013

My Step Bastard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waking up early the next morning, you were getting ready for your date with Jackson. Although you're supposed to be happy and excited about the date, your mind went off the hook and think about where Tao's heading today with his team member. You were fixing your hair bun as your step mom knock on your door and peek in.

"Are you all ready Aera~ah?" She asked.

You smiled and nodded, "Yes mom."

"Then hurry down. Jackson's been waiting for you."

"Oh really?" You were surprise. You had no idea that Jackson's already here. "I'll come down."

She smiled and went back down stair. You grabbed your purse on the bed and headed out your room when you caught Tao's room. His door were close. You took steps over and was about to knock but stop mid way. Last night he doesn’t seems to be in a good mood, maybe you shouldn't bother him today also. Your hand dropped back down to your side and you took a deep breath before heading down stair.

 

 

Jackson took you to Hongdae for the date. You two were having fun talking and shopping around, just letting go of everything in your mind. Jackson opened the door to a restaurant that he had recommended and you entered in.

"I do hope you'll like it." He say as he entered in after you.

You smiled at him, "Don’t worry, I'm not a picky eater."

"Hi, how many people are there?" The waiter asked.

"Two." Jackson answered.

"Come this way please." The waiter leaded you and Jackson down the hall and your heart skipped a beat when you turned the corner and there…

Tao and the Exo kingkas were sitting across from where the waiter had lead you and Jackson too. Their attention flew right toward you and Jackson, except for Tao. He haven't noticed you yet because he was having his back toward you, talking to Lay. But it wasn't that long before Lay made a signal for Tao to turn around and he did. Both of your eyes met and you were kind of disappointed when his smile on his face faded and he went back to his cold self.

"Hey Tao's step sister…" Chanyeol started, "I see you're here with the 'Wang', he's your date?"

"Hey Wang."

"Hey."

They greeted each other.

"What a coincidence to met all of you guys here as well." Jackson met eyes with Tao. 

You smiled and then made eye contact with Sehun, "Congratulation for winning."

Sehun chuckled, "Thanks but really you should thanks Tao more, he did mostly all the shots."

"Err.." Just the name 'Tao' got you stuttered. "I… I already thanks him at home." You lied and finally got the guts to look at Tao, but he rolled his eyes away and begin poking his food.

"Well then… you two enjoy your sweet date." Sehun gave you and Jackson a smile.

Jackson nodded, "We will, thank you." He then snake his hand around your waist and as he lead you over to your table, he gave Tao a mischievous glanced and smirked even though Tao wasn't even looking his way.

Tao in his cheek and took a slipped of his drink, looking the opposite direction from you and Jackson.

 

It was great having lunch with Jackson. The food is super delicious and the mood is perfect for a romantic lunch if only Tao wasn’t around. He made you think of him instead of the date. You kept on stealing glances at him during the meal although you told yourself many times to not, you still did. His mood seems to went down ever since you and Jackson arrived. He doesn’t talk much anymore and smile less often; which made you wondered why he always act like that whenever you're around.

Your mind snapped back to reality when you heard Jackson called your name. He was looking at you curiously, meaning that he had called your name multiple times already before you gave your attention to him. 

"Are you okay, Aera?" He asked.

You smiled quickly so that he doesn't suspect anything. "I'm totally fine."

After hearing your replied, he leaned back against the chair, "You finish eating okay. I'm going to the restroom, then I'll go pay for the lunch."

"Okay." You continued to finish your plate as Jackson walked off to the restroom.

 

The door to the restaurant opened and the Bangtan High basketball team entered in coolly.

The waiter greeted them, "How many people are there?"

V caught something appealing and elbowed Jimin's arm. Jimin looked toward the direction that V had pointed out and a smirk appeared on his face.  

"We're with them." Jimin told the waiter, referring the SM High basketball team.

The waiter nodded and they made their way toward their target.

 

You just finished what's on your plate when you suddenly notice a group of guys started to surround Tao's table. You scanned each of their faces with your squinted eyes, trying to recalled if you'll recognize them or not. 

The intenseness fill the air and both teams were glaring deadly at each other.

Jimin stepped forward with his swag, "Well, well, well… aren't you guys having too much fun for just a single win?" He picked up a glass cup on the table and swirled the water inside. "Maybe I shouldn't have spared your precious leg." Targeting Tao as his prey, "Maybe I should have made you sit for the rest of your life instead, eh?" He took a sip of the water.

Your eyes shot opened in shock after hearing what Jimin had said loud and clear. You slammed both of your palm onto the table as you shot up from your seat, boiling inside.

"YAH!" You voice got their attention and they all turned toward your direction. Tao stood up from his seat the moment you stepped forward, squeezing through them and pushing them out of your way to face Jimin.   

"So you guys are the one who beaten Tao that night, huh!?" You ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter