Chapter 1

You're My Playground

I was just casually walking to school with my two friends, Megan and Daniel. It was 7.45 and school starts at 8.30. Walking to school only took 15 minutes, so we had plenty of time left to get some bubble tea! There's only one bubble tea shop near my school, so that's where we went. We all bought bubble tea and a sandwich, which they also sell there. 

"So, anything going on in your lifes?" Megan asked us. She giggled and took a sip of her drink. 

"Nah, just the usual. Sleep, eat, school and repeat," I said and laughed, causing the others to laugh too. We continued talking about nothing in particular the next 30 minutes. It was 8.15 when we headed to school. Not many people were there, because students start to come around 8.20.

"Bye Meg, See you in 2nd period!" I screamed at Megan, who was walking the opposite way of us. She waved and went to other friends. Daniel and I had math, so we went there together.

"How was your weekend?" I asked him. He giggled (manly) and told me about his weekend.

"Well, I went to this party and lots of girls of our school were there. Almost everyone was drunk," Daniel said and shrugged. Daniel was slightly different from me and Megan. He likes to party, and with like, I mean as much as possible, even on school days. He also hangs out with other guys who smoke, but luckily, he doesn't smoke himself.

"Sounds fun? You should really stop going out that much, though. You still have a girlfriend you know.." I said and pinched his cheek, which he doesn't like at all.

"Yeah I know, but she trusts me. And how many times do I have to tell you to not touch my face? It's too handsome to be ruined by your hands," Daniel said and put an arm around my shoulder. I scoffed and pinched his cheek again. He just sighed and we continued walking to maths. 

Some of my classmates were gathered in front of the classroom, because the teacher is always late. 5 minutes later the teacher came rushing to us and breathing heavily. My maths teacher was always really clumsy and not on time at all. One time, he didn't even show up because he thought it was a Sunday. Besides his clumsy side, he is a really good teacher and very friendly. 

"Sorry for being late, guys! I kinda overslept, but I'm here now and that's all that matters. Let's go in," the teacher said and unlocked the door for us to go in. Everyone took their seats and took their books out. At the beginning of the year, the teacher decided our seats for us and I, unfortunately, was seated alone. I didn't mind that much, because I work better when I'm alone. I could still talk to my classmates behind me, so I didn't mind. One of them was really nice and the other one was an , but whatever. 

"Okay guys! Ehm, let me take my stuff out and prepare my lesson. Just talk to your classmates behind you or in front of you, but don't scream to each other from across the room please," the teacher said and went back to his work/preparation.

I turned around, because Luke was calling my name.

"Yeah, sup?" I said. I've known Luke for 4 years and we weren't THAT close, but we were close enough to talk comfortably with each other. 

"Nothing, just wanted to ask about your weekend," Luke said and smiled at me. I do have to say, I once really liked him, but he's an when he's with his friends so kind of a turn off. 

"Hmm, didn't do anything besides sleeping, eating and writing," I answered and lightly nodded, "You?"

"How are you still not fat when the only things you do are eating, sleeping and staying home?" He laughed and I shrugged. Guess I'm just lucky.

"Genes," I said, which caused him to laugh louder, "What about you?"

"I went to football training and hung out at Jeff's place," Luke said and pointed at Jeff, who was sitting next to him. Jeff rose an eyebrow and glared at me. 

"What? What are you looking at?" He said, still raising his eyebrow. Jeff is that one guy that thinks he's popular, but is actually hated by 90% of the school. 

We both shrugged and went back to our conversation about our weekends, leaving Jeff still confused. Luke asked me some things about the what I've written and I asked him a few things about football. I've been writing ever since I was 10 years old. My interest in writing began when I started reading books. I wondered how people came up with stories like that and wanted to write my own book once I got older. Now that I'm older (16) and now that I have read more books, I know more about writing. My favorite books are such unoriginal favorites, but it's The Fault In Our Stars and Looking For Alaska. The books really inspired me and gave me more motivation to start writing my own book. And since I really like kpop and stuff, I actually started writing fanfics, but they were were dumb and silly, so I stopped doing that and started on a real book. 

"Are you also still into kpop?" Luke asked and supported his head on his arm. 

"Yeah, probably more than ever," I said and smiled. Luke ruffled my hair, smiled back at me and told me to turn around because the teacher was going to start on his lesson. 

"Students and other spiritual things that might be present in this room, listen up. Today's just going to be a normal lesson with me explaining about the best thing in the world. Tomorrow, though, is going to be slightly different. We'll be having a new student from Korea and he speaks English, Chinese and Korean. I expect you to be friendly to him and help him with everything he needs help with. If I see one of you bullying him or being unfriendly to him, I will take action and go to the principal. I know I sound like a snitch, but forgive me for this once. Okay, let's start this wonderful class!" 

Everyone nodded at his announcement and listened to him. 

A new student? From Korea? Sounds nice, I've always wanted a Korean friend! 

The lesson went on with the teacher explaining everything with excitement and the class being bored. I had to hold my laughter, because Luke was poking my sides and Daniel kept on winking at me. Why am I friends with these idiots. 

The bell rang, which meant 2nd period. Daniel walked up to me and put an arm around my shoulder, which caused Luke to glare at him. This left me a little bit confused, but I decided to smile at Luke. He smiled back and waved at me. 

"What was that all about? Ah whatever, back to what I wanted to say. Are you excited for the new student? You've always been into Koreans and everything related to Korea, right? Well, this is your chance!" Daniel said and laughed hysterically. 

"Oh my god Daniel, what are you even laughing at? Idiot." I said and flicked his forehead. 

"Ouch.." He said and pouted.

"Stop pouting, it doesn't suit you," I said and laughed at his face. He didn't stop pouting until we got to the classroom for our 2nd period, where Megan was waiting for us.

"Megan!!" We both yelled and ran up to her. We hugged her until she pushed us away.

"I'm still young and I'd like to marry, have kids and reach the age of 110, so please don't do that again," she said and laughed. Daniel and I also laughed and walked into the classroom. 

The rest of the day was pretty normal. Classes, lunch and going home together. We all don't live that far from each other, maybe 5 minutes from each house, so we walked to school and home together. Why not with the bus you ask? Just because it takes longer. 

When I got home, I texted Daniel and Megan, saying I got home safely. The first thing I usually do after a day at school, is check up on any updates of the kpop groups I like. The groups I like are EXO, B2ST and BTS. Even if I had homework to do, I'd still check up on them. I also liked talking to friends I made through twitter because of kpop. 

One of them, Jenny, lives in America and we've known each other for almost a year now. We talk daily and share a lot of interests. I like kpop, dancing and writing and she also likes all of them. Such a pity that she lives on the other side of the world.. 

After checking up on updates, I made homework, finishing it in 30 minutes. Dinner came and I sat down with my mother to eat. Yes, we only live with the two of us. I'm an only child and I'm fine with that. I'm also fine with not having my father here. He left us when I was 12, but I kinda got used to it and tried to not think about him as much as possible. This made me have a much more positive outlook on life. 

After eating dinner, I talked to my mother about school and my friends. I also told her about the new student from Korea.

"Finally, another Korean student! You and your 2 cousins are the only Koreans at your school," my mom said.

"Yeah, but I don't really know how he's going to be. I also don't know if he even wants to be friends with me," I said. 

"Of course he would want to be friends with you! You're really nice and friendly," my mom said and patted my head. I smiled and went upstairs, but not before giving her a hug.

I spent my night talking to Jenny, Daniel and Megan. I didn't realize it was 2 am until Jenny pointed it out. 

Phone conversation with Jenny:

J: "Girl, I love talking to you and I'd love to do that all night, but it's 2 am there.." 
A: "OH MY GOD! I didn't realize that. How is it that you know the time here better than me? Hahaha."
J: "Because I'm your bestest friend from America and I can add a few hours to the time here."
A: "Whatever, let me just finish this conversation with you."
J: "Okay, what did you want to say?"
A: "Well, there's this new student from Korea in my class tomorrow."
J: "What?! No way! Lucky girl! What if it's some idol? LOL!"
A: "LOL if that happens, I wouldn't even be able to look him in the eyes or befriend him, I'm so bad at making new friends omg."
J: "Of course he would want to be friends with you! Have fun tomorrow! I think it's time for you to sleep. You have to wake up in 4 hours! Go to sleep NOW!"
A: "Okay okay, mom. Goodnight to you too! I love you loadsss!"
J: "Goodnight babes. Love you too!" 

That's how our conversation ended that night and I went to sleep with some music on. 

A/N:

First chapter is up! Tell me what you think. I really enjoyed writing it! 
Gonna start on the second chapter, because I'm really into it right now.