His and Her POV

My Million Dollar Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        

"I thought of changing the furniture's positon so we can move freely," Dara explained when Jiyong arrived. She saw him dumbfounded on the living room. Before, the sofas were gathered together. It was cozy and warm to say the least and if ever there are guest, they will be gathered in one place, the conversation would be intimate. Which was fine. That was really the designer's intention. Warm, cozy, intimate.

 

But it was hard to clean. So she scattered the sofa. That way, they can walk straight and doesn't have to avoid the furnitures. Even the coffee table, she moved it beside the wall. She also stripped off the window's curtains. The color was dark, she will replace it with tulle so that they doesn't have to turn on the lights when the sun's out. 

 

"The jars, I moved it to your study, the other one was on the guest room." she added.

 

"That was Mom's," Jiyong said. He was not complaining nor happy. His tone was flat.

 

"Do you want me to put it back?"

 

"No. You carried the jars?"

 

"Minah helped me."

 

"That was heavy. I wanted to move it even before but I can't think of where. Umma's ghost might hunt me if I will put that on the garage. An old lady and she liked old things." again, Jiyong surveyed the place. "It's actually better. I can breathe."

 

That made her smile. "I also thought when we have kids, it's better to have space so they can explore without hitting something."

 

His face lit up at the mention of a child. But he just nodded and said "good." It's as if he doesn't  want to show his excitement.

 

"Go upstairs and change so we can eat." she said. "I already prepared your clothes. Just make it fast. Shrimp and vegetables in tamarind broth might get cold. There's also deep fried pork belly."

 

"Wow," Jiyong uttered but stiffened after. "I--uhm--I'm not hungry, you eat first. I have something to do."

 

She can't understand that reaction of his. His body language and what he's saying were completely opposite. He acts like someone who wanted to run to the dining room because he was looking that way and that's also where his body was facing. But he said he was not hungry?

 

"You eat out?" she asked.

 

He scratched his nose. "Y-yes. With Taeyang." 

 

"What did you eat?"

 

"Steak. Pasta." he was looking on his shoes.

 

He was lying. But she was not good enough to guess where he's lying for. With the fact that he already ate or with whom he ate with?

 

"Fine. I'll eat now." she turned her back. It's not on her nature to force someone. 

 

She place a bowl of shrimp and vegetables in tamarind broth in the microwave.

 

"Make some juice Minah" she told the maid.

 

"Sir Jiyong won't eat?"

 

"He said he was full. But I'm already famished"

 

After she eat, Dara went to their room-- Jiyong's room. She already moved all of her things there. She knew he wasn't done changing his clothes yet because he was still not wearing his shirt. She ached to touch him but after the "first night" he didn't sleep with her.

 

"Do you have lots of work

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter