Chapter 5

You're My Playground

I woke up the next morning, and when I wanted to get up, someone had his/her arm around me which made it almost impossible to get up without waking someone. I looked beside me and saw it was Daniel. I sighed when I remembered what happened yesterday. Such a weird day..

I tried to get his arm off me and made my way to the door, as quietly as possible. Luckily, I made it out without anyone waking up. I let out a breathe, when I realized I was holding my breath the whole time. I made my way and made some breakfast for the three of us. I ate mine first and left a note. The note read: "I'm out for a bit, here's breakfast! Enjoy! I'll be back soon, don't worry.

After changing into decent clothes, I made my way outside. It was cold, since it was winter. I wore leggings and an oversized sweater with my jacket over it. I was walking towards the supermarket to get some juice. After paying, I went back outside and sat at a nearby bench in the park. It's nice to get some fresh air in the morning. It was around 10 pm, and I didn't get much sleep, but I somehow didn't feel that tired. Megan and Daniel are probably recovering from a hungover so there's a big chance they're sleeping in today. 

I was drifting off in my own thoughts and didn't realize someone sat next to me, until that person tapped my shoulder. I got slightly startled, but calmed down when I saw who it was. 

"Hey Anna."

"Hey Mark, what are you doing here this early?" I asked and looked at him. He looked like he just woke up and went outside immediately. He still looked really handsome and cute, though.

"I could say the same to you. I was just getting some fresh air," he said and let out a laugh. I also laughed and nodded.

"Same here."

"Did you enjoy last night?" Mark asked, after a few minutes of silence. 

"Yeah, but it was a little weird. Yugyeom and Youngjae did make my night better," I said and looked ahead of me, staring at some old people walking around the park. 

"Really? They told us about getting ice cream with you and that they met a fan at the ice cream shop," he said and looked in the same direction as me.

"Hey, wanna go to our house? The boys aren't awake yet, but they would be happy if they saw you when they wake up," he said and smiled. 

"Really? How? We haven't known each other that long.." 

"Yeah, but you're really nice and we don't meet people like you everyday. Our life before living here was different. We couldn't even go outside normally without getting chased by fans.. I'm glad the people here aren't like that. Even when we meet fans, they try to stay away from us, not wanting to disturb us. We also couldn't have any friends that were girls and weren't idols. Fans would go on their twitter or facebooks and bash them or tell them to stay away from us. I had times I didn't like the attention one bit, but I kinda had to appreciate what I had. I mean, there are people out there without proper jobs, how can I complain?"

"That sounds.. tough. I can't imagine how you lived. It's okay to feel angered by those fans. I think that's normal.. Who would want their friends to be bashed? Seems hard, living a life without friends outside that 'idol world'.. I hope you guys are happier now. I really do, being an idol is really hard and I respect you so much for being able to live a life like that.."

"We are happier. I mean, we're still really thankful for the fans that truly love us and aren't possessive over us. I've felt like a different person ever since we moved here. The boys also really enjoy your company. You're like the first friend we had ever since we started being an idol. Thanks," he said and gave me a genuine smile.

"Thanks for what? It's not like I became friends with you guys because I had to, I did it voluntarily and I'm also really thankful to have met you guys. You've taught me many things and I'm really thankful for that," I said and smiled back at him. 

"Wanna go to our house? It's okay if you don't want to.."

"No, I'd love to," I said and smiled. We walked towards GOT7's house, which was 10 minutes from the park. We talked about school related things, about the P.E, dance project and about other stuff. 

"Ohh, we're here," I said and looked at the house from the outside. It looks small (for 7 guys to be living in), but it's kinda big? I really admire that about houses. You never know how big it is from the inside and you don't know what kind of things happen in those houses. They may look really simple from the outside, but they could be an artwork from the inside. The weird thing about houses is that they almost always look like nothing is happening inside of them, even though they contain most of our lives. I wondered if that was sort of the point of architecture. 

"Coming?" Mark asked. I totally drifted off in my own thoughts again, it's happening too frequently lately. 

"Yeah," I said and walked inside. 

"WHO'S THAT?" I heard someone yell. It sounded like Bambam, but I'm not sure..

"OH! Anna! How are you? I've missed you," Bambam said and hugged me. I hugged him back and let go, but he was still hugging me.

"Bhuwakul, you can let go," Jackson said, while passing by us. He didn't greet me and just walked away. I don't really mind, though. He's been an last night.

"Ahh, sorry Anna.." He said and patted my head. 

We walked to the living room and sat there. The only people that were awake were Mark, Jackson and Bambam. There was an awkward atmosphere and I started to feel more and more uncomfortable. 

"I don't know if this is rude to ask.. But could I use your practice room? I want to practice for the P.E. project," I said hesitantly. I really didn't know if that was rude to ask, but I still asked it, because I started to feel really uncomfortable. 

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead, it's around the corner and then the first room on the left," Mark said and smiled. I stood op and smiled back. 

"Have fun Anna!" Bambam said and waved. I laughed and walked to the practice room. I plugged my phone in and put on a random song to warm up. I took my jacket off and put it on the floor in front of the mirror. After warming up, I put the song on that Yugyeom and I danced to. Everything was going great and I even came up with a new part. It consisted of some flips and some popping. I repeated it and made sure it looked okay. I thought it was enough to do on my own, so I put on another song that I once choreographed to. I made this choreography when I was going through some things and I could really put my emotions in that piece. After finishing, I broke down and cried. I've realized that my mother hasn't texted me or called me. I didn't know if something was up, but there were times she did this. She would say she stayed at a friend's house or had to do some business and didn't come home for a few weeks. I realized how empty I actually felt. 

The song was still playing and I just sat in a corner and sobbed. I don't know how long I sat there, but it was long enough. I stood up and walked over to my phone. I decided to call my mother. The phone rung a few times but no one picked up, so I sent her a text.

Anna: Mom? Where are you? You said you would be home a few days ago, but you're still not here.. Just text me and tell me you're okay, I wouldn't mind if you didn't come home for a few more days, but just let me know you're okay..

I sent it and I was still crying. I know I cry over little things, but my mother or my family has always been a sensitive topic to me. I don't like talking about it, and I also don't like talking about my feelings. 

"Oh my god! Anna, are you okay? What's wrong? Come here," Yugyeom said. He turned off the music before hugging me. 

"Mind telling me what's wrong?" He asked, still embracing me and my hair.

"N-not re-really.." I said and snickered, "Just don't tell the others about this."

"Hmm, okay. It's okay, you'll be okay. Everything will turn out just fine, don't worry, okay?" He said and kept on saying comforting words to me. I eventually stopped crying and wiped my dried up tears.

"Wanna practice?" Yugyeom asked and looked at me. I nodded and he turned the music on. We danced to it, until we gat halfway the song. I kept on doing the part I just came up with and stopped after finishing. 

"Wow! That was good! Did you come up with that?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was practicing a while ago and came up with that," I said. I taught him the steps and he picked it up very quickly. He also came up with a part, which was house. I let the house part over to him, since I'm not good or experienced. I'm also not even close to his level, he's been doing this for years and I just started doing this last week. 

"Wahh, I'm really happy with what we've got so far!" 

"Me too. You're the best partner I've had so far! You're technique is so good and you're experienced," I said and patted his head, almost unable to reach it. He laughed at me and slightly bent down for me to pat his head. We both laughed and decided it was enough for today. I checked if my eyes were puffy or red, so the boys wouldn't notice.

"You look fine, come on!" Yugyeom said and waited at the door for me. I thanked him again for comforting me and we walked into the living room, where everyone else was watching TV. I waved and greeted them and made my way to the kitchen with Yugyeom. He gave me some water and an apple. 

"Thanks," I said again and sat down at their dining table. I checked my phone to see if I had any text from my mom, but the only text I got was from Megan.

Megan: Anna Lee! It's 2 pm, why are you not back?
Anna: Calm down, woman. I'm at GOT7's house, just finished practicing. I'll be back soon.
Megan: K. Daniel is annoying, get back PLEASE

"Yugyeomie, my friend is kinda mad that I'm not home, so I have to get back. Thanks again for earlier and I'll see you soon," I said and went to the boys to say bye.

"Bye guys, see you next time," I said and walked towards the door with Yugyeom following me. 

"Text me when you get home! And don't worry about earlier, I won't tell. You can tell me why you were crying if you're ready, bye little one!" He said and waved. I waved back at him and made my way home. 

I unlocked the door and heard Megan yelling to Daniel.

"SHUT UP WILL YOU? SHE'S AT GOT7'S PLACE, NOT IN AFRICA! SHUT UP!" 

"Ehh, hi?" I said and walked to Megan to hug her. I saw Daniel in the kitchen.

"Why were you at GOT7's place?" He asked and looked at me.

"Because I wanted to?" I said and went upstairs to change into comfortable clothes. I laid on my bed and texted Yugyeom, as promised.

Anna: Yugyeomie! I'm home~ 
Yugyeom: Helloooooo! Good, me too  (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ I'm gonna eat some food now, byeee
Anna: Very kawaii LMAO stuff yourself with lots of food, you still need to grow
Yugyeom: But I'm like twice your height LOL 
Anna: Yeah and I'm kinda short and you're a boy, so go eat and grow more!
Yugyeom: Okay, I will. Will you treat me to bubble tea if I grow tall?
Anna: No, you have to treat me because you accomplished something.
Yugyeom: What kind of logic is that? Whatever, I'm eating! 
Anna: Okay, I'm gonna take a nap, see you soon!
Yugyeom: Goodnight (??) Anna!! 

I put my phone down, plugged my earphones in and drifted off to sleep. 

I woke up at 6 and shot up immediately. How did I sleep this long? I slept through my whole day! And I haven't made dinner for Megan and Daniel.. I got off my bed and went downstairs, only finding Megan and Daniel cooking dinner.

"You're finally awake? Sleepy head," Megan said and continued cooking. I looked at what they were making, but they pushed me away.

"We're showing our gratitude by cooking you dinner, go hang out in the living room. We'll tell you when we're ready," Megan said and walked me to the couch. I side eyed her when she walked away and sighed. They never cook.. Are they going to burn down my house? I've lived here for my whole life, they can't make that.. 

"We're not gonna burn down your house, idiot!" Megan said. How did she-

"How did you know? What the hell.." I said and shrugged. 

After watching TV for a while and zapping through channels, they finally told me dinner was ready. I found it weird that Daniel hasn't really spoken or said anything.. 

I helped them with the plates and we put the food on the table. They made spaghetti. 

"Thanks for the food guys!" I said and sat down. It didn't look that special, but I really appreciated it that they took the effort to make me dinner. They haven't made me dinner ever since we became friends 4 years ago. I know it sounds over exaggerated, but it's true. 

"We took 2 hours to make this, so you have to eat all of it!" Megan said and laughed. How did they take 2 hours? Spaghetti can be made in less than 1 hour.. 

"How did you take that long.. And where did you get the ingredients?" I asked and looked at them.

"We went to the supermarket when you slept," Daniel said and started eating without giving us another glance. I really don't get why he's been acting like this since I got back, but I put it aside and planned on talking about it to him later on this day, only if he wanted to talk about it of course.

"Aw, but you know I like going to the supermarket," I said and unknowingly pouted. 

"Don't worry, I bought you two banana-orange smoothies," Daniel said, again not looking up. 

"Really? Thanks! You're the best!" I said and started eating. It was actually quite good! Which is surprising.. I complemented them on their cooking, but only Megan gave me a big smile. Daniel only nodded and that's it. 

Dinner was okay, I think. Megan and I talked a lot and I told her about last night. She almost had a meltdown when she heard that she kissed Jeff. I laughed at her and shrugged.

"That's what you get for getting drunk."

"You could've dragged me with you?!" She said. I'm sure she's not really mad at me, just mad at the situation and what she did.

"Sorry, I was there for a minute and left afterwards. I'll make sure to drag you with me next time we go out," I said and gave her an 'okay?' sign. She nodded and laughed. 

We finished dinner and I did the dishes, since it's still my house and I wouldn't want them to do the dishes while they already spent so much time making dinner. After doing the dishes, I went upstairs to get my phone and headed downstairs afterwards. I apparently received a few text messages and one missed phone call. I frowned and opened the messages while walking down the stairs. 

Yugyeom: Annaaa, have you had dinner? We just ordered pizza!
Yugyeom: Why aren't you replying :---(

Mark: Hey, we're ordering pizza. Wanna come over?

One missed call: Yugyeom

I made a weird 'thinking'-face and decided to reply. 

Anna: Hey Yugyeomie, sorry for not replying a while ago. I was having dinner, but thanks for the offer! I'll come next time you guys order something, just tell me a day ahead ahahaha anyways, don't fight over the pizza with your hyungs! xo

Anna: Mark! Sorry, I just had dinner and just read your text.. I'll come over next time, okay?

I smiled and sat on the couch. It's nice to know they like my company. 

I watched some TV and Daniel and Megan joined me on the couch. We sat there in silence until Daniel spoke up. 

"Anna, wanna take a walk and buy some bubble tea?" 

"But what about Megan?" I asked. It would be weird to leave her alone, right? 

"I'm going to sleep, still need to get over my hangover," she said and gave me a thumbs up. She went upstairs while waving at us and while making weird faces. I waved back and laughed at her silliness. 

"Let's go then," I said and went to the hallway to put on my shoes and my jacket. The weather forecast said that it's gonna be snowing soon, so better be prepared than unprepared. 

We went outside and walked towards a little cafe. It's really cozy and very lovely. It's also one of my favorite cafes, which is probably why Daniel brought me here. I ordered bubble tea and Daniel ordered a latte macchiato and a hot chocolate milk. 

"Why did you order 2 drinks for yourself?" I asked, since I already ordered bubble tea.

"For you. It's cold, why would you be drinking a cold drink?" He said. 

"But it's never-"

"I know, it's never too cold for bubble tea, but just in case you crave something warm," he said and paid for our order. We walked to a table for two and sat down. 

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked, still not actually knowing why he brought me here, since he didn't know. 

"Oh, yeah that.. Please don't get mad at what I'm about to say.." He said and looked down. I nodded, even though he wasn't looking. 

"I won't," I said and told him to go on. 

"Well.. I was wondering.. Are you planning on hanging out with GOT7 a lot?" He asked. 

"Yeah, probably.. They're really nice to me, so yeah," I said and waited for his reply/reaction. The only thing he did was sigh and stay silent for a while. I gave him a confusing look and also didn't say anything. He finally spoke up after a good minute of silence. 

"Okay.. Firstly, I have to tell you this.. Jackson was being an last night and I may or may not have fought with him.." 

"What? Why would you do that? You usually don't fight.." I said. I was not mad at him, just a bit worried and disappointed? He usually doesn't fight, only when he has to defend himself. I know he can defend himself fine and he's really strong, but why would he fight with Jackson..

"He was pissing me off," he said and looked down at his drink, which arrived a while ago.

"So you punched him in the face? You should've just walked away or something," I said. I thought there was a real reason, like he got threatened or Jackson punched him first, but he fought with Jackson only because he pissed him off? 

"I'm sorry, okay.."

I didn't say anything and took a sip of my bubble tea. I kinda regretted it, since it was cold and I drank a cold drink. Me being smart, as always. Fortunalely, Daniel bought the hot chocolate milk for me. I waited for Daniel to continue his story or say something else. He wouldn't bring me here only to tell me about his fight with Jackson, right?

"So.. That wasn't really the only thing. You know how my mother has been sick since last year?"

"Yeah, but she told me she would get better soon and that it's not that serious," I said.

"About that.. She only said that so you wouldn't worry, I also discovered this 2 months ago, but I wanted to wait for the right time to tell you.. There's also a really big chance she's not gonna survive.." He said and sighed. He didn't look me in the eye and stared mindlessly outside. I could see his eyes water, and Daniel wasn't the type to cry at all.. Although it's kinda logical to cry in a situation like this.

"W-what? Ho-how did t-that h-happen? She was fine when we visited her a while ago!" I said. I don't know what I was getting angry for. Probably just at how unfair life is. I was really close to Daniel's mother and she treated me like her own daughter. She's also helped me through a lot. I felt that I was gonna tear up soon. 

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to tell it to you this late.. We can visit her next week, okay?" He said and held my hand. It gave me an assuring feeling whenever he did this. 

We sat there in silence for a while and drank our drinks. I decided to not think about Daniel's mother too much, since it would only make me sad. I also had to think about Daniel, of course. It was his own mother and it would be more than normal that it hurt him much more than it hurt me. It wouldn't get any better if we were both sad, so I tried to put my mind off of it and cheer up Daniel. I've never been great with comforting people, but I'll try for the sake of Daniel. 

"It has started snowing, let's go home," I said and stood up. He soon stood up with me and held his hand out. I held it and smiled. We went outside and it was indeed snowing, and colder than earlier. I shivered and unawaringly pouted.

"Are you cold?"

"A tiny little bit," I said. He put the hand, which he was holding, into the pocket of his jacket. It was really warm there and I realized he had a hot pack in there.

"Always prepared huh," I said and laughed. He also laughed and looked straight ahead, smiling. We walked past a car and there was snow on it, so I grabbed a hand full with snow and smashed it on his head. He got startled for a bit and started yelling. I ran away and laughed.

"YAH ANNA LEE! COME BACK HERE IMMEDIATELY, YOU BRAT!" I laughed at his outburst and collected more snow, aiming it at him. I failed miserably and got snow in my face instead. 

"DANIEL, YOU BASTARD!" I said and crept up behind him, while he was making a snowball. I backhugged him so he couldn't throw any snow at me. He wasn't really able to move, so he threw the snow backwards, not really knowing where he was throwing to. It only got in our hair and I laughed, letting him go. 

"Ahh, that's enough. Let's go home," he said and grabbed my hand again, putting it in his pocket along with his own hand. We walked in a comfortable silence, enjoying the beautiful sight of the snow. 

"Thanks for the bubble tea and hot chocolate!" I beamed and smiled. He nodded and patted my head. We soon arrived home and when we went in, it was silent. Maybe Megan is sleeping. I went upstairs to check if she was indeed sleeping, and she was. I also decided to change my clothes and wash my hair, because snow got in it and maybe some unknown dirt. Daniel came in and helped me.

"Lean forward," he said and slightly pushed my head. I did what he asked and stood there leaning forward, with Daniel helping me washing my hair. I helped him afterwards and brushed my teeth before going to my room to change.

"Go away Daniel, I'm changing," I whispered and shooed him away. He laughed and walked out, standing outside the door waiting for me to change. I changed into some sweatpants and a thick sweater. Megan was sleeping in shorts and a thin sweater, so I looked for another blanket and covered her with it. I also looked for some clothes for Daniel. He always left some clothes here, so I handed those to him. I gave him sweatpants and a sweater. 

"Here, go change in the bathroom," I said and laid down next to Megan. I stared at the ceiling, so many things were going through my mind. I got startled when Daniel laid down next to me.

"What you thinking about?" He asked and faced me.

"Just thinking," I said and closed my eyes. It was now 11pm. I didn't know Daniel and I stayed away that long? We had one day left before we had to go back to school again and I'm pretty sure we're gonna spend tomorrow by lying in bed, sleeping, talking or watching movies. 

"Are you gonna sleep?" Daniel asked. I nodded and hugged him. 

"I love you two so much," I said and snugged my face into his chest. He my hair and hugged me back.

"Mhm, I love you too. Go to sleep, you're probably tired," he said and I nodded. I could feel him move a bit and put earphones in my ear, since he knew I can't sleep without music. I fell asleep pretty fast, and I'm sure Daniel did too. 
 

A/N: 

Hello!

I updated yayy! I'm sorry for not having that many GOT7 interactions in this chapter, but they'll come soon. 
I'm also really surprised that I almost have 220 views, like wtf? And, I know what y'all are thinking, but that's a lot for me! I'm so bad at writing and yet there are people subscribing and viewing my story. I really do hope you guys like it, and if you have some suggestions for the story, leave it in the comments! 
I get so excited whenever I get a new subscriber or new comments, it brightens up my day! 

I'm also really enjoying writing this story, but my laptop broke and I have to borrow my mother's laptop everytime I write, so I don't always have a laptop. , because if I did, I would be updating quite a lot.. 

Have you guys seen Real GOT7 Season 2 yet? I did and I really like it! I also like Real 15&, they're so pretty and funny and PRETTY!

Subscribe, leave a comment and keep on enjoying the story if you already are! 

xo