Chapter 2

You're My Playground

The next day, I woke up sweating. Probably a nightmare. I've been getting a lot of nightmares lately, which I absolutely hate. I used to get nightmares whenever I was ill, but now it's a daily thing.. Pretty stressful right? The good thing is, I woke up on time. I wore black leggings with a black dress and a cardigan. As shoes, I wore my platform heels that weren't that high. When I finished my breakfast, I heard a knock on my door. 

"Aye," Daniel said.

"Hii! Where's Megan?" I asked while packing my bag and inviting him inside. He sat down on the couch and zapped through some programs, eventually stopping when he saw Top Gear was on.

"She's ill, you didn't read her message?" Daniel asked, too immersed into watching tv to even look at me.

"No, I woke up without knowing where my phone was.." I said. Daniel ran upstairs and I stood there confused.

"DANIEL WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" 

"LOOKING FOR YOUR PHONE ANNA!" I smiled at his answer and after a while, he came running down with my phone in his hand. He handed it to me and patted me on my back. 

"It was under your bed. How do you even do that?" He shook his head and walked towards the kitchen. 

I walked up to him and looked at what he was doing, "Are you hungry? Do I need to make a sandwich for you?" 

He nodded and grabbed something to drink and going back to the couch. 

"Anna, you know.. I wonder why you don't have a boyfriend. You're nice, pretty and talented," Daniel said. This caused me to stop doing what I was doing. I've never been lucky with boyfriends or crushes. I don't know why, maybe I'm cursed. I rarely have a crush, and when I do there are two things that can happen. One: they don't like me back and I don't have a chance. Or two: they like me back, but something happens which results in us never talking again. Claps for luck. 

"Guess I'm just unlucky," I said and shrugged, even though he couldn't see me. I continued making his sandwich and making some tea for myself. We had 15 minutes left before we would have to head back to school. 

I took Daniel's sandwich and my tea to the living room and started drinking, while Daniel was eating his sandwich. He was still too focused on Top Gear, so I decided to call Megan. We had a short conversation about the new student and I told her to get well soon so we could go to school together again and have fun together again.

"Was that Megan on the phone?" 

"Yeah, hurry up though. We have 5 minutes left," I said and walked to the hallway to put on my shoes. While I was putting on my shoes, Daniel walked to the kitchen to wash his plate and my cup. I smiled at him and thanked him. After putting on my shoes, we headed to school. He put his arm around me again. I don't know why he does this, but it became one of his habits. 

"Anna, you're almost taller than me. Why did you have to wear those platform heels again?" Daniel joked and laughed.

"I don't know, they're comfortable and since I'm not that tall, I could use some height. Not my fault that you have unlucky genes and that you aren't as tall as your mom!" I joked and laughed. 

"Well, we're both short so that makes us best friends right?" He said.

"Whatever you say boy~" 

We walked like this to school, joking around and just plainly having fun. When we reached school, we walked to maths together, and as usual the teacher was late. We were waiting for about 15 minutes, when the teacher finally came. 

"Again, I apologize! I was greeting the new student and helping him with some application things," the teacher said and went inside. He put his stuff on his table and looked around the classroom, "The new student is here in a few minutes, in the meantime just talk to your classmates again, you know the rules."

"Annaa~" Luke said in a whiny tone. I turned around and laughed at his face.

"Yeah, sup?" 

"Nothing. Are you excited for the new student?" He asked, looking at me weird (?).

"Not really excited, just curious," I said and turned my seat around so I could actually face him. He nodded and answered a short "Same.."

"Is something wrong?" I asked. He looked disappointed or something, which caused me to laugh, because he looks really cute like that.

"No, but don't let him steal your heart okay? I'm the only one that's allowed in your heart and that's staying like that until death do us apart," he said and I laughed. I flicked his forehead and shook my head.

"Idiot, stop acting so stupid. No one is in my heart except my mom, EXO, B2ST, BTS and Megan and Daniel," I jokingly said. Daniel must've heard his name so he looked at me. I waved at him and smiled and he smiled back. He gave me a questionably look and I mouthed that I would tell him later. He gave me a thumbs up and started talking to some guys behind him. 

We heard a knock on the door and everyone turned around. A guy walked in. He was wearing his cap backwards and wore all black clothes with jordans. He seemed very familiar. Like VERY familiar, I just couldn't put my finger on it.. 

"Hey, I'm the new student," he said and showed a small smile.

"Oh! Yeah, come here and introduce yourself," the teacher said and gave him a genuine smile. The guy stood in front of the class and started introducing himself.

"So, hey. I'm Jackson and I'm Chinese. I used to live in Korea, but I moved here with my brothers. Oh, and I'm 17 years old. Nice to meet you," he said and smiled. Jackson? Where have I heard that name before? Jackson? Jackson... WAIT! DON'T TELL ME....

"Okay, Jackson, nice to meet you too! Does anyone have questions for him?" 

I raised my hand, because I was really curious, "Yeah, Anna?" the teacher said. 

"Ehm, are you perhaps a GOT7 member?" I first hesitated to ask this, but my curiosity got the best of me. 

"Yeah! How do you know? Do you like us?" He asked wide-eyed. 

"Uh yeah, I know you guys, but I'm not really a fan.. Just heard you debuted under JYP and heard some of your songs," I said while smiling. 

"Oh.. Do you have a favorite member, though?" He asked. This guy just keeps throwing questions at me, doesn't he? 

"Yeah, I like you, Mark and Yugyeom," I said.

"Oh really? Interesting.." he said while nodding his head.

"Uhm Anna, would you mind if he sat next to you? So you can show him the school and stuff. Seems like you guys get along pretty well," the teacher said. We both nodded and Jackson made his way to the seat next to me. I spotted Daniel looking at me questionably again and again I mouthed 'later'. Such a curious guy. 

"Hi! I'm Anna, nice to meet you," I said and shook his hand. 

"Nice to meet you Anna, I'm Jackson Wang. The Wild and y one," he said.

"Oh yeah, my friend told me about that. Even overconfident in real life huh?" I said and laughed. He just gave me an awkward laugh and faced the teacher when he called us. We apologized and listened to his explanation. After him explaining everything for a good 15 minutes, he told us to do some homework. Because Jackson didn't have any books yet, we shared my book.

"I was joking a while ago. You're kinda okay, actually. Don't get offended," I said and gave him a genuine smile. 

"Yeah, I know, don't worry. Do you have a GOT7 song you really like?" He asked. Those questions again. Is he testing me on how much I know about GOT7 or something?

"I like 'Forever Young' and 'I Like You'!" I said enthusiastically. Those two songs and 'A' are the only songs I have on my phone and I listen to them regularly. That's pretty much it.

"Oh really? What do you like about I Like You?" Questions again..

"I don't know, the beat is nice and I like your rap part. It sounds cool. Oh! And the flip you and Mark do at the end!" I said. This made him happy and he turned back to his work. I explained some things to him and this was basically what we did the whole lesson. We also talked about things and we discovered that we actually have quite some things in common. 

We didn't have any classes the next two hours, because the teacher was ill. So we had 2 free hours plus lunch. 

"Do you want to meet my friends? Let's go, come on!" Jackson said and held my wrist so we could walk faster. I even had to leave Daniel behind, because of him. I'm sure he'll understand, but still. 

"Hyung! Hyung!" Jackson yelled and walked even faster, holding my wrist tighter. It kinda hurts..

"Oh hey Jackson! Who's that girl? I think you're hurting her.." Mark said and made Jackson turn around. His eyes went wide and he let go of me immediately, rubbing the spot where he held me. 

"I'm so sorry! Oh my god, you can hit me if you want to," he said. I laughed and shook my head.

"Nooo, it's okay. Nothing major," I said and smiled.

"Oh! This is Mark! Also one of your favorite members of GOT7," Jackson said and lightly pushed me towards Mark.

"Hey! I'm Anna and I'm in Jackson's math class. Nice to meet you!" I smiled and shook his hand. 

"I'm Mark and as you might know, I'm one of the GOT7 members."

"I have one question, though.." I said.

"What is it?" Mark asked.

"Well, not to be rude or anything, but why are you guys here? Aren't you supposed to be in Korea?" I asked. This was the thing I was really curious about. They are supposed to practice or record for new albums or something right? What are they doing at my school in a country like this?

"Oh, totally forgot to tell you. Well, basically, Park Jinyoung told us to go to another country and what not I don't know. We kinda disbanded, but we're still together. This was done secretly, don't ask me why," Jackson said. He was still smiling, even though he just told me that they disbanded. I actually have so much respect for them, how do you even smile while knowing that your group just disbanded and won't go back to being famous again?

"Don't worry Anna. This was our choice too, because we wanted to experience another culture. We're not sad, just a little confused, because we still don't know why Park Jinyoung offered this.." Mark said. I nodded and was still a bit confused.

"Come on, let's meet the other members!" Jackson said and took my hand, this time gently. We walked to the main hall of my school where we saw Yugyeom and Bambam. They waved at us and had the brightest smiles on their faces. This made me giggle a bit. 

"Hey hyungs! Who's that?" Bambam asked. 

"This is Anna! She's in my math class and she's really nice. She said she likes me, Mark and Yugyeom the most!" Jackson said. I elbowed his side. Why did he have to say that? Poor Bambam.. 

"Ouch.. She's not a fan though, she only likes two of our songs," Jackson said. Yugyeom and Bambam nodded and Yugyeom had an even brighter smile on his face than before. After talking for a bit, we were joined by Jaebum, Youngjae and Jinyoung. I didn't really know what to do so I just stood behind Jackson. Too.. many.. guys..

"Hey guys! Who's this pretty girl?" Jinyoung asked and waved at me. 

"Hi, I'm Anna! Nice to meet you," I said and put my hand out to shake my hand with theirs. Jaebum was the first one to shake it.

"Nice to meet you Anna, I'm Jaebum. This is Jinyoung and this is Youngjae," he said and pointed at the two lads next to him. I shook hands with them and we went outside to sit on the school's field. I sat beside Jackson and Bambam.

"So, Anna? How do you know us?" Jaebum asked.

"I really like kpop and I keep myself updated with kpop related things. You guys debuted 6 months ago or something, right?" They all nodded their heads. 

"And why are you not a fan of us?" Bambam said, and pouted. I laughed, because he looked really cute like that.

"I don't know, never really bothered to look you guys up. I did watch some of your stages when I got bored, but that's it. I think I also watched Real GOT7 to get to know you guys, but never really finished it.." I said and the boys all looked disappointed.

"I'm sorry.." I said.

"No, it's okay! Just sad that you're not a fan, but we're glad you know us," Mark said. They all nodded and smiled at me. 

"But Anna? How old are you?" Yugyeom asked. I looked confused, until Jackson whispered in my ear, "He's the youngest of everyone, so he wants to know if he's your oppa." I chuckled and answered them.

"I'm 16! Born on August 20," I said. 

"Really?! Finally! Someone younger than me!" Yugyeom almost screamed and everyone laughed at him. 

"Do you want to call us oppa?" Yugyeom asked. I hesitated at first but then thought 'sure why not, i guess'. 

"Yeah, sure. I guess I can do that," I said. This made Yugyeom jump up. He held his hand up for a high five and I high fived him. We all sat there for the next hour and talked about our interests.

"Ehm, Jackson and Mark, would you mind teaching me some martial arts tricking? It looks really cool in your MV's and practices," I asked. I've been wanting to do martial arts tricking, but I don't really have anything to practice it on. 

"Of course! Do you like dancing? I can teach you house!" Yugyeom offered. I nodded and gave him a thumbs up. 

My phone ringed and I got startled. I searched for it in my bag and picked up. It was Daniel. 

Phone conversation with Daniel:

D: "Anna Lee, where the hell are you?" 
A: "I'm outside on the field with the new student from our math class and his friends."
D: "Why didn't you tell me? You just walked out of the classroom.." 
A: "Sorry Daniel.. I won't do it again, okay? Are you at with your other friends at your usual spot?"
D: "Yeah, but I forgive you. Just don't do it again okay? Or I'll call Megan and tell on you!"
A: "Ah, whatever. I'll go to you for a bit ok? I can introduce the guys too." 
D: "Sure. Bye~'" 
A: "Bye idiot!"

I hung up and laughed. The guys all looked at me as if trying to ask who that was.

"It was my best friend, do you guys want to come greet him?" I asked.

"Sure." Mark said and stood up, followed by the others. 

Daniel usually stands near the field with the smokers. I really don't know why he hangs out with thim, but whatever. I walked towards him and the guys were following me. I waved at Daniel and he waved back. I heard some of the guys say "Is that her best friend?" and "He looks scary.." 

"Hey Anna. I see you have new friends?" Daniel said, the last part whispering in my ear. 

"Yeah, do you remember that group GOT7 I told you about? Yeah, that's them," I said, while Daniel just nodded. He didn't move so I pushed him, "Go introduce yourself."

"Oh yeah. Hey, I'm Anna's best friend Daniel. Nice to meet you! She once showed me your debut MV, so I kinda know you guys," Daniel said. Wow, thanks for your (weird) introduction. 

"This guy is Jackson, who's in our math class, this is Mark, this is Jinyoung, Jaebum, Youngjae, Yugyeom and Bambam! Shake hands please," I said. Daniel laughed and shook hand with all of them. 

"I expect you guys to take good care of her when you're hanging out with her. She's kinda small and fragile and yeah, don't hurt her," Daniel said. He gave me a hug and then went back to his friends while waving at me. 

"He seems.. scary? Sorry.." Yugyeom said. 

"Nah, he's not. He just acts like that to scare you guys, don't worry!" I said and turned to them and smiled, "Want to get some food?" 

We all agreed to get food at KFC. I was surprised when they all took their motorcycles out to drive there. My eyes almost bulged out. 

"What's wrong? Are you scared?" Youngjae asked, worried. 

"Oh no! Just shocked that you can all ride a motorcycle, that's it," I said. 

"Come here, you can sit here," Jackson said. Mark helped me getting up the motorcycle and went to his own motorcycle afterwards. I loosely held onto Jackson's jacket, because I didn't want to hug him or anything. 

"You have to hold on tight, or you might fall," Jackson said and took my arms to put it around his waist. I felt a bit reluctant at first, but decided to hold on eventually, because he was going really fast and no one wants to fall off a freaking motorcycle and die. 

We arrived at the KFC and went inside. Jackson told the boys to look for a table for 8, so that's what they did. Jackson and I were standing there, deciding on what to get for the eight of us. We finally decided on a big bucket, 4 cokes and 4 portions of fries.

"Jackson, go upstairs. I'll pay," I said and pushed him away. Of course he was stronger, so me pushing him wasn't really working.

"No, I'm going to pay. Not letting you pay for the eight of us, we barely know each other," he said.

"Yeah, and that's why I'm going to pay. And besides, you guys are new here so let me pay, please?" I asked while pouting. He gave in after arguing for a bit. He sighed and stood next to me to wait. 

"Fine, but next time we're never letting you pay again," Jackson said and ruffled my hair. He laughed at how my hair looked. I bent over to put my hair back to how it was before he messed with it. 

"Who says there will be a next time?" I jokingly said and laughed. 

"Of course there will. We're going to stick to you until one of us dies," he said. 

"Hmm, not sure if you want that, but sure," I said and thanked the cashier when she came back with our order. Jackson took it from me and walked away. I followed him, looking for the boys. Turns out they were on the 2nd floor on a table for 8. They were being their usual loud selfs and beamed when we arrived with the food. 

"Enjoy!" I said and started to eat too. 

"Yeah, you guys should thank Anna. She bought all this," Jackson sighed. 

"Thank you Anna!! You're the best! But why did you pay?" Jinyoung asked.

"I insisted, it's okay. Just enjoy your meal, I'm also hungry," I said and continued eating. I was already on my third hotwing while the boys were still on their first. 

"Anna. Just a question, but how do you eat that fast and how are you not fat?" I laughed at Jackson's question and thought of Luke, who asked the same thing. And I answered just the same way as I did when Luke asked this question. 

"Genes," I said, which caused the guys to burst out laughing. I joined them. They calmed down after a while and started eating and drinking again. 

"Guys, we have 4 cokes and we're with 8 people, so two people drink out of one, okay?" Jaebum said, being the leader he is. They all looked at me, as if waiting for me to say something. 

"What?"

"Who are you sharing your drink with?" 

"Oh, I don't need it. I have a bottle of water, so you guys drink it," I said and gave them an assuring smile.

I was just eating and minding my own business when Jackson pushed a straw in my mouth. I gave him a confusing look.

"Drink."

I took a sip gently pushed his hand away, "Thanks." I said and smiled. He patted my head and also continued eating. We ate for another 30 minutes and decidd to head back to school. Being the nice friend I am, I bought a little menu for Daniel and asked them to pack it so I could take it with me.

"You know Anna, you're too nice," Yugyeom said and put an arm around my shoulder. I felt a bit uncomfortable, because I'm not used to guys 'touching' me (except for Daniel), so I tried to get out of his grip as unnoticeable as I could. 

"Oh sorry, did I make you uncomfortable?" Yugyeom asked with that innocent look of his. 

"Sorry, not really used to other guys doing that besides Daniel.." I said and pinched his cheeks, "It's not your fault, don't worry Yugyeomie."

"Oppa."

"Oh, right, oppa," I said and took a note in my head to call them oppa from now on. I've never called anyone oppa and I guess it was just kinda awkward to call them oppa. 

"You're cute Anna," Jackson said and pinched my cheeks. 

We walked to the motorcycles and went back to school. I sat behind Jackson again, and again not holding on tight. Jackson took my arms and put them around his whole waist. 

When we got to school, Daniel was still at his spot with his friends. I took the KFC bag with Daniel's food, thanked Jackson and ran towards Daniel. 

"Daniel! I bought food for you!" I said and hugged him. He laughed and patted my head. Why's everyone patting my head lately? 

"Thanks babes!" Daniel said and kissed me on my head. 

"Ewww," I said and laughed. I gave him the bag and stole a few fries, "Enjoy your meal! I'm going back to them, okay? We're still going to walk home together, right?" I asked. Daniel nodded and ruffled my hair one more time before whispering something in my ear.

"Eli is looking at you," Daniel said and winked at me. Eli was my crush for 2 years, and he liked me too, but we never confessed to each other so nothing came out of that. He became an and that's the whole story. Daniel still hangs out with him, but doesn't really like him because he began to act as an to me. 

"Go have fun with those boys, see you later! Thanks for the food!" Daniel said and I walked away, waving at him. 

I walked back to the boys. Apparently, they were looking at me and Daniel the whole time. I just shrugged it off and went inside with them. 

The rest of the day was basically me walking around with Daniel and getting interrupted by one of the GOT7 members. I wasn't really bothered by it, but Daniel clearly was. When they were finally out of sight, Daniel sighed and put his arm around me again. 

"They are getting quite annoying.." 

"I'm sorry.." I said and pouted. He saw me pouting and squished my cheeks together.

"It's not your fault, just don't forget me, okay?" He said. His words made me smile and realize how lucky I am with a friend like him. He's always been there for me for the past 4 years, which were rough for me. I've had some breakdowns when my dad contacted me again and Daniel and Megan were always there to comfort me and cheer me up. They make me really happy and I'm never going to neglect them or forget them. I hope we can be friends for the rest of our lives. 

"Of course not!" I said and side hugged him. We both smiled and walked outside to go home. We saw the GOT7 boys standing there with their motorcycles. It was like they were waiting for someone.

"Anna! Do you want to go to our house?" Jackson asked. 

"Sorry, but I'm going to walk home with Daniel, maybe another day?" I said. They all sighed and Jackson came up to me.

"Fine, but give me your phone," Jackson said and waited for me to take my phone out. I searched for it in my bag and handed him my phone. He put his number in there and called himself, hanging up after a few seconds. 

"Now you have my number and I have your number. See you tomorrow Anna!" He said and waved at me while walking towards his motorcycle. I waved back, when Daniel suddenly pulled me with him. 

We were walking home in silence, until I spoke up. 

"Is there something wrong, Daniel?" I asked, looking at his face.

"Nah, not really. Just a bit bothered that they hung out more with you than your best friend.." He said and sighed.

"Aww, don't worry about me forgetting you! We're still going to walk to school together and we're still going to be best friends! You really have nothing to worry about. Do you really think I would leave you or forget you? You've been supporting me and cheering me and comforting me ever since we've known each other. I'm not going to take that for granted. You're like the older brother I never had," I said and side hugged him. He stood still and turned us around so were facing each other. He hugged me really tight and kissed me on my head. 

"I know, I really have nothing to worry about. Just being a sensitive little girl. Can I come over?" He asked and pulled away, but still resting his arm around my shoulder. 

"Of course you can!" I said and we continued to walk to my house.

"So.. Do you still have feelings for Eli?" Daniel asked, jokingly pushing me.

"No.. Not at all. He's such an and goes around playing with hearts. I don't even want to be friends with him," I said. 

"And what about Luke?" He asked. Just when he asked that, we arrived at my house.