yes! I totally forgot all about it. At first Tao doesn't want to go but I told him to go because I want him to go look after you." She had to lie for the sake of her son.

You sigh, "But mom, I don't need him to go look after me. I can take care of myse-"

"It's almost time!" Your step mom interrupted you. "You three doesn’t want to miss the bus right?" She pushed the three of you out of the house but then sneakily pull Tao back and whispered, "Next time, please tell me before hand that you change you mind."

You turned back around and your step mom pushed Tao out of the house as well.

"Bye, bye! Have a great time!" She waved.

You eyes met Tao's and he glared at you and Jackson standing so close to each other. He strolled over and held onto your arm, dragging you with him away from Jackson.

 

 

Knowing that Tao was going to the trip with you had already ruined your day but worsen than that, you had to sit next to him in the bus for 3 hours as well! Arrrggg!! Can your day get any worse!?

Luckily you were seated at the window that you focus your attention more outside than on him. You had plugged in your ear with your headphone and listen to your music through out the drive and then something fell heavily onto your shoulder that made you cried out in silence because of the pain.

You turned your head and your cheek hit against Tao's head. That was when you realize that Tao had fallen asleep and his head had fell onto your shoulder. You couldn't move a muscle and froze where you are. You stare down to his forehead, then to his eye lashes and his high nose bridge, and then you stop at his pinkish lip.       

 

~ "I’m.. sorry." His soft low voice make your stomach tickles and you couldn’t take your eyes off of him. Time stops for the two of you and he lower his eyes, leaning forward… aiming for your lips.~ 

 

Your heart start

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter