Chapter 11

You're My Playground

We got out of the car and went in the entrance. We went to the cashier and stood in line. It was finally our turn after 2 or 3 people.

"Hello, how many people?" The cashier asked. Megan and Daniel were standing at the entrance for the changing rooms, waiting for me.

"Three people," I said and slightly smiled. She ticked something in her computer, I paid the money and received a wristband for the lockers, "Will everything fit in one locker, or do you need another one?" The cashier asked. I hesitated for a bit, but eventually asked for another one. She gave it to me and told us to have fun. I went back to Daniel and Megan and grabbed my bag from the ground. 

"Let's go," I said and smiled. We went into the changing rooms and each picked out one for ourselves. We met up in front of our lockers and put all our stuff in there, shoes and jackets in one locker and our clothes in the other one. 

"Did you take your towels?" Daniel asked. 

"Ahh! No, oh my god," I said and opened the locker again to grab my towel. 

"Smart of you," Megan said and laughed at me. I unknowingly pouted and walked away. They soon caught up with me and walked beside me. Daniel put an arm around my shoulder in a teasing way. We put our towels on some chairs and went to the water immediately. There weren't many people because, one: it was a week day, two: it was 4pm and most people are preparing for dinner around this time, I think. I sat down on the floor and put my leg in the water up to my knees. 

"It's warm, let's get in!" I yelled at Daniel and Megan, who were still standing by the chairs. They hurried over and jumped in the water, splashing water all over me. 

"Yah!" I yelled and joined them in the water. The water was pretty deep, since we were in the 3 meter pool. There was one that was 1,20 meters, but we decided to go in there later. I haven't swum for a while, so I held on to the edge of the pool, while Megan and Daniel went further. It may sound weird, but I'm not even sure if I can still swim. It's been sooo long. 

"Annaaa~ Coming?" Daniel said. I let go of the edge and swum towards them, but it actually went pretty okay! I didn't swim weird or whatsoever. We swum around for a bit and decided to go to the slide. 

"Oh my god, do we really have to walk up these stairs," Megan whined. Both Megan and I never do sports, so our condition isn’t that well.. But I do dance and Megan doesn’t do anything at all. While Daniel is into football, going to the gym and other dancing. 

"Maybe you should go to the gym to get in shape," Daniel joked, probably already knowing that Megan would never do that.

“Daniel! Are you calling me fat?!" Megan yelled.

"You know I’m not.. I meant your shape, in like how fast you get out of breathe, you know, you’re not even close to fat.." Daniel said.

"I know what you meant, I was joking," Megan said and giggled. I shook my head at them and ran upstairs to get there faster than them. There wasn’t even a line, no one was there, so I slid off the slide immediately when I got upstairs. I could hear Daniel and Megan yelling something along the line of  "Anna Lee!” and "Child!" I giggled and plunged in the water at the end of the slide. Soon enough, Megan came down and after her, Daniel came down. Megan lightly shoved me and I laughed.

"We could’ve gone together," she said and tried to put on a ‘mad’ face, which was actually quite failing. We got out of the water and went to the 1,20 meters pool. We jumped in and got told off by the lifeguard.

"Sorry!" Megan shouted. The lifeguard gave us an ‘okay’-sign and went on with his job. We spent the next hour swimming around, going off the slide and more swimming around. Our hands were all wrinkled when we got out.

"Let’s take a quick shower at my house and then head to the restaurant," Megan said and hurried us. It was now 5.30pm and we hurried back to the lockers, only to realize that the wrist band I had around my wrist was gone. I slightly panicked and went back to the pool to look around. Daniel still had the wrist band he had from the other locker with our shoes and jackets.

"Sorry, but have you seen a wrist band for the lockers? I lost mine.." I asked he lifeguard. He shook his head and gave me an apologetic look.

"I’m sorry.. I’ll give it to the reception if I can find it, okay?" He said. I nodded and thanked him anyways. I went back to Megan and Daniel and they were standing in front of the reception.

"Uhm.. Sorry, but we just finished swimming and realized that we lost one wrist band for the lockers.. Did someone give it off here?" Daniel asked.

"No.. I’m really sorry, we do have a spare key. We only need one of your IDs to check if it’s really your locker.." The receptionist said.

"I left mine in th-"

"I have mine, I put it in my blanket when we went swimming, just in case something like this happened," Daniel said and handed the receptionist his ID. She checked if it matched to the ID of the person that hired the lockers, and it matched. We were all really relieved and thanked the receptionist dozens of times. She opened the locker for us and went back to her workplace.

"Check if everything’s still in there," Daniel said. Megan took her bag and checked it.

"Phone, wallet, socks, underwear, bra, extra towel, clothes.." She mumbled, "Yup, everything’s still in here," she said. Daniel also checked his bag.

"Phone.. socks.. underwear.. extra towel.. wallet.. extra clothes.. other clothes" Daniel mumbled, "I also have everything, " he said. Now it was my turn to check. I somehow had this feeling that something would be missing..

"Socks, underwear, towel, phone, clothes, extra clothes.." I said, "I think I ha- OH MY GOD WHERE IS MY WALLET?" I yelled. I rumbled some more through my bag to make sure I didn’t miss it, but it was actually gone..

"Guys.. I lost my wallet," I said and sighed. My wallet had my ID in there, my school pass, my bank card.. I didn’t put any money in there though, except for 3 bucks. I did have money in my bank account, which I was worried about. My school pass is also really important, same goes to my ID..

".." Megan mumbled, "Who the would do something like this, I’m gonna ing kill a ," Megan said and I could see the anger in her eyes.

"It’s okay, I can go to my bank and tell them I lost my bank pass, and they’ll block the old one and give me a new one and I didn’t have much money in my wallet so that’s okay.. I can also just go to the police to say my ID got lost and about the school pass.. I think I can just go to the dean?" I said, trying to be as positive as possible. I know it would take a lot of time, but better than not getting it back at all.

"How do you stay so positive.." Megan said and sighed.

"It’s okay.. I’ll just give my mom a call and maybe she can go to the bank first and tell them about it.." I said and grabbed my phone to call my mom. My mom was quite shocked at first, but stayed calm.

"I’m going to the bank now, okay honey? Borrow some money from Megan or Daniel, I’ll give it back tomorrow," mom said. I was really touched by her words. My mom has always been very caring and genuine.

"No no, I can pay it back. I still have money on my bank account, so as soon as I have a new bank card I’ll pay it back," I said.

"Are you sure, honey?" She asked.

"Yeah, of course! Thanks for going to the bank for me, mom!" I said and ended the call.

"Guys, can I borrow some money from one of you?" I asked.

"Of course! Pay it back when you have the money, no hurries," Daniel said. We changed into the clothes we wore earlier and went to the reception. 

"Hi, thanks for earlier. Could you give me a call if you find my wallet?" I asked. The receptionist looked up and nodded. She grabbed a piece of paper next to her and a pen. 

"Here, write your information on here. I'll give you a call when I find it, okay? Please mention your name with it so we can see if it's actually yours," she said and handed me the paper and pen. I wrote down my name plus last name, my address, my phone number and my house phone number. I handed it back to her.

"I'll call when I find it, don't worry," she said and gave me a smile. I smiled back at her and thanked her. 

"Have a nice day," I said and exited the swimming pool. We walked to the car and headed to Megan's house. We all took a shower there, changed into the extra clothes we brought and did our make up, well Megan and I did our make up, Daniel only gelled his hair. When we were all done and ready, it was 7pm and our reservation was at 7:15, so we were just in time. The ride there would take about 10 or 15 minutes. I just wore a black and white striped dress which is called something like a peplum, but I'm not sure. Megan wore a skintight white dress with an open back. Daniel wore a pair of black jeans and a navy blue blouse with dots. 

"Aw Daniel! You look cute," Megan said. 

"Cute? Not handsome?" Daniel joked. Megan shook her head and walked away. I laughed and decided to be the nice friend.

"You do look handsome, don't worry," I said and followed Megan, who was now waiting for the car to open. We also decided to not eat at the sushi place anymore, we were going to one of the fancy restaurants, but it wasn't that fancy that it would cost us hundreds of dollars. Just fancy enough to be dressing like this. 

"Please open up the door Daniel, I'm freezing," Megan said. We did have a jacket, but that wasn't enough with the bare legs.. 

"Okay okay," he said and pulled the keys out of his pocket. He opened it up quickly and went in first. He the heat and waited for us both to sit and close the door. We drove off when the last door closed. We arrived at the restaurant at exactly 7.15pm. We went in and were greeted by the workers there, and probably also the boss of the restaurant? 

"Hello, we made a reservation for three," Daniel said.

"What's your name, sir?" The woman asked. 

"Daniel Obrien," he said. 

"Reservation for three at 7.15?"

"Yes," he said and the worker led us to our table. Daniel and I sat down on one side and Megan on the other side, so Daniel and I were facing Megan and Megan was facing us. 

"Can I get you something to drink?" The waiter asked.

"I'll just have a coke," Daniel said.

"Lipton ice tea for us," Megan said. The waiter wrote everything down and left our table. We looked through the menu and were deciding on what to eat. There were so many choices so I was kinda struggling. 

"Can't choose?" Megan teased. I always sit there with the menu in front of me for a long time until I finally make a decision, and since the only times I've been out for dinner were with Megan, Daniel and mom, they were also the only people that knew my weird habit. 

"Maybe.." I said and went back to looking at the menu. Meanwhile, Daniel and Megan were done picking something. After 3 more minutes, I finally decided. A waiter came to take our orders. After he took our order, he went back to the chefs to pass our orders. We sat there and talked.

"I missed spending a whole day with you two like this," I said and smiled. It's been a while since we spent a whole day together, so I was really glad we did this again. 

"Me too.. Let's try to spend as much time with Megan as possible," Daniel said.

"There's really no need to. Hanging out a few times every week is also okay," Megan said. 

"No, of course not. We won't be able to see each other for a long time," I said. We probably would see each other again at the end of the year, and that's more than half a year later.. We continued our conversation and decided to stop talking about Megan's departure. We talked about everything we did the past four years, about the memories, about how we started talking and all those stuff. Dinner was filled with joy, laughter and reminiscing. I really really enjoyed dinner and I'm glad we did it. It's been a while since we spent dinner together and talked about the past and everything that happened in our relationship over the past four years. It was slowly nearing 11pm. Daniel drove each of us home. He first dropped Megan off, because she was the closest, then he dropped me off. When I got home, mom was already sleeping so I went upstairs quietly, went to the bathroom quickly and went to sleep immediately. I was starting at 11.30 the next day, so I could sleep in for a bit. 
 

A/N:

Hello lovely people! 

Updated a short chapter for you guys so you wouldn't be bored (if you were).
School hasn't been that bad and teachers didn't give me a ton of homework yet, so I'm happy with that LOL I'm in my last year of high school now and my exams are in 7 or 8 months /jumps off a cliff
Ohh! I'm gonna dye my hair tomorrow! It's most probably gonna be like IU's red hair, which I really really like

I'll make sure to update this weekend, only one chapter though, because I don't have time for 2 chapters since I'm gonna go parasailing this Sunday. 
Hope you enjoyed this short chapter!!  (nothing really happened though, but still)

\(^○^)人(^○^)/