Chapter 10

You're My Playground

Monday arrived, which means school. I let out a big sigh before getting out of bed and getting ready. I remembered we had to show our choreography to all the classes of our grade with P.E. so got excited immediately. I'm sure Yugyeom and I will do great! We practiced a lot and put so much effort in it. 

"Honey, do I need to pack your lunch for you?" Mom yelled from downstairs. I was happy to hear her voice, because that means she did come home last night and didn't spend the night there. Usually when she does stay the night, it wasn't one night but maybe a whole week.

"Yeah, thank you!" I yelled back and packed my books in my bag and went downstairs. I grabbed an apple and put my shoes and jacket on. Just then, there was knock on the door. I opened it to see Megan and Daniel. I hugged them and went to school with them. The first few hours were normal, nothing special, really. WHen it was time for P.E. I rushed to my locker, to find Yugyeom standing there.

"Hey Anna!" He beamed and hugged me. I hugged him back and smiled. I quickly grabbed my P.E. clothes.

"Hello oppa, nervous?" I asked. He shook his head immediately.

"No, because I know we practiced it well enough. I'm really really excited!" He grinned. We both went our seperate ways (into the locker rooms) and changed quickly. We met up outside the locker room to practice one more time. Everything went perfect and Daniel even complimented us. He also told me that he was going to the assignment on his own, because Eli was being a about it, as expected of Eli. I knew Daniel was going to do well, so I wasn't really worried. He also didn't seem bothered at all, I think he was glad that Eli left the team. 

"Kids! Everyone! Go sit on the benches and let's wait for everyone else," one of the P.E. teachers said. He went back to the other P.E. teachers and discussed something. Meanwhile, Yugyeom and I talked about our excitement. Oh! Something I didn't mention before.. The winners of this P.E. assignment gets a prize, but the teacher didn't want to tell us what kind of prize, so everyone was just anticipating the moment that the teachers would announce this. 

All the other students soon joined everyone else on the benches and sat down. The 4 P.E. teachers of our grade stood in front of us and started talking. 

"As you all might know, this assignment is actually just to see how well you can work together with someone and to see if you're able to put something together in the given time. We won't look at how hard your choreography is," one of teachers said.

"We do look at your teamwork and your chemistry. We also observed you all during the P.E. classes, so we know how well you worked together. If you commit any form of fraud or if we find out about anyone cheating, we will take action and this will come in your file, just so you know," another teacher said. Everyone nodded and understood. I don't think anyone would dare to cheat or steal anyone's choreography. That's just too risky and not fair. 

"Okay! Enough talking, we're gonna start off with Jeff and Luke!" The teacher announced. Luke went to the music player and plugged his phone in. He asked the teacher to press play and went back to his position. The teacher pressed play and they started dancing. Since they're both no professional dancers or have any expierence in dancing whatsoever, their choreography was really simple, but you could see their teamwork. Everyone clapped at the end and Luke and Jeff went back to the bench. The teachers didn't give any feedback, because they wanted to keep it exciting. 

The next few people were people I didn't know. Some did well, even though they were unexperienced, and others did horrible: no teamwork, no chemistry and not in sync. There were only a few of those, though. 

"Daniel! Your turn," the teacher said and waited for Daniel to plug his phone in. The teacher pressed play when Daniel stood in the centre, in his position. Daniel started off with a slow song, but that slowly built up and went faster. As expected from Daniel, his choreography was on point and flawless. Yugyeom also seemed impressed and clapped really loud with me. Daniel finished and sat down beside me, all sweaty.

"You did great! I'm so proud of you!" I said and hugged him, but then realized he was sweating, I let go immediately, which onlyl caused him to pull me in another hug.

"Aw, why are you grossed out? You love me, right?" He said and laughed. He let go when the teacher announced the next students. 

"Eli and Bethany!" The teacher said. Daniel, Yugyeom and I looked at each other wide-eyed. Eli teamed up with Bethany after leaving Daniel's team? Interesting..

Eli and Bethany stood in position and waited for the teacher to press the play-button. They started off and some things were very similar to mine and Yugyeom's choreo, like VERY similar. I furrowed my brows and looked at Yugyeom. Just then, I connected all the dots. Bethany and Eli were both 'observing' us during the P.E. classes. Although their performance was kinda weak, I could clearly see the similarity to our choreo..

"Are you ing kidding me.." Yugyeom mumbled. He seemed really mad about this. 

"Ignore it. We're gonna slay them, okay?" I said and gave him an assuring smile. He nodded and gave me a thumbs up. After a few other students, it was our turn. Yugyeom plugged his phone in while I stood in position. I waited for him to join me and for the teacher to press play. Luckily, all the hard work and practicing paid off. Everything went smoothly and flawless. We got a loud applause from everyone else.

"You did great!" Yugyeom whispered in my ear when we finished and were walking back to the benches. 

"Same goes to you mister," I said and smiled. I was really satisfied with our performance and wouldn't change anything about it. When I took a look at the teachers, they were confused. I could understand, but if they ask us about it, we're just gonna tell the truth. If they really did watch everyone during the P.E. classes, they would've seen Bethany and Eli observing us and doing nothing else. Quite suspicious, huh?

There were 5 more groups, until it ended. There were some groups that really stood out, including some guys of GOT7. I really liked Jaebum's b-boying and Jackson and Mark's martial arts tricking. They really improved in that area and came up with some very original moves.

"Okay everyone, we're gonna go in the teacher's room and discuss everyone's performance, if we have something to ask you, we'll call you in here," one of the teachers said and walked ahead of the other teachers, entering the teacher's room. 

"Is it just me, or was Bethany and Eli's choreo very similar to yours?" Jinyoung asked. I didn't realize he came to sit next to us, but did when he spoke up. I turned my head and nodded.

"It's not only you, they actually did copy a big part of it," I said and sighed. I just hope they wouldn't win and get away with this.. 

"What the , how are you this ing calm," Jackson said. 

"I'm not. I'm actually so mad inside, just not showing it and giving them the satisfaction of seeing us mad," I said. I really was raging inside. If I wasn't so controlled over my emotions, Bethany or Eli would've been punched to death. I looked at Yugyeom and I could see he was really annoyed and mad. I've never seen this side of him.. 

"It's okay, they won't get away with this. Trust me," I said and ruffled his hair. 

"I know, I'm just so annoyed," Yugyeom said.

"Do I need to punch a ," Jackson said. 

"No, if I wanted that to happen, I would do it myself," I said. All the GOT7 members also seemed pissed about this situation. Daniel and Megan, who were sitting on the other side of me, were silently glaring at Bethany and Eli. It looked really funny, but it's not the right moment to laugh.

"It's okay, don't won't get away with this," I said and grabbed Megan's hand, gently squeezing it. She turned her head towards me and nodded, with a slight smile on her face. Daniel was still glaring, even though Megan was trying to assure him that it was going to be okay, so we just let him be. One teacher came out and called me and Yugyeom inside. We stood up and went to the teacher's room.

"So.. Mind explaining?" One of the teachers asked.

"Yeah, how come your choreo is so similar to Eli and Bethany's choreo?" another teacher asked.

"We came up with the choreo ourselves and put all our energy in that choreo. We're both dancers and both know it's not right to steal other people's choreo, so we would never do that. As a dancer, your self-made choreo is really precious and shows your personality through dance. Please believe us," I said. 

"If you did observe every student during the classes, you would've noticed Bethany and Eli observing our every move from a certain point," Yugyeom said. 

"Great, that's just the answer we expected. We all know you two wouldn't do that.. Just need a confession from Bethany and Eli now," a teacher said. She smiled at us. 

"You can leave now, but don't tell anyone about our conversation until Bethany AND Eli came in here," another teacher said. We nodded and left the room to go back to the benches. We both tried to cover our smiles, but eventually did when we sat down. We were out of sight of Bethany or Eli, so we weren't worried about that. The teacher called Eli inside and Eli looked really nervous.

"And?" Megan asked.

"It'll be okay, just wait," I said and gave her an assuring smile. She looked confused but just nodded and decided to wait. After Eli left the teacher's room, Bethany was called in. Eli walked back to his group of friends and sighed. I decided to ignore him and talk with my friends.

"Oh! Anna, did you find anyone to go with you to the concert?" Bambam asked. 

"No.. I'm just going on my own, my mom's okay with it," I said and smiled. Since Daniel and Megan both couldn't go, I didn't have anyone else to go with. As I said earlier, I'm just gonna try and make some friends or one friend there. I don't think the fans would be unfriendly, since they all share the same interest, which is GOT7. 

"Are you sure?" Mark asked. I nodded and looked at  the door, which was opened by Bethany. All the teachers came outside after her. 

"Okay everyone! We have the winner, so please listen up," The teacher said and clapped his hands a few times, till everyone paid attention. 

"We have to say one thing, before announcing the winners," another teacher said.

"As you all might know Bethany&Eli and Anna&Yugyeom had very similar choreographies. We solved all this, though, so no worries. Bethany and Eli will both get a punishment. For three weeks, you two have to come to school at 8 o'clock everyday and can only leave at 5pm. Stealing other's choreographies is a bitter and cruel thing to do. Both Yugyeom and Anna are experienced dancers and would never do that to anyone. And, since all the teachers observed their students during the classes, we saw Eli and Bethany quietly observing Anna and Yugyeom. Eli and Bethany, you two also can't enter the P.E. classes for a whole month, and we will make sure that this never happens again," the teacher said and looked at another teacher, who was going to anounce the winner or winners. 

"Okay, the winner. The prize for the winner is a day at this 4 stars resort with their friends! The winner of this year is......" The teacher started. All the students pounded their feet on the ground. 

"It's Daniel! Congrats Daniel, you won the prize of the resort! You're gonna spend 2 nights there and you can enjoy everything, including swimming, bowling, food, drinks and more!" The teacher said. Our whole grade clapped for Daniel and you could hear different reactions.

"Wow, he definitely deserved it."

"Amazing performance, well deserved also."

"Pssh, we were better."

"Wow! I'm jealous man."

"Four stars resort, wow."

"Oh my god! Daniel, congrats! I'm so proud of you and you definitely deserved this!" I said. Megan and I both hugged him and ruffled his almost non-existent hair. Yugyeom, Jackson, Bambam, Jaebum, Jinyoung, Youngjae and Mark also congratulated him and told him he did really well. 

"Thanks! And since you two are my best friends, I'm gonna invite both of you to go with me," he said. 

"Really? Oh my god!" Megan yelled and hugged him again. The teachers dismissed us and we went on with our day, but this time a lot happier. When I left the locker room, Bethany shot deadly glares at me. 

Lunch came and Megan urgently wanted to tell us something. We went to the rooftop, where no one usually comes and sat down on the bench there. 

"So.. What did you want to tell us?" Daniel spoke up, after a silence of a few minutes. We were enjoying the view, so weren't talking until then. 

"Well.. Uh.. I'm really sad to tell you this and that this is gonna happen, but I can't really do anything about it.." Megan said. Daniel and I didn't say anything and looked at her until she continued talking.

"Okay.. So, my dad found a new job," she said.

"But that's great, right?" I said. She still looked sad..

"Well, not really.. It's in France..." She said, whispering the last part, but Daniel and I could still hear it clearly. We were quiet for a moment, until I spoke up.

"So you're moving there?" I asked. She sighed and nodded, "Yeah.. Dad wants the family to stay together and it would be weird if he moved there on his own," she said and looked down.

"It's okay, we can still visit each other during the holidays right? We can also skype and call frequently," I said, trying to cheer every one of us up. I mean, one of our best friends is moving to another country and the other one is leaving two of her best friends to move to a foreign country, in which she doesn't know the language and doesn't have any friends..

"I know.. Just a bit down.." Megan said.

"Hey, it's okay. When are you leaving?" Daniel asked.

"In like three weeks.. I couldn't go to the concert with you because I had to prepare for France.." Megan said, meaning the GOT7 concert I invited her to. That's a pretty legit reason, so I didn't blame her for anything. It's also not her fault or anyone else's fault for moving to another country. Sometimes, we need to sacrifice things to get something else.. Her dad wouldn't accept the new job if it didn't pay better than his other job. I know Megan isn't that well off, so moving to France with her family, so her father can get a better job which pays better is so much better for their future. 

"Let's spent your last three weeks by doing lots of fun stuff, okay?" I said. She nodded and seemed a little bit happier than she was before. We were talking about things to do, places to visit, until the bell rang. We all went to our designated classes, trying not to think too much about the situation. I tried to stay as positive as possible, so both Daniel and Megan wouldn't be more down. Three sad people would get us nowhere..

"Hey Anna, what's up?" Mark asked, after seeing me less cheerful than I am usually. 

"Nothing much, Megan is moving to France in three weeks so we have to kinda hang out as much as possible with her. Sorry if I can't hang out a lot with you guys these three weeks," I said and slightly smiled.

"It's okay, your best friend comes first, I understand," he said and patted my head. He turned back to the front of the class. The teacher continued talking when she saw that everyone's attention was on her. 

At the end of the day, I met up with Megan and Daniel. We promised to go swimmin together at this pool that just opened. It was an indoor pool, so no worries about the weather. We all went home first and met up at Daniel's place 30 minutes later. Daniel was gonna drive us. I went home and saw mom in the kitchen. 

"Mom! Is it okay if I go swimming in a bit with Megan and Daniel," I asked. I walked into the kitchen and kissed her on the cheek.

"Of course. Are you gonna be home for dinner?" She asked, while chopping some fruits.

"No, we're gonna eat at a sushi place," I said. Mom nodded and told me to go upstairs and pack my stuff for the swimming pool. I've never been fond of swimming, because you have to wear revealing clothes and I don't like that. I'm not 100% confident about my body, but I'm slowly getting there. I like going to the pool to do laps but that's it. I almost never go to a pool for fun, only when I get invited to or when I really have to. 

Upstairs, I looked for my bikini. I never wear it, so it was kinda hard to find it. It was somewhere at the back of my closet. I put it in my bag and grabbed a towel in the bathroom. 

"What else.. What else.." I mumbled in myself, "Ahh! Hairbrush, underwear.. shampoo?" 

"Anna, who are you talking to?" Mom asked, while walking up the stairs.

"No one.. I was mumbling in myself," I said and chuckled, "Do you think this is enough? Do I need something else?" 

"What about your contacts?" 

"I'm gonna wear my glasses," I simply stated.

"Been a while since I've seen you with your glasses," my mom joked and giggled. I looked at her weirdly and looked for some comfortable clothes to wear to the pool. It has to be easy to put on and get out of. I eventually grabbed a pair of tights and a hoodie and quickly grabbed my glasses. I wore my docs, since their easy to slip on and out. I quickly grabbed

"Bye mom! See you tonight," I said and kissed her. 

"Honey, don't forget your wallet," she said and handed me my wallet. I almost forgot one of the most important things.. I thanked her for reminding me and went out the door. I walked towards Daniel's house and stopped by a cafe to buy us some coffee. I bought a latte macchiato for myself, a cappucino for Daniel and hot chocolate for Megan. They put it in a little holder for me so I could take it with me.

"Thank you, have a nice day!" I said to the cashier and waved at her while making my way out.

"Have a nice day too, miss!" The cashier said back and waved. I like friendly workers at cafes, they're usually really cheery and nice. I made my way towards Daniel's house, which was 2 minutes from the cafe I went to. I knocked on the door when I arrived, but no one opened it.

"Daniel, open up!" I yelled. He probably wouldn't even hear me, though.. Just when I wanted to look for my phone to call him, he opened up. 

"Anna! You're fast," he said and opened the door wider for me to come in. 

"Yeah, not really.. I bought coffee for us," I said and handed him the holder. He happily grinned and took the holder from me, placing it on their dining table. I looked around and Megan wasn't here yet. 

"Is your mom home?" I asked. 

"Yeah, she's in her room watching some movie. You can go in if you want to," he said and smiled. I nodded at him and made my way up the stairs, towards her room. I've visited Daniel many times before so I knew what was behind every door. 

"Hello?" 

"Anna! What are you doing here? It's been a while!" She spoke up and paused her movie. She sat up her bag and patted the space next to her on her bed. I joined her on the bed.

"I'm going to the pool with Megan and Daniel, and we agreed to meet up here, since Daniel's driving," I answered. I studied her face and she looked weaker than the last time I saw her, although.. That was ages ago..

"Really? Have fun, okay? Why did you want to see me?" She asked, confusion evident on her face.

"Just wanted to know how you were doing," I said and gave her a genuine smile. 

"I'm great! Well.. Not really, you probably know I'm not feeling that great, but I'm happy I have Daniel and Cherry by my side. They've been really helpful, especially Daniel. Cherry is out of the country right now, but she skypes me frequently," she said with a really happy smile on her face. I could see that she meant every single word of it and I totally believe that Daniel's been helpful. He's always been a good son and friend.

"Hmm, call me if you ever need anything, okay?" I said to her, "and don't spend all day in your room like this," I said and laughed. She giggled and ruffled my hair.

"Okay, thanks for the advice Anna. Go now, Daniel's probably waiting. Have fun!" She said and pushed me towards the door. I left the room with a smile on my face. When I went back downstairs, Megan was there. 

"Shall we go then?" Daniel asked. We all nodded, grabbed our bags and the drinks and went to Daniel's car. 

"Thanks for the hot chocolate," Megan said and hugged me while we were walking. 

"It's alright," I said and hugged her back. We must've been walking really awkward, because we were both stumbling while walking. Meanwhile, Daniel stood next to the car, waiting for us. We got in and put on some music to sing to in the meantime. The ride took 10 minutes and we were having a blast in the car. 


A/N:

Hellooo! 

I actually did it! Chapter 10 is up! ヽ(' ∇' )ノ
I'm actually pretty impressed that I wrote 2 chapters in 2 days, because I had to do some stuff for school, but instead spent time writing this fanfics LOL
Anyways, I have to get off the computer and actually go to bed. School officially starts for me tomorrow so SIGHS
Hope you enjoyed this little chapter! 

(btw, I got over 500 views for this story SCREAMS how did that happen omfg;;;; thanks to everyone who reads my story and enjoys it and also thanks to my subscribers, kisses all your cute little faces \( ́^ε ^ `)\