010

My Step Bastard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Using his cell phone as a flashlight, he lead you out of his room. You were clinging onto his arm tightly and was scanning around the dark hall as if something will pop out.

"It's not even raining so why does the electricity went out?" You asked.

"I had no idea." He replied.

"Will it turn back on?"

"Watch your step." He say softly as you two reached the stair.

"Mom and dad are not even home too… what are we going to do if it doesn’t turn back—AHH!!" You held onto his arm tighter when you miss a step. His other hand instantly held onto you as well.

"Yah!" He shouted in anger. "I told you to watch your step!"

Your voice trembled, "For your information, I can't see anything in the dark!"

"If you will shut your mouth and concentrate, then it'll be much more helpful! Gosh!" He light the way down again and mumbled, "I did told you to stay in the room but you kept insisting on coming with me."

"Because I'm scare to be alone." You replied to his mumble.

"Why are you scare of your own house!?"

"Why, I can't?!"

He looked at you frustratingly but you were too concentrated on the next step that you didn't noticed his stare. He let out a soft sigh and continued to lead you down the stair again.     

 

 

"Yep. It's dead." He closed the metal door after checking the electricity switch.

Your heart sank, "Then what are we going to do?"

He flashed the light at your face and you shut your eyes quickly, "What do you think we're going to do?" He walked back into the house.

"Yah! Wait for me!" You dashed after him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm tire. I'm going to bed." He replied.

"Then… then what about me?"

"Do whatever you want, just don’t bother me."

"But I can't sleep in this kind of situation!"

"So." He entered his room and slammed the door in front of your face.

"TAO!" You yelled out his name in anger. "I haven't brush my teeth yet!"

 

 

You probably will have to record this, for this is the first time you and Tao were actually in the restroom together brushing teeth. You were sitting on the toilet and Tao were standing at the sink. He rinsed his mouth and moved aside for you to rinse yours. As soon as you're done, he grabbed his cell phone and headed out.

"Wait!" You stopped him by grabbing onto the back of his shirt.

"What now?" He turned back to you.

You swallowed and slightly tilted your head toward the toilet, hoping that he'll understand.

"Huh?"

Your head dropped. Why does he have no common sense at all!?

"What you want this time?" He asked after he saw your expression.

"I… I need to pee." You mumbled quickly.

"Hur…" He looked away like 'seriously'. "Just bring my cell phone back to me when you're done." He stepped out again.

"Ah~ahh…" You grabbed the back of his shirt, preventing him to leave.

He groaned loudly, quite annoyed this time. "Alright, alright. I'll stand out here and wait for you."

You grinned happily and finally letting go of his shirt. He stepped out, shutting the door behind him.

 

 

Morning came… Tao stepped out of his room and the first thing he noticed was your door room was still close. He strolled over and slightly knocked on the door.

"Aera... are you awake yet? Aera." When he hear no response back, he twisted the knob and peek inside. But only to face an empty room.

He skipped down the stair quickly when he heard noises coming from down stair. He headed straight for the kitchen, not to find you but to find…

"Good morning oppa." Bomi gave him the sweetest morning smile and placed the fresh hot fried eggs and bacon plate on the table for him.

He was still stunned to see her and not you. "How did you—"

"Do you have a good night sleep?" She interrupted him.

He answered her with a short, "Uh."

"That's good. Have a seat, I made some special breakfast for you this morning." She sat down across from him as he have a seat. But instead of focusing on the breakfast, he glanced around to check if you're around somewhere.

"Are you looking for Aera?" Bomi asked.

He looked back at her and nodded. "Where did she go?"

"She went with Jackson oppa."

Just hearing 'Jackson's name' brought his eyebrow to crashed together.

"He said that he wanted to treat her for breakfast this morning."

Tao scoffed and looked away as he mumbled, "That g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter