Chapter 21

You're My Playground

Today was the day I was finally going to meet Jenny!! I was getting ready with Yugyeom with music on and danced around from time to time. The others were going to stay in today, because they all went to sleep late, while Yugyeom and I slept really early because we agreed to meet up with Jenny at around 11am, which meant we had to wake up around 9.45am. It was nearing 10.45 and we had to leave in 5 minutes, but Yugyeom was still doing his hair. 

"Oppa, you look good. Can we please go?" I said. He had been doing his hair for the past 10 minutes, and in those 10 minutes, I finished changing and blowdrying my hair. 

"Yeah yeah, I'm done!" He said and left the bathroom. His hair was flat, so I didn't really understand what took him so long to do nothing, but well, guys.. We were on time and the taxi was waiting for us in front of the hotel, so I had no problem with it. 

"I'm so excited to finally meet her!" I said and squealed. Yugyeom looked at me, laughed and shook his head. "I hope she's pretty," he said. Now it was my turn to laugh and shake my head. I've shown him a few pictures of her, so I don't understand why he's even hoping for her to be pretty. The pictures already showed that she was really pretty so....

We arrived in the centre of London and made our way to a monument where we agreed on meeting up. From afar, I didn't see any girl standing there. There was a bench next to the monument, so Yugyeom and I decided to sit there and wait for Jenny. 

"Anna?" Someone suddenly popped up from behind us. I got startled and held onto Yugyeom's arm. When I realized it was Jenny, I stood up immediately and gave her a hug.

"Oh my god! Jenny!" 

"I can't believe we finally met each other. You're even prettier in real life!!" She said and enveloped me in yet another hug. We (accidentally) forgot about Yugyeom, until I remembered it again. 

"Ah! Wait, I forgot to introduce you to this guy right here," I said and pointed at Yugyeom, who was awkwardly standing behind me. Before stretching her hand out to shake his hand, she squealed. 

"Oh my god, nice to meet you! I'm Jenny and I'm a big fan," she said and shook his hand. We decided to eat some lunch and just basically talk. Well, we started off talking about London and what we did the past few days, but the topic eventually ended up being Yugyeom and GOT7. I wasn't really saying much anymore, because.. well, she asked Yugyeom. 

"So, tell me about your life before you got into JYP," she said, taking a sip of her drink. 

"Uh, I already told you everything.." He said. Yugyeom and I sat next to each other, so he nudged me in the side, probably asking me to safe him or do something. Although I did want to, there was nothing I could really do. 

"Yugyeom and I went to Brian's workshop a few days ago!" I said and smiled, trying to change the subject because Yugyeom was starting to feel uncomfortable. I could see that by his face expressions and body language.

"Yeah, you told me! Oh, and Yugyeom, you started off with House, right?" She asked. Yugyeom sighed and nodded. The rest of lunch was basically Jenny asking Yugyeom about his whole life. Not only his idol life, but also his personal life, which was going a bit too far. She even asked him how we met, even though I already told her a thousand times.. We left  after finishing everything and went to the mall to shop around and buy souvenirs. I was happy that we could finally do something else besides sitting down and talking about Yugyeom's whole life story. I mean, I understand that she wanted to know more about him, after all, she was a big fan, but she asked him a lot of personal questions, which might have gone too far. 

This whole while in the mall, Jenny was walking with Yugyeom, probably still asking him all kinds of questions, while I was walking in the back. I thought today was going to be a very happy and fun day, but it ended up being less fun than I thought.. I felt like I was being a third wheel. Not once did Jenny talk to me.. There were times Yugyeom glanced back to see if I was still there, but that's it. I could not handle this any longer. I felt so lonely and left out. I thought I was going to have a fun day with my best friends, but no. It was the complete opposite.. It was more like my two best friends were having fun together and forgot about me. 

We were now in a men and women clothing store and I was just casually looking at a shirt that I really liked. In the corner of my eye, I could still see Jenny and Yugyeom, so I wasn't really worried. I saw another shirt that I really liked, but accidentally dropped a few shirts while I walked passed them. I picked them up and grabbed the shirt I liked. When I turned around, Yugyeom and Jenny were gone.. I frowned and walked around the store a few times and also checked outside, but they were both nowhere to be seen.. I sighed and left the store, calling Jinyoung on my way out.  It was around 1pm, so he must be awake. Jinyoung never sleeps in till after 12. 

"Anna?" He said, "Why are you calling? Shouldn't you be having fun with Yugyeom and your friend?" 

"Hi oppa.. Yeah, I was supposed to be having fun with them, but they're kinda having fun together and now I'm on my own.." I said. 

"What? Why?" He asked worriedly. 

"They both bailed on me.." I sighed. I didn't really know where to go. I spotted a Starbucks from afar and walked towards it. 

"They did?! Are you kidding me? Even Yugyeom? Where are you now? I'll accompany you," Jinyoung said. I could still hear worry in his voice, which made me feel really bad..

"No, you don't have to. I'm going to stop by Starbucks and head back," I said, entering Starbucks.

"No, I'm still coming. Wait for me there, okay?" He said and I could hear rumbling sounds afterwards. 

"Hmm.. okay, I'll buy something for you," I said and hung up after saying bye. I walked up to the cashier and ordered two pumpkin spice latte's and two muffins. I took a seat in the corner and waited for the orders and Jinyoung. The order arrived after 10 minutes, because there were quite a lot of people. 

"Anna!" I heard someone yelling from the entrance. I turned my head and saw a heavily breathing Jinyoung. I waved my hand for him to see he soon spotted me. He speedwalked to the table I was sitting at and sat down across from me.

"These two are for you," I said and lightly shoved the drink and the muffin to him. 

"Thanks," he said and smiled.

"Did you run?" I asked. 

"Uhm.. No, of course I didn't.." He denied. I laughed and shook my head. 

"Oppa, you didn't even have to hurry.. I'm not going to die here on my own, you know?" I said. 

"I know, but I was just scared that you were going to feel lonely. I really don't understand those two, especially Yugyeom. I thought he was your best friend.. How could he do something like that to you?" He said and frowned. It looked like he was really bothered by it, maybe even more than I was. I honestly wasn't that bothered. I had high expectations of today, but whatever happens, happens, right? I can't really do anything about it..

"I'm okay, I'm really thankful that you're here," I said, "Want to shop around later?" He nodded and smiled. We talked about our trip to Brighton tomorrow and planned a few things. I was really excited for the upcoming days. We only had 4 days left and in those four days, we were going to visit 4 other cities. We already planned a part of Brighton, but not everything. 

"Let's just forget about what happened and have fun with the two of us!" Jinyoung said and did a silly dance. I laughed and hooked my arm with his. We exited the Starbucks and took a look at our surroundings. There were a lot of stores here, so we were deciding on which one to go in. We ended up going in TOPMEN first, to look for clothes for Jinyoung, because he never really buys clothes. He got most of his clothes as presents from other members, so he doesn't really feel the need to buy anything. 

"What kind of style do you like, oppa?" I asked, looking around the store for things that would fit him.

"Uhm, like casual clothes? I don't like bright colours," He said. I nodded and looked around, spotting tons of things that he might like.

"I also like casual clothes and I don't like bright colours, so this isn't going to be hard," I said and dragged him along with me through the store. I enjoy looking at men's clothing more than I enjoy looking at women's clothing, which is weird honestly.. 

"What do you think of this one?" I asked, putting a plaid blouse in front of him. Plaid blouses look good on almost everyone, and he liked it, so that's a win win situation! We ended up buying only that blouse and a pair of jeans for him. The rest of the day was filled with joy and laughter. I was really glad and thankful that Jinyoung wanted to spent today with me. It ended up being a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I even forgot about the whole Yugyeom and Jenny thing, but when we got back to the hotel, I remembered it again, but that was because the others mentioned it. They were all quite disappointed in Yugyeom and they felt sad that my best friend (Jenny) didn't turn out to be who I expected her to be. We decided to go swimming again, this time a bit longer. There was also a huge slide there, which was mainly why we liked the swimming pool. We each went to our rooms to get into swimwear and met up in the hall.

"Let's have some fun!~" Bambam said and put his fist up. We all walked to the swimming pool and put our stuff in a locker, excluding the towels. Bambam, Jackson and Mark jumped in the water, splashing everyone with it. I put my hair up in a pony tail before entering the water. I didn't jump in like Bambam, Jackson and Mark did. Instead, I sat down and put my feet in the water first. 

"Get in!" Jackson said and pulled my arm, but I refused. I pulled my arm back and slowly entered the water. Just when I got in, I got splashed with water immediately.

"YAH! You guys are being unfair," I said and uknowingly pouted. I turned around and swam towards Jinyoung. 

"Want to go down the slide?" Jinyoung asked. 

"Sure!" I said and got out of the water with him, making our way to the stairs to go up. Last time we went here, we went up the stairs multiple times and it was really tiring. It was only my first time walking up these stairs today, and I was already getting tired.

"YAH WAIT!" I heard someone yell from a few stairs down. By the voice, I heard it was Bambam. His voice is not that common.. He has a very baby-like voice, which is really cute. 

"We're not going anywhere, don't worry," I said and stood still. To be very honest, I waited for him because I was getting tired. The slide was pretty high so that's why the stairs were also high. I liked the fact that the slide was high, but I HATE stairs, I absolutely hate them. 

When Bambam was behind us, I could see Jackson and Mark also running up. The only ones who were still in the swimming pool itself, were Jaebum and Youngjae. I know that Youngjae doesn't like slides or heights, so maybe Jaebum wanted to accompany him so he wouldn't feel lonely. 

"Wait before going down, okay? I don't want to break my spine," Jinyoung said and sat down, waiting for the light to turn green. I nodded and laughed. I also don't like it when people go immediately after me.. And I don't trust Bambam nor do I trust Jackson, so I asked Mark to go after me. Bambam and Jackson kept on whining, but since Mark is older than them, they couldn't really do anything against it. I slid down and at the end of the slide, I plunged into the water. Jinyoung was there at the side, probably waiting for everyone to be down.

"Hey oppa!" I smiled and stood next to him. We waited for Mark to come down, and soon followed after that, were Jackson and Bambam, together. See? I wasn't wrong when I said that I didn't trust them with this. 

We went back to Jaebum and Youngjae and spent the next three hours swimming there. We'd gone off the slide a few more times before deciding to leave, because our hands and feet were all wrinkly and old-looking. 

"I want to sleep.." I said and stretched my arms. We were on our way back to our hotel rooms and we had to wake up early the next day, because we were going to Brighton. 

"You can, after you take a shower," Jinyoung said and ruffled my still wet hair. I sighed and nodded. I gave each of them a hug and went back to my own room. I was planning on taking a shower and coming to their rooms later to help them with their stuff. I entered my own room and threw everything on the bed. I immediately jumped in the shower and stayed there for over 30 minutes. I was glad that the others wanted to somehow cheer me up by going to the swimming pool. I wasn't that bothered by it anymore, because sometimes happens and there's not much we can do about it. 

After half an hour in the shower and getting more wrinkly, I finally stepped out. I dried myself, wrapped the towel around my head and went into my room to change into comfortable clothes. I blowdried my hair and went to the room next to mine. I knocked on the door and was greeted by an overjoyed Bambam. He dragged me inside and sat down on the bed, so I sat down beside him. 

"So.. are you guys done packing yet?" I asked. It wasn't a surprise when they all shook their head. Meanwhile, I was already done packing since this morning. I don't like rushing, because I easily forget things. "I'll help you then," I said, "I'll fold your clothes for you."

"You don't have to! We can do it ourselves, look!" Youngjae said and showed me his suitcase. It looked messy and as if nothing else would fit in there anymore. He wasn't even halfway there.. I got up from the bed and sat down nex to his suitcase. I unpacked the clothes in it and folded them again. I was done in less than 2 minutes and the boys seemed so surprised. We spent the next hour helping each other pack. 

"It literally took Youngjae over 15 minutes to fold his clothes and here you are, folding all our clothes in less than 15 minutes.." Jaebum said and chuckled. We were laughing at Youngjae's face, until someone's phone rang. It was Jaebum's phone.

"Hello?" Jaebum said and frowned. 

"YAH! Why aren't you back yet?" Jaebum yelled. He actually looked really intimidating.. "Whatever, make sure you're back before tomorrow. We're going to sleep now, bye." He sighed and put his phone away, "It was Yugyeom. He told us that he would be back later." 

"I can't believe he's staying out with Anna's former best friend.." Jackson said and shook his head. Well, I can't believe it either, but what can I do about it? Let's just hope he comes back before we leave for Brightontomorrow..

"Hmm, let's go to bed then. We have to wake up at 8," Jinyoung said. He called a company to hire a car a while ago, so that's why we already knew what time we were leaving. Our plan was to go to Brighton first, then to Oxford, then Birmingham and then Manchester. Manchester was all the way up and like 4 hours from London, and Brighton was all the way down, about 2 hours from London, so we wanted to go in a logical route; starting at the bottom and ending at the top. 

"I'll be leaving first. Goodnight oppa's, don't stay op too late to play games," I said and made my way to the door. I opened it and closed it behind me. I suddenly heard feetsteps behind me, so I turned around, only to find Jackson following me. 

"Oppa? What are you doing?" I asked.

"Uhm.. Want me to stay with you until you're asleep?" He asked. 

"Noo, you also need to rest," I said. I turned around and opened the door to my room. When I was about to close it, Jackson but his foot between it. "Yah, oppa.. Go to sleep."

"I was just scared that you might feel lonely.." He said.

"I won't, promise~" I said and put my pinky in front of him. He hooked his pinky with mine and we connected our thumbs, smiling afterwards. 

"Keep it! Okay? I'll come wake you up tomorrow~" He said and walked out. He glanced back and waved one last time. I waited for him to enter his own room, before I closed the door. I changed into my pajamas and brushed my teeth, also washing my face and putting moisturizer on before going to bed. For the first time that day, I took my phone out of my bag. I wrapped myself in the blanket and unlocked my phone. I had tons of missed calls from Yugyeom and a few texts.. 

Yugyeom: Anna~ Where are you?
Yugyeom: Yah.. Please answer your calls! Where are you? Why did you suddenly leave?
Yugyeom: Anna Lee! Why aren't you answering??? 

I sighed and deleted the messages. I also deleted the missed calls and went to my music playlist. I plugged my earphones in and listened to some music before going to sleep. Just in case Jackson woke up too early, I set my alarm for 6.45am, so I would still have some time to go to the boys' room. I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep. Today has been such a weird day and I'm glad it ended. I'm also glad for all the others for sticking with me today. I had a lot of fun while swimming and I was super thankful to Jinyoung for running to the mall to accompany me. 


*****

"Annaa~" I groaned and covered my head with my pillow. I was still super tired, because I kept on waking up last night. I also noticed that I'd been sleeping on one arm, because my right arm was sore. 

"Wake up, it's almost 7am." I sighed and eventually got up. I sat up straight and looked at my side, to see who woke me up. I rubbed my eyes until it got clearer. "Oh, oppa. Goodmorning," I said and gave him a hug. He hugged me back and told me to go get ready. I laughed and got out of bed, taking a few things I needed, with me to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth under the shower. Afte 10 minutes, I got out and saw Jackson still on my bed.

"Oppa, shouldn't you be packing or helping the others?" I asked.

"No, we packed everything already. The others are taking a shower and I woke up extra early so I wouldn't have to wait," he said and smiled. I nodded and walked to my suitcase to put everything back in. I did my make up quickly and blowdried my hair.

"Anna, aren't you cold in those clothes?" He asked. I looked down at my clothes. I was wearing a thick legging with a circle skirt and a blouse, so I wasn't that cold.. 

"No, this legging is actually really warm," I said. He nodded and went on with playing games on his phone. I finished putting everything in my suitcase and walked around the room to see if I forgot anything. I checked every single corner and luckily didn't find anything. I threw my earphones, wallet and phone charger in my backpack. 

"Done! Let's go, oppa," I said and pulled him off the bed. I put my coat and shoes on and my backpack afterwards. I grabbed my phone from the bed and put it in my pocket. I held onto Jackson's arm and dragged him out of the room with me. I didn't close the door yet, because I also had to carry my suitcase out. After that, I closed the door behind me. I put my roomkeys in my pocket. We knocked on the room next to mine and waited. 

"Oh, hey Anna. Done already?" Jinyoung asked. I nodded and helped him and Youngjae carry their suitcases out of the room. We all put our suitcases in the hall and went to the room next to theirs. When we knocked on the door, Mark opened. He was of course the only one in that room.

"Goodmorning oppa," I said and smiled. He smiled back and carried his suitcase out, putting it next to Jinyoung's suitcase. On to the next room. 

"Goodmorning Anna! Goodmorning hyungs~" Bambam beamed and carried his suitcase out of the room. It almost seemed like he had the best sleep of his life, which I highly doubt.. 

"Goodmorning oppa~ Did you sleep well?" I asked. Bambam shook his head, which made all of us frown. We ended up laughing. I went to Jaebum's room and knocked on his door. He opened and carried his suitcase out. I kept the door open, just in case he forgot something. After a minute or so, Yugyeom walked out of the room with his suitcase. I wasn't really in the mood to greet him, so I walked into Jaebum's room and looked around to see if he brought everything with him. I found earphones near the nightstand, so I picked it up. I'm sure Jaebum's going to be glad that I found these. I also checked in the bathroom, but found nothing, so I exited the room. We all made our way to the elevator with our suitcases. 

"Oppa, I found these in your room," I said and handed Jaebum his earphones. His eyes lit up and he broke out in a smile. 

"Thank you! I didn't even know I lost them, but thanks for finding them," Jaebum said and hugged me. I patted his back and let go, because I was almost suffocating. Immediately when the elevatordoors opened, we walked out of the elevator one by one. We went to the receptionist and gave him our keys. We had to comfirm some information first, just in case they found something that we lost here. After that, we thanked him for the wonderful stay and left the hotel. In front of it, were two people with two cars. One big van for us and the other one was for them to get back. We confirmed our names and thanked them. After putting all our suitcases in there (which surprisingly fit), we all entered the car. 

"Anna, you can sit near the window, since you get sick and stuff when you don't," Jinyoung said and stepped aside for me to get in first. I thanked him and went all the way to the back, sitting on the left side of the van, near the window. I grabbed my earphones out of my bag and put my bag under my feet. I took my coat off and tried to put it in my bag. With much difficulty, I got it in. I zipped it up and sat up straight, only to see Yugyeom sitting next to me. I didn't know if I had to say anything or not, and my first reaction was putting my earphones in and listening to music. I didn't really feel like talking, so I decided to sleep. I had to catch up on some sleep anyway. 

*****

An hour later, I woke up because someone was moving. My eyes fluttered open and I looked to my side. The boys were intensively dancing to their song 'A'.. they were also singing.. very loudly.. 

I took out my earphones, "What are you guys doing?" I could hear my voice was a bit hoarse.

"Oh Anna! Sorry for waking you up.." Mark said and turned the volume down. 

"It's okay, I'm awake now. Go on with your dancing session," I chuckled. They nodded and smiled. Mark put the volume up again and again, they all started singing and dancing (while sitting). I eventually joined them when I was fully awake. It wasn't that hard to wake up with them moving and singing this loud.. 

"Kids, we're going to take a break at this gasstation. Go get some food and stretch," Jaebum said and stopped. We all got out and started stretching. One hour isn't that long, but when you're sleeping with your neck bent, it gets a little bit stiffy. 

"I'm going in to buy food, do you guys want anything?" I asked. They all nodded, so I went inside and bought 8 sandwiches and 8 bottles of water. I also bought a few coffees.

"Uhm.. Anna.." 

I got startled and almost dropped the coffees. I turned my head and saw Yugyeom standing there. "Oh, hey," I said and put the coffee down on the table in front of me. 

"Uh, can we talk.. about yesterday?" He asked.

"There's not really anything to talk about, is there?" I said. I really wasn't in the mood to talk, "Here, your sandwich, your water and your coffee. I'll just carry these out to the others," I said and walked away, only to be stopped by Yugyeom. 

"Please.." 

"Okay, but be quick. Coffee is getting cold," I said and put everything down again. 

"Everything  that happened yesterday wasn't what it looked like.. I got dragged along with her the whole day, even though I didn't want to. We eventually lost you and I was really worried, but she didn't let me go look for you.." He said.

"Okay, you're forgiven. Can I please bring this to the others now?" I said and walked towards the exit. This time, I wasn't stopped by him, which I was relieved about. I handed the drinks and the food to the other members and went back in the car. I felt kinda bad for leaving Yugyeom behind like that, but I didn't feel like talking to him, yet. I know I have to, sometime, but not yet. While I was thinking, Jackson suddenly came to sit next to me. 

"Hey," he said, while taking a bite out of his sandwich. 

"Hey," I said and stared out of the window.

"Did you and Yugyeom talk it out?" He asked.

I shook my head and sighed, "No, I kinda walked away.." I said. 

"Hmm, it's okay. I understand. Just don't think of it too much, okay? Talk with him when you're ready," he said and gave me a peck on my cheek. I nodded and slightly smiled. I also started eating my sandwich and drinking my coffee. After another 30 minutes, we moved on with our trip to Brighton. Only an hour left in this car..