015

My Step Bastard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"HAHAHHAHAHHAAA!!!" Luhan blurted out laughing his off and eventually fell off the chair. Tao was sending him death glare but he continued laughing. "Seriously, I seriously want to see that! You got smacked in the face is just a to-die-for sight!"

Tao threw a pen at him, "Stop laughing. It's not funny."

Luhan snorted and jumped back into his chair. "But seriously though, why did she smack you in the face in the first place huh?" Luhan gave him a playful look, "Did you do something inappropriate?"

Tao threw a punch at his stomach and he groaned loudly.

"I was actually doing something good for god sake!" Tao retorted. "There was rice on her cheek and I just take it off for her! There's no need for her to smack me that hard!"

"What? You mean this close!" Luhan rested his forehead against Tao's forehead. Tao smacked his lips annoyingly and pushed Luhan off him.

"Get away from me!" Tao crossed his arms and looked away irately. Luhan went back to laughing his off at Tao again and then rested his hand on Tao's shoulder.

"You know dude, I'm just playing around." Luhan sniggered, "Well, I don't see Aera anywhere today. Is she not here?"

Tao rolled his eyes away, "My mom told me this morning that she was sick today."

 

 

Yep! Yep! That's right. You are sick! Playing SICK!

You had to lied to your step mom that you're sick so that you don't have to face that bastard today or the following days! That is the best choice you had in mind as for right now. But you were actually lucky enough that your step mom actually believes you too.

 

 

The week eventually came to an end and you went down to see what's your step mom is up to. **Since Tao is at school, you are freely to linger around the house.**

You found you mom in her bedroom cleaning out some old stuffs.

"Do you need any help mom?" You asked as you walked into the room.

She looked at you over her shoulder, "Oh Aera-ah, are you feeling much better now?"

You smiled and nodded, "Yes I am." Of course you are! You are not even sick to start out with.

You scanned around the room and noticed that there are some over flowing boxes at a corner of the room. "Are you throwing those away?" You asked.

Your step mom turned to the direction you pointed out. "Oh those. Those belong to Tao. He meant to throw those away when he was moving to South Korea with me but I didn’t know so I ship it over as well. He was yapping at me to toss it out but I haven't got the time too. That's why it's still right there."

'Those belong to Tao?' You thought to yourself and your eyes lighten up. "Uhm… do you think he'll mind if I look through it?" You asked curiously.

She shook her head, "It's his old stuff so I don't think he'll mind."

You grinned happily inside and made your way over to the over flowing boxes. You sat down with your legs cross and begin looking throw Tao's "stuff", pulling out one item after another.

You laughed at some, like his old ID pictures. You read some of his old journal. And you smiled happily to yourself at some cute quotes that he had wrote. But then your smile faded away when you came across his diary and had coincidently open up to a page that had made you speechless.

"Aera-ah, can you help me with this?" Your step mom turned around to you but was surprise to see that you’re not around anywhere. "Mm? Where did she go?"

 

 

You're back in your room, sitting on your bed with you back against the wall. The diary was lying on your laps, as you stare at the open page with mix emotion and feeling running around your head.

 

- I know that it's impossible because you’re way older than I am and you already had someone that you like… but… can I just confess my feeling for you just once?

I.. I like you… Miss Yuri. -

 

Tao

 

   

During dinner time, you were sitting across from Tao, eyeing at him nonstop.

 'I can’t believe that someone like Tao could actually fall in love too .' You thought to yourself.

You continued to stare at him until he looked up at you and you quickly lower your head to prevent making eye contact with him.

 

 

After having your awkward dinner with Tao, you jumped into the shower and washed yourself up. It was really refreshing after that warm shower and you're ready to jump into your bed and have a great night sleep.

You stepped out of the bathroom and headed for your bedroom when Tao stepped in front of you and block the whole hallway with his huge body. You froze and looked up at him as your heart starting to beat real fast.

"What is it?" He asked annoyingly.

You blinked your eyes blankly, "What's what?"

"You were acting really weird ever since I came back from school, so what is it?" He crossed his arm and demanded an answer from you.

"Me, acting weird?" You chuckled lifelessly, "Do you even know what are you talking about?" You shook your head and tried to squeezed through him and the wall but the gap was too tiny for you to get through. You stepped back and looked at him impatiently. "Anything else, Mr. Huang?"

He stared at you for a couple of seconds before he raise his hand up and placed the back of his hand against your forehead. You flinched at his sudden action and then froze like a statue.

"Are you feeling better?" His voice was so gentle and soft that made your heart melt.

"Err… I… I…" You stuttered nervously.

He removed his hand from your forehead and cupped your cheek this time. You swear to GOD you forgot to breath the entire time.

"You're not that hot, maybe next week you can go back to school." He pulled his hand back and waited for an answer.

You swallowed and nodded with a, "Hm."

"That's good then." He slide his hand into his pocket. "Everyone was already busy with their community work except for us. We need to get going if we want a good review."

You suddenly felt bad for him. You lied for your own benefit but you forgot that you and Tao are partner, whatever you do will also affect him as well.

"Good night then." He turned back to his room.

"I'm sorry."

He stopped at your sudden statement and turned back to you with a confusing expression, "Sorry… for what?"

Your eyes wandered off, "Just… cause." You quickly entered your room before he ask you anymore question.

 

 

"1000 cupcakes!!!!” You shouted throughout the bakery store. Luckily the store hasn’t open yet so there is no customer around.

"Yep, 1000 cupcakes or more." The owner handed you and Tao the orders. "Here are all the orders that’ll need to be done by 3:00 pm." The owner quickly gave direction on how to put the cream on the cupcakes and how to package them, then out the door he go.

"1000 cupcakes by 3:00 pm." You check the clock. "Huk! It’s already 9!"

Tao pushed your head with his finger, "Why are you complaining anyway? Aren’t you’re the one who sign up for this?"

You glared at him, "I am not complaining! I’m just saying that it’s already 9, can we still make it in time!? That’s it!"

"Of course I can." He rolled up his sleeve. "Cause I’m just doing 1/4 of it. The rest are yours."

"What! No fair!" You retorted.

"Fair enough! Cause you’re the reason why I’m standing here!" He grabbed the cream and started swirling it on top of the cupcakes.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter