Chapter 18

You're My Playground

"Oh my god, can you stop talking for like.. a few hours?"

"But..." 

"Sshh, geez..."

I giggled at the scene happening in front of me. I was now sitting in the plane on my way to London with GOT7. In front of me were Bambam and Yugyeom, who have been bickering for the past 10 minutes. The plane hasn't even taken off yet and Bambam already wanted to sleep. Maybe it's because they didn't get enough sleep last night. I don't think any of us had a good sleep, because we were too excited. I only slept for 1,5 hours and I'm not even that tired, but I'll probably sleep later, because it's a 7-hour flight to London. 

"Hey, want this?" Jinyoung asked, who was sitting next to me. He was holding a bag of chips in one hand and some mints in the other hand. 

"Are you telling me that my breath stinks?" I joked.

"No no no! I just thought.. because it's early in the morning.. and.."

"I was joking, but thanks. Maybe later," I said and ruffled his hair while laughing. I grabbed my earphones, a book I brought with me and my phone out of my bag. Jinyoung offered to place the bag in the overhead locker above us, since he was the one sitting near the aisle. I'm really thankful that Jinyoung offered me this seat, because I'd feel very cramped up.

"Anna, Yugyeom is annoying me," Bambam whined. 

"Aish, you two.." Jinyoung said in Korean. He plugged his earphones in and ignored the people in front of him, aka Bambam and Yugyeom. 

"Can't you two just listen to some music, read a book, stare at clouds?" 

"Good idea!" Bambam said and immediately grabbed his phone and plugged his earphones in. He pulled the armrest down and turned his head towards the window, ignoring Yugyeom. Yugyeom pouted, but eventually did the same. I smiled at my success of getting them quiet. Time for some sleep (says the person who said she wasn't tired 5 minutes ago). 

"Please turn all your phones off and put your seatbelts on," one of the stewardesses said. I sighed, put my seatbelt on and set my phone on airplane mode. I nudged Jinyoung and told him that the plane was taking off. He put his seatbelt on and set his phone on airplane mode. 

"Ahh, here, chew on some gum," he said and handed me chewing gum. Jaebum told us that it helps if you don't want your ears to pop. After putting the chewing gum in my mouth, I lightly tapped Yugyeom on his shoulder, told him to put his seatbelt on and that he had to pass the message on to Bambam. After passing the message on to them, I held the armrest on both sides. The plane was going faster and faster and in a matter of time, we were flying.

"Are you okay? Scared?" Jinyoung asked. I shook my head and told him it was okay. I actually wasn't okay, I've always had this fear of being in a plane that was going to crash. I mean, what do you do in those situations? Guess I've watched too many programs.. 

"You sure?" He asked. I didn't hear his question because I was too busy looking outside, waiting for the plane to take off. I suddenly felt someone holding my hand and I got quite startled by that. I looked to my side and saw it was Jinyoung. 

"You can squeeze my hand when you're scared," he said and smiled at me. Moments like these remind me of how lucky I am to have GOT7 in my life. It's really the small things in life that matter. 

"Thanks, oppa," I said and continued to look outside. The plane was now in the air and I didn't even realize I was holding in my breath. Only when the plane was flying horizontally again, I realized how hard I was squeezing Jinyoung's hand. 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," I said and immediately let go.

"Nah, it's okay," he said and patted my head. I smiled at him and decided to sleep. I guess everyone else did the same, because all the passengers closed the windows. I just let a small open, so I could still see the sky. It was still dark outside, because it was 4am. I listened to some music and looked outside until I fell asleep. 

******

"Miss, would you like some breakfast?" My eyes slowly fluttered open and the first thing I saw was a steward next to Jinyoung's seat. Jinyoung was still sleeping, so I nodded and took the breakfast for the both of us and placed it in front of me. I looked around to see if others were awake yet, and I was the only one. I looked on my phone to see what time it was, and realized I've slept for 3,5 hours, so 'only' 3,5 hours left until we get there. I slowly started eating the sandwich they gave me and drank some tea. 

"Oh, breakfast." I looked beside me and saw Jinyoung sitting up straight. He stared at the food I was eating.

"Yeah, this one is for you," I said and handed him his breakfast. A steward came and asked Jinyoung what he wanted to drink.

"Just coffee will do," Jinyoung answered and smiled. The steward handed him coffee and Jinyoung placed it in front of him. Jinyoung started eating as if he hadn't eaten anything for the past day. Slowly, other GOT7 members also woke up. They were all handed some breakfast and were asked for drinks. While eating, everyone kinda looked around to see if the other members also woke up and when they did, they would exchange smiles. It was really cute seeing them do this. After a while, all the other GOT7 members were also awake and started eating their breakfast.

"Annaa~ goodmorning!" Yugyeom and Bambam turned around and smiled at me. Some of the passengers were still sleeping, but woke up after Yugyeom and Bambam said it so loud. 

"Goodmorning oppa's," I smiled and did a small wave. They turned around immediately and apologized to the other passengers. 

"Anna, want to watch a movie together?" Jinyoung asked and took his laptop out of his bag, placing it right in front of him. 

"Sure~ which movie?" I asked. We both looked through the movies he downloaded on his laptop and finally decided on watching 22 Jumpstreet. Luckily, we could plug 2 earphones in Jinyoung's laptop. He placed the laptop in the middle of the 'tables' in front of us and played it. 

We spent the past (almost) 2 hours of our flight watching 22 Jump street and laughed our asses off, almost crying because we couldn't laugh too loud or we would disturb the other passengers. 

"Oh my god, that was such a fun movie," Jinyoung said, still laughing. I couldn't agree more and also laughed. Our laughter stopped when one of the passengers gave us a death glare. Since we got glares from some people, we decided not to watch a movie again. I took the time to take pictures of our view in the last 1,5 hours. I also listened to music and read a book during those 90 minutes of boredom. 

*****

"Woaah, finally!" Jackson yelled out when we got out of the plane. We all stood there and stretched. I looked around and the weather was surprisingly good! The sky was blue, the sun was shining and there were absolutely no signs of clouds! We looked at the weather forecast two days ago and it predicted that it would rain today.. But let's not be too optimistic about this, never trust London's weather (well, that's what the internet told us). 

We were now standing and waiting for our suitcases. It took a while, though. More than half of the people that were waiting already had their bags, and we had to be so unlucky that we had to wait longer for our bags. It's not that we were in a rush or anything, though. It was now 11:45am, and we didn't plan on doing anything for today. I was planning on walking around our hotel and exploring the neighbourhood, but I wasn't sure about the others. 

"Are we getting a cab?" Youngjae asked.

"Nah, we're gonna crawl," Jackson said and flicked Youngjae's forehead. "Ouch.." 

"I already called one before we got on the plane. It should be here any minute," Jaebum said, being the responsible leader. We waited for another 2 minutes and finally, two cabs pulled up in front of us. Fortunately, all the suitcases fit in the trunk. We did had to have our handbags with us inside the car, but those weren't huge, so we didn't really mind. I was sitting in a car with Jackson, Yugyeom and Mark and the others (Jinyoung, Jaebum, Bambam, Youngjae) sat in the other car.

"How long does it take from here to our hotel?" Mark asked the taxi driver.

"Not longer than 30 minutes," the driver said, with a strong British accent. Mark nodded and went on his phone, probably looking for music to listen to, since he had his earphones in.

"Oh Anna, Jungkook told me that he and BTS are gonna be in London this Thursday," Yugyeom said and wiggled his eyebrows. 

"Y-yah! So?" I said. I was miserably failing at trying to not care, but whatever...

"He wants to meet up!" Yugyeom said and grinned. Now I was slightly getting nervous. My heart started beating rapidly, but I couldn't really do anything about it. Anna, stay calm. You can do this!

"Okay.. so?"

"I want you to go with me, duh!" He exclaimed and ruffled my hair. Do I have to go with him? Will I survive?

"And if you're wondering, yes you have to go with me." I sighed and eventually agreed to go with him. Deep inside, I knew I did want to see them, but... I'm just really scared.

"You know Jungkook?" Jackson asked.

"N-"

Yugyeom cut me off and answered for me, "We videochatted once and she talked to him, so she basically knows him, I think. Right?" I chuckled at how vague he was. 

"Don't be deceived by his good looks," Jackson said. 

"Aren't you talking about yourself?" I joked. 

"Yah, I'm not!" Jackson whined, "But you said I'm good-looking, so I don't mind!" He turned his head towards me and smiled brightly.

I rolled my eyes, "Maybe."

"Can I come too? I haven't spoken nor seen them in a while," Mark said. 

"Of course! The more the merrier," Yugyeom said and smiled brightly. We spent the rest of the ride talking about nonsense and about our plans in the UK. We were staying for two weeks, so plenty of time to do plenty of things. Also, Jenny and I are finally gonna meet up! But that'll probably happen in th second week of our stay. 

We arrived in front of the hotel and everyone got out. We got our suitcases out of the trunk, paid the driver and thanked him for his service. Jaebum went in first to check in, while the others waited for everyone to get their bags and check if they still had everything, and luckily, everyone did. When we finished checking our stuff, we also went inside and joined Jaebum in front of the reception. Everyone had to share a room with another person, except me and Jaebum. I, of course, didn't share a room with any of the boys and Jaebum basically didn't want to share a room with anyone else and since he's the leader.. the others couldn't really refuse.

"Do you know about the facilities we have here?" The receptionist asked.

"No.." 

"Okay, I'll give you this," she said and handed Jaebum a folder, "but the main facilities we have are inside swimming pools, a gym and a 24-hour bar. We also have wi-fi and the code is on the folder I just gave you. We also have 24-hour roomservice, but you can only use that twice a day, otherwise we'll charge you extra for it." 

"Wow, that's a lot," Jaebum said. Can't believe this hotel has that many facilities.. it also looked super pretty and clean.

The receptionist nodded, "Have a great stay, don't forget to check out everyday at 12." Jaebum thanked her, took the 5 keys from her and handed them out to everyone. All our rooms were on the same floor and next to each other, because we specifically asked for that. We were lucky enough to get 5 rooms on the same floor, but having them next to each other is even better. All the rooms were identical to each other, except Jaebum and my room. Ours had one bed while other rooms had two beds. Bambam and Yugyeom shared a room, Jackson and Mark shared a room and Jinyoung and Youngjae shared a room. We decided to unpack our bags first and meet up in the lobby in an hour. Some members wanted to sleep while others wanted to explore the hotel and the neighbourhood.

I went into my room, opening it with the key, and placed my suitcase and bags on the floor. The first thing I did after that, was jumping on the bed. The bed was super soft and clean, which made me a very happy girl. I opened every possible door in the room and squealed when the bathroom had a bathtub. Everything was sparkling because it was so clean, it just looked very very clean and pretty. There were 2 toilets in my room; one in the bathroom and another seperate one, which was next to the bathroom. I looked around and saw a closet.

"Ahh, that's where all of you are going in," I said, while opening my suitcase. I put everything on the right place and closed the closet. I finished way earlier than I expected.. We agreed on meeting up in an hour, but I already finished after 15 minutes.. What do I do now? 

"Right! I needed to use the bathroom," I said and went to the bathroom to do my thing. After 10 minutes, I decided to leave my room with my phone, my keys, my camera, my coat and my wallet in one of my backpacks (I brought 3 with me), and knocked on the door of the room beside mine. I actually had no idea whose room it was..

"WHO'S THAT?" Someone yelled. I could clearly hear it was Bambam, by his cute baby voice.

"It's me!" I yelled back and waited for someone to open the door. After hearing some rumbling, the door finallly got opened by Yugyeom.

"Hey oppa," I beamed and stepped in. They only entered the room 30 minutes ago and it's already a mess, "What did you two do? Why is it such a mess in here?" I asked, sitting down on one of the beds and looking around. 

"We're boys," Yugyeom said, as if it was normal to be this messy. I stood up from the bed and bend down to pick some things up that shouldn't be on the floor. They were busy putting their clothes in the closet, so I picked up the things that belonged in the bathroom. I went back to the room and helped them putting the clothes in the closets.

"Thanks Anna!" Bambam beamed and hugged me.

"It's alright. Do you guys want to explore the hotel with me?" I asked.

"Sure!" They yelled in unison. We exited their room and made our way to the elevator. We had no idea on which floor what was, so we just went to the first floor, to see if there was anything there. We decided to go to each floor and check for fun things. First floor first.

"To the right or left?" Yugyeom asked. We looked to the left first and then to the right, "Hmm, let's go left," I said and pointed into that direction. We all agreed on it and walked next to each other. We walked to the end of the hall and turned right. 

"Oh my god! That must be the swimming pool!" Bambam said, overly excited. We continued our little exploration of the hotel and went to the lobby to meet up with others. Only Jackson and Jinyoung were there though. I guess Jaebum, Mark and Youngjae wanted to stay in? They must be very tired.. I'll try to buy some snacks for them. 

"Let's go on an adventure then," Jinyoung said and led the way. He walked in front of everyone else and led the way, but we all knew none of us knows the way here. We trusted Jinyoung on not leading us to the middle of nowhere, so we just followed him. 

"Does anyone want to stop by a cafe?" Jinyoung asked.

"I do!"

"Me too! 

"Let's goo~"

We walked one very cozy and warm looking cafe in and looked around before walking any further. It looked very vintage and nice. They furnished it so it looked just like a home. Well.. not exactly, but it looked very inviting and peaceful. We walked further after admiring the inside of the cafe. The employee greeted us with a big smile.

"Hi! What can I do for you?" She asked. She was very bright and super cute. I wonder why we don't have employees in cafes who are this bright back in my town. 

"Uhh, I'll just get a cappuccino," Jinyoung said and paid for his drink. He stepped aside, waiting for his drink to be made.

"Hi, what can I help you with?" She asked Yugyeom. 

"I'll just get an frappuccino with caramel!" Yugyeom said, paying her and stepping aside. Bambam was standing on the side, not even in line.

"Aren't you gonna get anything, oppa? I'll pay for you," I said and smiled.

"No.. I'm not good with caffeine.." He said, pouting. 

"You can get tea? Or hot chocolate? There's lots of other things, I'll order something for you," I said and took one step forward. 

"Hello! What can I do for you?" The employee asked, still with a big smile on her face. I looked all the drinks they had and decided on choosing the one I've never tried before.

"Can I get a pumpkin spice latte and a chai latte, please?"

"Of course! That'll be 6 pounds and 80 pence," she said. I gave her the money, thanked her and stepped aside. Next up was Jackson. He did his order and also stepped aside so another costumer could order. We were now all standing in line, waiting for our drinks. Jinyoung received his drink and joined Bambam. Slowly the rest of the orders also came, except mine. I didn't mind, because they were pretty fast.

"A pumpkin spice latte and a chai latte?" An employee said. 

"Ah, yeah, that's for me," I said. I took the two drinks from him and walked towards Bambam. 

I extended my arm, putting the chai latte in front of his face, "This one's for you!" I said and waited for him to grab the cup. He looked at it, puzzled. "Aren't you gonna take it?"

"Oh, uh, right," he said and took the chai latte out of my hand, "Thank you so much, Anna," he said and hugged me with his unoccupied arm. I smiled and we exited the cafe, continuing our 'adventure. We passed all kinds of places, but didn't enter all of them. We were lucky that our hotel was very near the centre of London. We could see the Big Ben, the London eye and the Tower Bridge. I took my phone out and snapped a few pictures, that came out pretty good! I put my phone away, satisfied with the pictures. Jackson and Bambam also snapped pictures. We continued walking towards the main centre and went in random shops that looked interesting. Most of us ended up buying souvenirs or useless things. 

After our 'adventure', we went back to the hotel, going in Jaebum's room to wake him up or disturb him from whatever he was doing. Well, it was especially Bambam and Jackson doing the annoying him thing, but we still barged into his room without his permission. Wonder how we got in? He didn't close his door.. Very smart of him, I know.