006

My Step Bastard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Running out of the school gate, you saw Tao walking already at a distance. You huff and ran over to him.

"Tao! Why did you left me? Didn’t I told you that I’ll wait for you outside!"

"But DID I say that I’ll come out that way?" He said arrogantly, didn’t even bother looking your way.

You stopped as you glared at him walking pass you.

"Urgg!" You grunted your teeth and swing your fist at him behind his back. You quickly again caught up with him.

You strolled silently with him before you started wiggling your thumb and your mind are thinking of what to say.

"Um... I was thinking lately... Since we ARE considered brother and sister... Maybe we should... You know, just in case you disappear or I ran into a problem... Maybe we should have a way to contact each other. Don’t you think so?"

"So..." Tao turned his focus to you. His face shown interested in what you’re saying. "You mean like if you ran into a problem, you can contact me so that I could come to your rescue."

You nodded with a big smile, "Yes! Exactly!"

"If that’s the case then..." He stopped. "Why don’t you just call 911?"

Auk! He’s smarter than he looks! He rolled his eyes away and continued walking.

"Eh! What is so wrong just to give me your number huh?!" You chase after him again. "It’s not like I’m going to sale it to other people."

"Wow, you sure know how to say the opposite of what you’re going to do."

Why does he always wanted to be the Mr. Know-it-all!!! You’ll just have make your way around him then.

"Well... You should open up more and let people in."

He turned furiously to you and you startled at his action. "Then why don’t You! Give! Your! Number! To! Them! Then!"

He moved closer to you at each words that came out from his mouth, making you leaning back and eventually sat down on the bench behind you. His face was inches from yours but anger fill the air between you two that you forgot to feel nervous at all.

"Maybe you’ll have some more friends to bother you so that you won’t be able to bother me all the time!" He gave you a last glared before walking off again with his cool vibe.

You took a deep breath before cursing at his back. "I’m bothering you because of YOU, that’s why they’re bothering me!!" You looked away from him. "What an bad !" Just then... something clicks in your head and you broke out a smirk. "I’ll just get your number from mom then."

You rise one of your eyebrow and glanced at him with a satisfying look on your face.

 

 

Saturday morning is the best!!! You gotten enough sleep and was ready for the day!! And you’re going to enjoy it too the most!!!

You skip down the stair and was heading for the kitchen when you heard a car drove in and parked in front of the driveway. Very curious of who could be here so early in the morning, you decided to go take a look. And it turned out to be your step mom. She opened the truck and saw you coming out of the front door.

"Good morning, sweetie. Can you help me with something?" She asked with a big mom smile.

"Of course." You walked over to her. "Where did you go so early in the morning?" You asked.

"Ahh, Tao kept on nagging me to change his curtain and bed set so that’s why I went and buy some new ones for him. Do you mind taking it to his room?" She handed you two bags.

"Sure." You grabbed the bags and headed back inside.

"Oh Aera!"

You turned your head back to your step mom.

"Can you please remove his old bed sheet for me too? I’ll tell him to do the curtain later when he come back from his jogging."

You nodded, "Okay!"

 

 

You creak opened Tao’s room and peek inside before entering as if Tao would be inside. You crossed your arms as you were standing in front of Tao’s colorful bed.

"He even nagged mom to get him some new bed sheet. Wow I would die to see that." You lifted the flowery blanket, "Look how beautiful this is." You glanced down at the new bed sheet.

And it’s all black.

"Something is sure wrong with his taste of style."

After complaining to yourself, you fold the blanket and placed it on the floor then you tossed the pillows after. You pulled the bed sheet but it seems to got hook onto something by the corner. But since there’s a desk in front of where you needed to go, you leaned as far as you can and strongly, with all your might, you yanked the bed sheet out. And your elbow knock onto the desk, making the desk rattle.

Before you could even cried out in pain, you heard something crashed onto the floor behind you. You turned around and strolled small stepped toward the end of the desk.

"Oh." That’s the only word that escaped from your mouth when you saw what you had just did.

Pieces of glass scattered around the floor, along with glittering water as what was left of the snow globe with sharp broken glass edges was lying on the floor. You heard someone stepped into the room and you looked up to that someone...

Your heart stop at the broken snow globe lying on the floor. As you heard foot step entered into the room, you looked up and froze at the sight of Tao. His gazed was glue to the broken snow globe and you could tell that he wasn’t happy.

"Who told you to come into my room?!" His cold question made your heart skip a beat.

"I.. I was changing out your bed sheet-"

"Get out." He cut you off and you could had just do what he order but you didn’t.

If you leave, then this will be a misunderstanding between you and him.

"I didn’t--"

"I said get out!" He strolled angrily toward you.

"It was an accident!" You shouted as he grabbed onto your arm.

"I don’t care if it’s an accident! I want you out!!!" He dragged you strongly but you refused.

"I’m not going anywhere until you listen to me!"

He didn’t care to listen to you. His anger was boiling to the top as you refused to let him dragged you out. But since he is way stronger than you, he eventually pulled you out of his room.

"What is going on?" Your step mom rushed up stair, just at the moment Tao yanked you out of his room.

"Tao!"

He slam the door shut.

"Tao open the door!" Your step mom knock onto the door, impatiently. "You dare slam the door at you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter